Pvp Disc. Fear Missing

I've been having a few times when my fear is missing a target in arena, I didnt think i would need hit as disc or is this just bad rng?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    you need hit and spellpen in pvp

I have the spell pen cloak i didnt think i would need to get hit as a healer but apprently so!

Quote Originally Posted by Senio View Post
    I have the spell pen cloak i didnt think i would need to get hit as a healer but apprently so!
    Heals don't miss, that you don't need hit for. Fear is not a heal, neither is any other offensive move you can use as disc (mind spike, holy fire, smite, etc)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Well it's not missing, it is being resisted. It's classified as a shadow spell. So yeah, need spell pen. Pretty sure you don't need hit rating for it to land though...although I'm not 100% sure on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 4% hit and 195 spell pen to never miss ever with your shadow spells.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    Well it's not missing, it is being resisted. It's classified as a shadow spell. So yeah, need spell pen. Pretty sure you don't need hit rating for it to land though...although I'm not 100% sure on that.
    You need hit for any offensive ability to not miss, same goes for Mind Control, Mind Spike etc.
    4% hit is pretty much must have for a priest, missed fear or mind control can be a killer.

Spell Penetration is something else, it gives people with shadow resist (Mage Armor, Resi Aura, Mark of the Wild, BoK, Dreanei Racial etc.) to fully resist shadow spell. And you need that too

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    You need 4% hit and 195 spell pen to never miss ever with your shadow spells.
    The spell pen cap value is wrong but yea, you get the idea: get capped or close to it on both and you won't see any fear resisted (as well as Mass Dispels etc).