Thread: DE opinions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zYN View Post
    Only thought I got from reading that: If you roll Need on stuff, the items should become impossible to disenchant.
    Lol that's dumb... how about what you NEED cannot be ever vendored or de-ed...? How about that then? What if you actually needsomething then you find an upgrade... render the original item useless??? I hated back in BC that I couldn't de some of the rep items.

Quote Originally Posted by pokpok View Post
    Yes but you can chose to be a miner to level your BS/Eng. You can chose to be a skinner to level your LW. You can chose to be an herbalist to level your Alch/scribe. There are nodes then that you can look up on wowhead to find out where to go to get your mats and for minning and herbalism dont require you to have to kill anything.

I am a tailor/enchanter but this forces me to go kill x number of mobs to get y number of cloth and now DE for the chance of getting the enchanting item I need.

Enchanting is not a gather and crafting profession. That is the silliest reply of them all.
    What have you done with all the 10 tons of greens you got on the way you leveled your priest? Every time you replace a gear, you can disenchant the previous too. You can buy greenies from ah for 5g and disenchant then sell the items, or make scrolls.
    What have you done with all the tailoring leveler gear you made? You make tons of crap gear on the way you level a profession, and it's waste if you put them on ah (well someone puts up on ah them for 5-10g, and you can buy off and disenchant)
    Enchanting is a good profession, it can co-op with every other crafting profession (get coth -> craft = level tailoring -> disenchant the crap -> level disenchant too -> profit!), but I'm sure you know this.

I am obviously on the wrong damn server because greens start at 30g and go from there bought some new greens for my 83 hunter last night and the green legs were 100g and those were the cheapest there.

I guess I am the product of a bad economy.

to buy the mats for my LW to make them would have been 150g so 100g was better imo.
    Last edited by CrossKeeper; 2011-06-15 at 04:46 PM. Reason: additional info

So I have run into some issues in dungeons on DE items. I dont have an idea for a fix, I just want some ideas and to see if others are running into the same problems.

Well what do y'all think?
    So, you need on gear you can use and the group kicks you because they needed for DE and you are unhappy.

Yet, you need on gear you don't use so you can DE.

I roll need on anything i can use even if i dont need it cause people on this game are like this too, and when 4.2 comes out i will roll need on all boe's i see sure they become soulbound and i prefer to get that 50g or whatever i can get from the vendor than letting some1 else AH it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thread exemplifies the downfall of the community. WoW is a Multi-Player game but everyone treats other players as non-humans that deserve no respect.

People who role need only because other people roll need only exacerbate the problem. Politely tell people that roll need on something that is not an upgrade or is a boe that they should not roll need for AH spec as it is not fair to the group.

When you get talked back to for that then I would simply put that person on ignore and move on. You will never get grouped with them again in LFD.

It seems some are confused. On my priest I did not need any of the greens that dropped (there were 6 I could have) I only did it on the boss drops that noone else needed and I could need on. As alliance on eredar the economy sucks, greater clestial go for 50g plus and the rest of the prices equally horrible. When this happened I was still trying to level from 510-525 so most everything required about 150g-200g a point to get.
    You are confused. You used a need roll for what is effectively a greed roll to get the advantage. If a non enchanter did the same thing for the guaranteed vendor gold, would you have a problem? If so you should have a problem with what you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamblingswarm View Post
    I roll need on anything i can use even if i don't need it cause people on this game are like this too, and when 4.2 comes out i will roll need on all boe's i see sure they become soulbound and i prefer to get that 50g or whatever i can get from the vendor than letting someone else AH it.
    Yeah, and you're kind of a dick if you do that. The people in your group aren't NPC's you know.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomepowa View Post
    Lol that's dumb... how about what you NEED cannot be ever vendored or de-ed...? How about that then? What if you actually needsomething then you find an upgrade... render the original item useless??? I hated back in BC that I couldn't de some of the rep items.
    You think people wouldn't get an upgrade just cause they can't d/e or sell the gear they already have?

you guys are assuming enchanters win every roll. if you can need on gear go for it, i won't bitch at you. but if for some reason you have this made up rule that everyone should greed on it, its not my fault that i don't know or care about your rules.

game says i can click the dice, i click the dice.

you're in the same boat like the guys in their "shard run". good luck on being antisocial and greedy. you deserve more "victim" causes.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 05:20 PM ----------

I roll need on anything i can use even if i dont need it cause people on this game are like this too, and when 4.2 comes out i will roll need on all boe's i see sure they become soulbound and i prefer to get that 50g or whatever i can get from the vendor than letting some1 else AH it.
    hehe, it's ok! i don't play with people like you. have fun waiting for invites and doing runs with incapable pugs. well deserved, too.

edit, @above:
    wow, the casuals are many. are all of your kind that way? man am i glad that i played ALL of my wow time with friends only, hahahahaha.

ps:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ment#168:a4477 in your faces.
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2011-06-15 at 05:22 PM.

As a BS you can go to nodes and mine all your skill points. As a tailor you can farm mobs that always drop cloth. As a LW you can go kill mobs to get random crap plus the mats you need. I have done all of these. So now as an enchanter where am I supposed to go to farm my mats?
    DEing quest rewards? That's how my enchanter has leveled his enchanting in Wrath and Cata. Vanilla was a pain, TBC less of a pain but still a pain. But now? I can remember maxing my enchanting in Vanilla, buying mats in the AH, getting that last point, then telling my guild and friends about it. Same for TBC. Wrath and Cata? Nope, it just happened with very little effort.

When I hear enchanters saying that allowing non-enchanters to get mats from random heroics bites into their profit, I have to think "You're doing it wrong." Seriously, even if I won every item in every run, it wouldn't make up the majority of enchanting mats that I sell or use to make enchants that I then sell. I'm heavily into the gem, inscription, and enchanting markets on my server, and enchanting is currently making me the most gold.

I have yet to hear any argument from enchanters against the DE button that doesn't boil down to a sense of entitlement. It doesn't cause me problems in leveling enchanting and it doesn't cause me problems in making gold with enchanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    you guys are assuming enchanters win every roll. if you can need on gear go for it, i won't bitch at you. but if for some reason you have this made up rule that everyone should greed on it, its not my fault that i don't know or care about your rules.

game says i can click the dice, i click the dice.
    I was wondering if I should explain what socially acceptable behavior and social rules are, but then I figured my effort would be ignored anyway.
    It's not really a made-up rule (well, of course it is, every rule is made up at some point). If the gear cannot be used by anyone (as in: it's not an upgrade) everyone involved deserves a fair chance to benefit from something that the entire group has contributed for.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I personally hate the DE button >.> I think it was horrible idea. But that's my opinion.

the group who kicked you, they were all morons. I do shard runs with guildies. And if we are short one person(cause some days we are), we ask the dps who comes in if that's ok that we roll need on the things. Of course if he needs it :P we let him have it. I don't like screwing people out of epics. Just I help out with guild enchants so I need to have mats on me during raid in case someone gets a new item, we dont like waiting around for someone to hearth, buy enchant...buy gems...reforge it eats into out raiding time :P we try to have some mats on us at all times.

As for needing on items in random heroics. I don't see why that's wrong, I been in runs on my alts were enchanters do this =/ unless your being greedy about it. and selling it on the AH, or stealing stuff from ppl who ACTUALLY need it...then your a dufus. Stat the moment you zone in you will be needing stuff for enchanting mats. Ask if they have a problem if they do....leave...if they dont...stay - (I feel bad when i'm que'd as a tank though, and they gets touchy over it. Meh *leaves....goes back to fishing* >.<). you cant roll on EVERYTHING anyways :P once again I run with guildies. I get all the mats :P in return I do free enchants for the people in the guild.
    Last edited by Ghostwolf; 2011-06-15 at 05:28 PM.
    MEOW

I am running regs on my priest healing who is an enchanter. I say from the start that I will be rolling need on boss drops that I can loot and no others can use so that I can DE them.
    Wow, just... wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm baffled. Assuming you have a 1 in 5 chance of winning the greed roll and it AHs for at least 500-1k then you're losing out by needing.

Before DE rolls, if there was an enchanter in the group people would ask and the enchanter would roll need and then get to roll on the shard. If an enchanter didn't want to do it, so be it. We'd go without shards and the enchanter would get to roll normally; and if the enchanter would still need something to DE it and take for himself/herself it would result in him being kicked. Either way for the enchanter rolling was needed to win the shard. They didn't have a problem with DEing for others most of the time. If they wanted to be an A$$ about it, we'd make sure not to take them next time and people like them would eventually be flagged on the server. I remember there was a time when Ninjas would not get into a group. (Down side of LFD)

Summary
    1. Shard runs are stupid if not done with a full group. They will eventually run out of the option to vote kick because of CD.
    2. Need roll only what you need. Any need roll that is not for actual use is simply a Ninja-Roll.

Thoughts: Perhaps blizzard can put in effect a system where if someone is not from your server and wins a DE roll from you. You will receive a small piece, for example small shard, as the enchanter. The server part is so you can't abuse it by not rolling as an enchanter and do the dungeon with people from your own server.

as an enchanter and frequent posted on the actual forums about the subject...they need to fix this system. im not worried about the money as much as i am about getting mats for my own gear. why am i giving you my mats when im an enchanter and need some myself? i just looked at my mats..i barely have enought to enchant a new peice of gear if i get something.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    as an enchanter and frequent posted on the actual forums about the subject...they need to fix this system. im not worried about the money as much as i am about getting mats for my own gear. why am i giving you my mats when im an enchanter and need some myself? i just looked at my mats..i barely have enought to enchant a new peice of gear if i get something.
    I don't know how you use your mats, ATM I'm sitting on 400 dust and 120 GCE. That's only from greens I get while questing and in dungeons. Fully enchanted with many alts.

P.S. Wish I could break Crystals to Shards, with the introduction of EPIC LOOT only dungeons, crystals are very hard to get.
    Last edited by TunderingAeacus; 2011-06-15 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I was wondering if I should explain what socially acceptable behavior and social rules are, but then I figured my effort would be ignored anyway.
    It's not really a made-up rule (well, of course it is, every rule is made up at some point). If the gear cannot be used by anyone (as in: it's not an upgrade) everyone involved deserves a fair chance to benefit from something that the entire group has contributed for.
    You can explain what you think is acceptable all day, but once something drops we both have equal right to click need. What either of us does with the gear once we get it is no ones business but our own.