Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can a feral druid beat a frost mage in a duel?

I mean if both are good and geared, does the feral have a chance?

If both are equally skilled and geared the cat should have no chance. Reason being is root breakers (dash and roar) do not grant immunity for the duration even though they should. So..mage freezes, cat pops sprint to break freeze, mage freezes again. Cat uses a cancel aura on dash and uses roar, mage freezes again. Cat goes afk while mage eats his face and keeps him rooted.

No, a feral (of any skill level) can't beat a good frost mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a 1v1, not likely when the mage knows what he´s doing.
    Then again, who can beat a good frost mage 1v1?
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Deleted
    enhancement shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 on 10, max.

Depends really. Of course, if it is a really good mage and a avarage druid, the druid got no chance. But Ive beaten alot of mages in duels, alot of good mages as well.

I have beaten alot of mages in duel with my feral. Me and the mages I have fought have been around 2k rated players in arena and about equally geared. The secret is really just to go really offensive and use the instant casts fast (before spell steal) and use the right ability root/cyclone, depend on situation. Trinket + 2 root breaker abilities can throw a mage quite off his game. But ofcourse the mage could manage to counter, but no one has managed to do that to me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    I have beaten alot of mages in duel with my feral. Me and the mages I have fought have been around 2k rated players in arena and about equally geared. The secret is really just to go really offensive and use the instant casts fast (before spell steal) and use the right ability root/cyclone, depend on situation. Trinket + 2 root breaker abilities can throw a mage quite off his game. But ofcourse the mage could manage to counter, but no one has managed to do that to me yet.
    Anecdotal evidence FTW... /sarcasm

Yes, a good feral druid can beat a good mage. However any elite feral will get destroyed by any elite mage 99/100.

Deleted
    Unless the mage is AFK or just bought the account, no - no way in hell.

Deleted
    I think its very possible as long as you dont let him reset. It kinda of warr vs mage back in wotlk where warr got kited like idiot but with small and constant dmg from rend and occasinal mortal strike / overpower and a lot of self healing mage will eventually go oom an low on hp, just stay in bear form a lot.

Not easy but not impossible either if you ask me.
    Last edited by mmoc4fc4c1f339; 2011-11-09 at 01:56 AM.

Short answer Yes.

Longer answer if the mage is halfway decent then not a chance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    1v1 duels in wow is such a crapshoot.]

Who ever sucks more will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh View Post
    Unless the mage is AFK or just bought the account, no - no way in hell.
    I look at the average frost mage in random BGs as a kill, but certainly easier to kill a frost mage as boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    if you beat them then they obviously are not good frost mages. In a 1v1 scenario, ferals should never be able to beat a frost mage. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    In a 1v1, not likely when the mage knows what he´s doing.
    Then again, who can beat a good frost mage 1v1?
    A good rogue could do it.

A feral don't stand a chance in hell against a good mage. The mage will just force the Feral to blow CDs and after that he is sitting duck.

Basically it depends mostly on who you're dueling, how used they are to the feral speed, and how good you are, I've beaten many mages in my day, I still do beat mages occassionaly, but then when I really want a mage duel with somebody in my range any of the gladiator mages I know comes down to durotar, desummons his elemental and mops the floor with my fluffy cat tail- We stand no chance against good mages, we stand a decent one against bad ones(I preffer to call them shitters, however I think I'd get infracted if I did- nevertheless I couldn't resist)

I have seen a good ret paladin beat a good frost mage before...so yes, miracles do happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Against an 2.2k+ mage, never, unless they make a significant mistake or lag out.

Against a "good" mage (1900-2200), yes, but you have to execute/time all of your mobility and survival cc's perfectly, all of your charges, skull bashes, dash and stampede quickly and effectively (including cyclone to reset if possible). And on top of that your damage rotation has to also be perfectly maintained (bleeds with TF, not delay that first rip etc..).

Against an average mage (1500-1900) yes, it is actually quite fun and you can routinely beat them with practice.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2011-11-10 at 11:29 PM.

I'm sorry to budd in here, but average mages in my expirience are anywhere around 2.2k, good at or around 2.4k and elite at gladiator level, there is nothing in between, basically meaning, average mages I can beat, good once in a while, elite, not even without their water elemental- And I'm an elite feral druid.