Thread: Sinestra P3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    think u got 3 breaths in p3 after the buff falls? or if its 4. use AM+treeform - raidwall+tranq - barrier + 1x divine, then pray. if u get 4, move tranq to last & let the shadow divine instead @scnd. doable.

As for the 2man healing, what raidsetup do u usually have?

Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    Borrowing this thread a bit! If anyone could give me any tips, it'd be great.

We're 2 healing sinestra 10man, resto shaman and holy priest (who is responsible for dispelling). We tried it with holy pala, resto shaman and the priest to go shadow and massdispel when we had +4 wracks up. That didn't really work for us, I'm not sure why, probably a mix of bad timing, pala's bad internet and so on and so forth.
    So, back to resto shaman + holy priest. The holy priest's healing is obviously gimped since he's dispelling, and we manage p1 and p2 perfectly fine.

Phase 3 hits and we wipe. Our raid leader says we, the healers, probably/most likely won't be able to keep up with the damage, because the priest will be too busy dispelling and me, the shaman, can't keep it up all myself. What do other people do? Do you have to have 2 healers and a dps dispelling to manage to keep up, or is it just that we haven't gotten to p3 enough times to sort and get a feel of the healing?
    I believe disc is better for sinestra, if your priest is good at it. The bubbles while running are a lifesaver. Other than that, you shouldnt have problems healing in p3 with those two people. Resto shaman mastery is sick, so just stack a ton of that, and spam GHW after flame breaths. The priest shouldnt be dispelling the entire time, considering he just has to dispel once, then twice, then mass dispel and he should be good. With 15 seconds between those he can easily heal up the raid.

You should only use rallying cry/ aura mastery when there's a breath incoming during a large amount of wracks.

Get rid of the rogue and replace him with someone who is willing to be in their optimal spec.

Deleted
    for dispelling use DBM warning, it'll work fine !

Deleted
    You can't use a bossmod to tell you when to dispell, there is a lot of factors to take in account, not just a perfect time. But I guess 3 healing it trivialize the fight if you can handle P1/P2 with one less dps.
    Doing it with 2 healers is a bit frustrating when orbs decide to chain target one of them in p3 during the 4 wracks wave, but it's at least the only really intense et interesting fight with ascendant council.

We 2 heal it using Paladin and Druid as healers, Druid can be replaced by a Chaman or Priest even if Druid is better due to insane HoTs scaling with haste and capacity to heal while moving.
    We have 2 warrior tanks, wich sucks. About dps, any setup will work as long as you have some casters (they benefit much more from the haste buff than melees), an arcane mage is a good idea, a shadowpriest and a boomkin for AOEing too.

Another option for the P3 whelps which really helped us kill her:
    -Have the add tank group up two packs of whelps and bring them to back of the room
    -Have the entire ranged AoE down the whelps untill the die
    -When the whelps respawn, have the add tank run them to the melee and have the entire raid AoE them down.
    The goal of this strat is to just to simplify the whelps, and free up two of your DPS to go back onto sinestra.

You mentioned you have a prot paladin: We only killed 4 whelp packs on our kill, the prot paladin picked up the first 2 packs, we proceded to kill them as mentioned above, then he bubbled his stacks and repeated the process. When the 2nd round of whelps was killed(packs 3 and 4), our red buff had just worn off and then our tanks swapped, paladin on Sinestra and DK on the whelps. All whelps after the 4th pack are not killed and sinestra is just burned.

As far as wrack and cooldown management: You want some sort of raid cooldown durning each flame breath, and two raid cooldowns during the flame breath while there are the maximum out of wrack out, this is generally during the end of wrack.

-Kuzuak

Deleted
    We are currently progressing this and we have whelps spawning in p2. Is this bug or intented?

I think, if you don't push p2 before the "next whelps" timer hits ~30 seconds or so, you'll get that additional pack. It's kind of weird because the timer disappears, but you still get the whelps.

Quote Originally Posted by obliquee View Post
    think u got 3 breaths in p3 after the buff falls? or if its 4. use AM+treeform - raidwall+tranq - barrier + 1x divine, then pray. if u get 4, move tranq to last & let the shadow divine instead @scnd. doable.
    Does 'raidwall' refer particularly to Divine Guardian?