The DPS class/spec for 4.2 PvE?

I KNOW THERE'S MANY SIMILAR THREADS LIKE THIS ... but ...

So I decided to level a DPS class for patch 4.2 since i have A LOT of off time - exams over and stuff - but I don't really know what class to choose.
    My criteria are that it should be both a high DPS'er (know it's about the skills/gear, but lets say i got both!) and the enjoyment of playing the class.
    So far in considered elemental-shaman or a hunter.

So what are your opinions on highest DPS and funniest PvE-class in 4.2 and why?

(know it's about the skills/gear, but lets say i got both)

Lets not consider you have both. I personally have no idea what will be the best and funniest class to play. So I wont make your decision for you. If you have narrowed it down yourself to Eleshaman and Hunter, Ive heard from friends both saying they are good and fun to play.

Every person has their likes and dislikes, and reason I dont wanna say a specific class, is cause I do not know any of your personal like/dislikes..

My suggestion would be do Heads vs Tails, since you have 2 classes considered and go with what the coin shows

Heads vs Tails is always good for high priority decisions ...
    I'll go with that so far!

I just hope you dont feel offended by me not wanting to specify a class to choose I just dont like making decisions for other people, and that they end up having a poor time cause they should have gone for the other choice is all

Sticking with my paladin. Don't really care about high numbers and making a whole new toon over it.

Deleted
    Huntarr. No-one can ask you to heal.

Deleted
    Elemental shaman DPS is pretty weak, if that's a big part of your decision go with hunter (who are extremely strong).