Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i believe there is no after life, i also believe that most of the people that say they do believe are actually more hopefull than expectant, religion has evolved to a point now where most people dont believe the bible word for word but enjoy the idea of being rewarded for good behaviour and would like to think that this life isnt all there is, i would love to have this view but unfortuantly logic says that this just isnt the case, this life is all there is might as well enjoy it while we are here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiglits or w/e his nickname is, the first records of Jesus' life were written some 50 years after his alleged execution and throughout history they have been rewritten. Different versions of some events and sometimes the introduction of new things. They even tend to contradict each other.

So far, there haven't been found any material evidence of Jesus' life.

Deleted
    No I don't. And don't get me started with near death experiences. More or less just your brain messing with you.

http://derstandard.at/1304553494392/...rbeitet-weiter (Pretty nice article on this topic. German only!)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    If the original authors were unknown, then the writing isn't worth spit.
    Then I'll give you that and fold right there because I don't have anything else to come back against that with except a "thank you" because you've given me even more reason to continue researching it. I promise I'll do better at presenting the case next time(;

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't even his name, though.
    I know, but the point is, is that the man behind the name(s) did exist. Also that is one of my reasons why I am against religion, so many damn lies and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewbusha View Post
    i still dont understand - religious threads are banned on mmo-champion, no???
    Just as political propaganda of yours, no?

TO ALL
    PLESE, DON'T ACT LIKE BELIEVEING IN HIGHER POWER EQUALS SOMETHING FROM BIBLE OR OTHER TEXTS OF ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS. THERE'S MUCH MORE TO IT. Thanks.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-06-26 at 09:04 PM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You're definitely at a disadvantage if you don't realize the truth of things. But I can say or not say whatever I want, and nobody is going to believe in God, or not believe, because of it.
    But again, you're talking about this truth with no actual backup whatsoever. Are you sure you have an IQ of 140?

No one is going to believe you, not because we're at a disadvantage, but because you keep telling us the same empty bullcrap.

And when "believers" start thinking they are better then non-believers, it kinda get's important to defend ourselves. To be honest I don't really get people who say everyone should just believe what the fuck they want, and no one else should care, because if it has impact on my society, it's a problem. And I care.

This whole thread is kinda funny imo.

Ill start with saying that the "non-believers" if people with religious views wanna have them then so be it. People with religious views if you guys wanna believe there is a higher power then that is your own decision.

The one thing that makes me hate any sort of organized religion is well the worshiping. People pray and pray and hope that there prayers are answered only to find that nothing happens.

IMO i see religion as bashing my face against the window hopping that it will do something other then hurt me.
    I can connect religion to that of bashing ones face because those who warship expect some kinda of afterlife only to find out there body will sit in a hole in the ground and rote.\

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Threads like these are forbidden because they are pointless. No one is going to change their mind about something because of a thread on an internet forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being rational I am sure there is nothing after death. It just is highly unlikely, it's something humans or any other intelligent creature (and we are the only one on earth) want to believe so they don't have to be so afraid of death.

It's also the reason why religions were so successful, they manipulate people by using their worst fear. Luckily there is a decline nowadays in people who are religious, it always boggles me why people actually go on war and discriminate people purely because of a fuzzy story someone once wrote for fun. (The bible and such)

As usual I have to clarify myself on these forums, as people will claim I am a racist otherwise. So, no I am definitely not here trying to judge religious people, if you feel comfortable and it helps you in desperate times please feel free to believe. My intend is not to start some flame war about religion in this thread, so please don't..

Edit: Hadn't read the last pages, and I guess the flame war about religion already had started.. >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Hm..a blind person says that colors don't exists. A deaf says that there're no sounds. In your case it's quite similar. But in contradistinction to a blind person, you can learn to perceive the world with more than the traditional senses. And after that it woudn't be a belief for you no more, but just another sensation, like hearing or seeing.
    No, a retarded deaf or blind person would say that.

I can prove and explain the color's existence without directly seeing it because it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in possibility. That's about it. There may or may not be a higher power, but to find out is a 'wait and see' kind of situation.

As for religions, I don't like them. A lot of them are extremely close-minded, and if you question their ways you are demonized. I find that if I live by the golden rule 'do unto others as you would have done unto you' I most likely won't be breaking any commandments or something similar, and I'll get by just fine.

I consider myself agnostic.

Taken from the wiki:
    Agnosticism is not a creed but a method, the essence of which lies in the vigorous application of a single principle... Positively the principle may be expressed as in matters of intellect, do not pretend conclusions are certain that are not demonstrated or demonstrable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Then I'll give you that and fold right there because I don't have anything else to come back against that with except a "thank you" because you've given me even more reason to continue researching it. I promise I'll do better at presenting the case next time(;
    Don't be discouraged, I've yet to see Atrea be anything but magnificent with his 1863 posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I know, but the point is, is that the man behind the name(s) did exist. Also that is one of my reasons why I am against religion, so many damn lies and crap.
    Whether or not that name corresponds to any story written about Christ is the issue, though.

It's like saying there once existed a man named Bruce. If that's ALL you can prove about him, then that's not saying very much, is there?
    Last edited by Atrea; 2011-06-26 at 09:09 PM.

It's like saying there once existed a man named Bruce.
    But he had wings and could turn in to a talking elephant, believe me !!! It says so on a piece of paper !

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    They had to make religions to keep people in line to do good. Just like when parents tell their kids stories so they dont do certain things. If you do this or this then you go to hell, be a good person and go to heaven. It is amazing seeing people believe in a book that has been changed over and over through thousands of years yet if you try to pass along a saying from one end of a classroom to the other 95% of the time its not right when it gets there.

Not all religions are the same, take Islam for example, 1400 years and it has never been changed, not a word, letter or a full stop.

With all do respect to all other religions, mostly to the Abrahamic religions (Christianity and judisim), they may have had thier books changed, but there will be some truth in it, some of which is again mentioned in the Quran.

You may choose not to be a believer, to us the result of once you die will be the same whether you do or don't and those who didn't try and really search for answers would wish that death was the end.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    But he had wings and could turn in to a talking elephant, believe me !!! It says so on a piece of paper !
    And we know the piece of paper is true, because it says so right on the piece of paper!

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The problem with people like you is that you back off an argument because you see that you can't win it, and then you're back in the next thread arguing about the same thing.
    Someone asks for proof, I give it, the person ignores my post and continues arguing. Every time.
    I'm not trying to win anything. Don't believe in God then.