Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Last Ditch Effort on Sinestra

Hi Guys,

Well, despite over 100 attempts, we still haven't been able to get Sinestra down in 10 man mode. We are using the 3 healer strat, but people keep dieing to stupid crap it seems. I was hoping you guys might be able to look at our WoL report from our last raid night and give us any pointers you could.

Maybe our DPS is too low? Not enough healer output?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bd2lxd92jfafdxh2/

Thanks for your help.

Sacrelicious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    but people keep dieing to stupid crap it seems.
    I'm not a top-end raider by any means but I'd assume this would be a major problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Hi Guys,
    We are using the 3 healer strat, but people keep dieing to stupid crap it seems.
    There's your problem right there?

Your dps also seems a bit low. Looking at my guilds 10m kill logs, most of our dps were doing 30-40k dps. We used a 2 healer strat though (with myself being one of them). My guild tried to use a 3 healer strat as well, but we found that our dps just wasn't cutting it.

The only other thing I noticed was your druid loved casting regrowth in p3, though I couldn't tell if he was in tree for all that or not.. HT is way more effective when you have the haste buff :E

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you handle dispels for wrack now that you can't have a shadowpriest or ret pally dispel?

Our guild killed Sinestra using 3 healers on 10 man. We had a Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, and Disc Priest. The Disc Priest and Resto shaman would handle dispels together on skype to avoid cluttering up vent. I believe they were dispelling wracks before orbs/flame breaths came out, to make sure nobody was kiting an orb away from the group with a high stack of wrack and unable to get heals.

Looking at your longest attempt (attempt 2, 5:34) your first death was to a flame breath + cutter tick, so really getting hit by the cutter is what killed him. If one of your DPS or healers dies early on in p3, don't bother trying to salvage the attempt as they res without essence of the red. You should save Bloodlust for phase 3, and should be able to push p1 with 3 flame breaths and 2 sets of whelps if your dps push hard enough. Use raid CD's to mitigate flame breaths, and call out if/when raiders need to use personal defensive CD's.

Deleted
    Never played Sinestra but i wanna say GL

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't kill her with DPS that low.

3 Healer Strat with that low dps won't work, even with 2 healers that dps won't be enough.

Your mage should do at least 30k dps, hunter as well as Sp should pull far more dps.

If you are able replace at least one melee dps with a ranged one, Melee dps sucks at Sinestra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinestra log of a friend of mine and his 10man guild.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2473&e=2905

Might be of help, who knows.

the dps is way too low, also i know 10man guilds run a pretty tight rooster, but i think you should consider demolock/ele shaman - that 10% sp kicks in from start to finish.

from what i can see you also have people taking lots of slicers damage - sinestra is far from forgiving regarding that.

dont consider it "last ditch" - the heroic content wont be nerfed for at least a month and you will still have people needing the trinket.

Seeing as how your best attempt (5:34) is approximately 2 minutes into the buff, I would say it's too early to conclude you lack dps. Our kill was 8:02, and after the buff fell off, we survived for about 1:40 until Sinestra died (first 40 seconds with heroism). That is, it's totally possible to survive for quite a while without any sort of haste buff, with 3 good healers.

Basically, what are you guys dying to? DPS being bad? Healers not healing enough/the right peopl? Healers not dispelling correctly (probably not the case if you are able to survive 2 minutes into the buff)? Again, looking at your best attempt, the rogue died from tanking an orb, so he needs to not do that. The DK died from normal damage/melee, so healers need to pick it up -- the person who said your druid should be casting Healing Touch instead of Regrowth during the haste buff is 100% correct, and that might solve some issues there.

Sinestra is an incredibly unforgiving fight from start to finish. There can be no deaths during p3, and no real mistakes otherwise. Any unnecessary cutter damage is putting extra strain on your healers, and could be potentially fatal in the third phase. The amount of the fight left after the buff wears off is what really counts. My guild killed it with 3 healers, but our raid dps is quite high. If your dps aren't putting out the numbers they should be, there's a very real chance you won't be able to kill her.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    Your dps is fine. Don't listen to others that compare numbers with kills (since those have the full 3 min buff).

It's important not to make mistakes though. Once you get beyond that Sinestra is quite easy aside from the last minute of the fight where you don't have the buff.

We do it like this:
    Pala+druid heal p1 with dpriest nuking plus assist shielding. Druid dispels 1st wrack, paladin+druid dispel 2nd and 3rd wracks, we divide the groups into a priority system so they always know what their targets are if multiple people have wrack.
    P2 we aoe down the whelps, the paladin handles the 2nd wrack while the druid handles the tanks and the dpriest aoe's the 3rd pack of whelps. 2x dps on each egg is enough for us, while our rogue handles the small add interrupting and big add is handled by the tank with no debuff stacks. Once the eggs are dead the whelps will be dead and the adds are killed off and at about the same time p3 starts, the add tank starts off tanking sinestra since he has 99 stacks.
    P3 you repeat p1, once you have 10 adds you drag them to the side and kill them (pop a tank cd for any flame breath with 10 adds up). Once the adds are dead u swap tanks and repeat. Once the buff runs out u pop heroism and hope for the best. You pop a raidwide cd whenever u see flame breath + 4 wrack is out (AM+DG+RC etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    3 Healer Strat with that low dps won't work, even with 2 healers that dps won't be enough.

Your mage should do at least 30k dps, hunter as well as Sp should pull far more dps.

If you are able replace at least one melee dps with a ranged one, Melee dps sucks at Sinestra.
    You, and several others only take the phase one and two dps in account, as they do not have any real low attempts in those logs. When phase three kicks in properly, their dps should increase to the 30k you see on kill logs.

@OP: Your dps is enough, but you can and should do more. However you cannot take that much avoidable damage, it will always kill you.

I don't wanna say cheese it but if you are doing 3 healers you can

Have the priest spam mass dispel all of phase 3. No damage will be taken other then flame breath. Guild on my server did it that way.