Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Let healers heal. I play with my druid and I had this situation many times, if the tank or others party members don`t wait for my healing and go fight with half hp.
    I had a full blown argument in grim batol once because the blood elf (<.<) pally couldnt see that it would be faster if he ate rather than making me have two mana breaks using inefficient heals to get him to full hp (mostly 333 gear at the time). Also, I'd like to point out the "healers should heal" argument is pointless, and it increases on our expenses as well as increasing mana useage and time needed to gain mana back.
    Last edited by mini98; 2011-06-28 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your at 0% HP and no one waits for you...that's on them haha

You piss off the healer, you might as well drop group cause your not gonna have fun in that dungeon. I don't normally mind healing people between pulls but i remember first hitting 85 and the mana issues that came with it.

I would have asked them to eat, if they said no let them run in with half health and die. They'll either drop group or you'll get kicked but is it really worth the hassle dealing with noobs like that?

I do the same thing with boss mechanics, i'll ask if they no what to do (Normally they say yes when they don't /facepalm) they die an more times the not they drop group.

Sadly I am one of those healers who rather carry whole the group, ress if they are not running and heal if they are not eating, and when DPS pulls the aggro out of the tank I heal him as well.

I would love to be a jerk like everyone else and let DPSers die, really, but I simply can't . But I guess my frustration will be over when I finally switch my 3 healers to dps. No point playing a slave for DPSers.

Deleted
    You want them to eat?
    lawl... l2p. And yes, I play 3 healers. Especially as a druid its ridiculous easy to bring the group up in a mana efficient way. Let lifebloom tick on the tank and use wg, a reju + sm on the group and you are done.
    Also with lower gear I never mentioned anybody should heal himself between pulls. Btw: who cares if a dps is at 70% hp on pull? Just put cheap things on them if there is time, any healing class has such things. For my other healing classes: holy shock / wog / holy light / holy radiance (for whole group) and my shaman: riptide (such a nice thing!), unleash elements, chainheal, healing wave (, cleave heal with crits).

Just do your job so nobody has a reason to blame s.b., everybody is happy if the whole group does so.

if im a healer in 5m dungeons as resto Durid i wont let anyone die , some tanks like to rush to mobs, use ur hot to heal them. They won't be half hp and i nearly won't be out of mana.
    but if my toon in a low ilevel, ok , i'll let u die without heal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalladar View Post
    Maybe they just think your that good
    Because healing people that can't be arsed to eat themselves is considered skill and should be baseline for any healer.

Riiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Enurian
    Just do your job so nobody has a reason to blame s.b., everybody is happy if the whole group does so.
    So when a healer drops to get some mana back they should spend that newly gained mana to heal up the slackers, drink again, and then continue the run?

Logic.

Deleted
    Too much hassle, I just heal them anyways as Wild Growth simply won't ignore them .

10+ Year Old Account
    When Cata was new, I used to rage endlessly about this very topic.

Mana was extremely scarce. Dungeons were a lot harder than they're now. Shamans were a hell of a lot weaker than they're now. It was so bad that people actually requested paladin healers for their first few heroics because "paladins don't need to drink so often."

So when I got to heal a heroic dungeon, I was feeling bad already when I had to sit down after those messy "CCing is overrated" chaos pulls - and CC was a blessing back then. Only that people largely refused to use it. You didn't queue randomly. You went with guildies. And they refused to CC for a very long time as they were still living in WotLK where you could pull entire instances and healers' mana bars were glued to being full.

So there were chaos pulls galore. And I was struggling with those slow heals that didn't heal for a lot. Greater Healing Wave was a joke too before it got buffed. Somehow the mobs died without anybody dying but everybody sitting at low hp. And with me being totally OOM. So I filled up my mana. Gulpgulpgulp. And I healed people back to full hp. Then I felt bad again because I had to drink for ANOTHER time. I was EXTREMELY unhappy. I had no fun at all. I was feeling like I was holding people back. Drink-heal-drink-pull. Drink-heal-drink-pull. All the time. When all they wanted was to go ahead and pull the next pack.

I swear to god, I had 10 stacks of water and 10 stacks of food on me at all times. And eventually, I just traded the dps that food so that we wouldn't be spending twice the time regenerating between pulls. It took them such a long time to realise that I wasn't trying to bully them or something but that I just didn't want to slow the run down even more. Because, after all, it was my fault that we were taking so long. It was I who needed some 20 seconds after almost every trashpack to get enough mana back to ensure that the next pack wouldn't annihilate us due to healer being OOM.

People learned eventually. They have healer alts who needed to gear up. They went through the same stuff they put their raid healers through at the start of Cata. They too got squishy tanks to heal. They too got dps standing in fire. They too got CC-lazy groups.

It was very noticeable that, as soon as people were starting to heal on their alts too, they were starting to play in a more considerate manner when they were dpsing or tanking. It was great to no longer be subject to chaos-noCC-pulls. It was great to no longer have to drink after every trashpack simply because one of the mobs was CCed and the others properly focused down. It was great to no longer feel like a burden to the rest of the group. And people were actually eating and drinking on their own when I needed to drink.

It made me happy to see that they were doing their jobs as I was doing mine. Running dungeons is a group effort, after all. That means that as a tank or dps you can't just stand there when your healer is OOM and needs to drink and flame them for needing to drink at all. You can't just stand there and pester your healer about healing you to full hp so you can continue pulling when your healer is sitting there and refilling their mana. And the best part: You can't just charge into the next trashpack after your healer healed you to full hp - because your healer will be OOM again at that point!

I did calculations back then about how many heals I have to cast to heal a tank and 3 dps to full when they're all at 10% hp. I was simply oom. Simple math. The heals of healers who still need to run heroics for gear don't hit that hard. Their mana isn't too good. And it gets harder for them because CC is entirely outdated now even though some dps still do less damage than they could do if they made at least a half-hearted effort. All those things add up to turn a healer into a vindictive ass that'll say "I'm not doing my job if you won't do yours." The job of a tank and dps is far more complex than just to tank or to dps. Stay out of bad stuff, make healing you possible in the first place, do everything you can to make the run smooth, do everything you can to make the run fast. Saving several seconds inbetween pulls because you graciously used a bandage on yourself or ate an apple is contributing to the entire group's efficiency. The person who is playing your healer will sigh a lot less if you're supportive. And if you're not, who can blame them for going all "I'm not healing stuff that you can heal yourself."

Now I'm outgearing it all by far. Loads of people are outgearing it. Instances were nerfed hard too. Of course I have no more problems healing stupid through voidzones et al.

BUT! There are new healers out there who just barely make the required itemlevel. There are tanks out there who need a lot of attention from their healers. There are dps out there who simply don't pay much attention to what's happening. And if they get a healer who is still in the process of 'getting into it all', learning their keybinds, etc. it can be really bothersome for that poor little healer to have to drinkdrinkdrink. All the time. While everybody is tapping their feet, telling them to hurry and to heal them up to full before the next pull - and to effing L2P because it can't be that a healer could possibly go OOM unless they're absolute scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I don't even carry food on any of my toons, that's what healers are for
    This but then again, Deathstrike, WoG, Insight, Victory Rush, Spiritbond, Soul Harvest. All the characters I play have some kind of a self heal mechanic I use to top myself off.

I almost allways use gift of the naaru on cd.

Deleted
    I love fail groups that pull aggro off the tank and pull when I'm at low mana it makes for a challenge. Of course depending on the situation I might get annoyed.

By the time combat is finished everyone should be at 100% otherwise I feel as a healer that I have failed.
    If I don't feel like healing more than I need to and want to just kill the pack and move on, or I have low mana, I will let the problem dps just die and it will make the pull go that much faster and easier. The problem dps could be the highest dps in the instance but if it's pulling aggro from the tank regularly, and generally just making it MUCH harder than it needs to be, I will prioritise whatever I need to to make the fight go as it should.

The healer has the most control over the group. As a healer I can make a fight go exactly as I want it (unless the fight is going perfectly in which case the healer doesn't really have any control and can only do his job).
    There are very few times I find in Cataclysm that a wipe is actually a healers fault.

ive even seen a mage refusing to give a healer mage food in a 5 man HC

10+ Year Old Account
    I just heal them up, although I do remember having to drink then heal everyone then drink again before we could pull when cata first launched, but then again, healing seems to be the most intense job when you're undergeared but the easiest job when your overgeared.

I play all 4 healing classes and waht annoys me the most is on the shaman. After a bad pull everyone is low on health and I'm virtually oom. Drop healing rain on the group(most people bunch up to loot) while i drink up only to see everyone running off out of the rain. Though healing rain does generally get frustrating. You do your best to get as many people in at as posible but it is just inches short of one dps who cant even make the two steps required to get in it.

Slightly wondered off topic there sorry...if a healer is drinking everyone else should be eating if they need it. It is only going to speed things up.

Also seeing as got brought up before...after wipes. Everyone should be running back. Apart from it being lazy not releasing it's quicker to run back with everyone else, by the time you get back you are going to be back at nearly full health and mana and already buffed as opposed to having to get back rez and heal people and then most likely have to wait on mana.

While it's not often i purposly let people die while healing the inconciderate quickly drop in prioity so when things get rough odds are you are the one being sacrifced to keep the rest up.

As a mage I don't even make food tables anymore. It's just a waste of time and reagents because hardly anyone uses the food.
    It's even a hassle just trying to get people to assist in summoning the table. What usually happens is that the healer notices and clicks the portal while everyone else runs of and dies.
    So now I just trade with the healer at the start of the instance and give him/her a few stacks. And if anyone else wants food I'll give it to them if they just ask for it.

I have the same problem on my druid =\ people expect me to have unlimited mana and to heal through their stupidity. If you stand in shit and expect me to carry you through my healing, think again buddy =]

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't bother me much because my only 85 healer so far is a Druid, and as such placing an Efflorescence and Wild Growth on the group while I drink usually covers it. People refusing to release and awaiting a ress after a wipe? That pisses me off. It's ok if you wait for the ress while there's someone still alive who can ress you after the mobs die. But after a wipe? You'll either run like everyone else or you'll be splat on the floor until you either get kicked, leave, or kick me. Or you know, someone else actually resses you. There are exceptions of course. Pure laziness isn't one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know how long it takes for a tank to get to full health by eating food?
    OP should stop whining imo.
    Hot your party, then eat, when you're done eating your party is @ full health

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakama View Post
    So when a healer drops to get some mana back they should spend that newly gained mana to heal up the slackers, drink again, and then continue the run?

Logic.
    Thats what i was trying to point out. Learn to heal efficiently. With my Shaman and my Paladin i healed heroics two hours after they hit 85. And I never never never bought something to drink, the food that dropped from mobs covered my needs totally. Sure, with a mage in my group I picked some stacks and used it more often, but its definitely possible to drink only very few times in a heroic, even without having raid-gear.
    Everytime I see a Paladin spamming flash of light to "bring the group up between pulls" I have to vomit.

I allways eat whenever there is a "break" for more than 1-2 seconds where i do nothing. (yes I'm a mage with allways a stack of food). But to answer your question, keep in mind there have been months since i pugged randoms etc. So im used to chain pulling and only a 10 sec mana break before a boss =P. But we usually have ppl popping innervate or shammys popping healing raid and stuff down to make life easier.

But from my PoV, our tank can run in with 60% hp without probs etc =P so i donno =P faster reaction and more teamwork from your players ?.

Also, if there shuld be any occations where healer needs mana or we have to wait etc, it only takes 2 sec to write it to them or speak over mumble/vent.

This probably didnt help you at all xD but yea ^^

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!