ilvl 354 and doing 8-9k dps.

Ola.

Here is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rywalls/simple . Im a boomkin. Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by PhantomDeathGoD; 2011-06-30 at 08:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Enchant your gear, max out profs and look up some guides maybe?

I don't know alot about druids but for the ones who actually know it would be helpful to know your rotation

I don't even socket my gear let alone enchant it, and I pull 16k atleast as a ret paladin.
    Just read up some guides, maybe download an rotation addon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    I don't even socket my gear let alone enchant it, and I pull 16k atleast as a ret paladin.
    Just read up some guides, maybe download an rotation addon?
    Clcret <3

OnT: Look up a guide indeed. There is most likely something wrong with your rotation. Professions, gems and enchants shouldn't be the difference between 8-9k and 15-16k

WHat add-ons can i dl and whats the best rotaion for boomkins atm. I found meny diffrent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomDeathGoD View Post
    WHat add-ons can i dl and whats the best rotaion for boomkins atm. I found meny diffrent ones.
    Try out this one.

......i don't know why u equip a cloak for cats....
    and u need more haste and spirit , u'd better make ur hit above 17%.
    if ur hit is 17% int>haste>mastery>crit.

Deleted
    OffT: I tried using the DK version of CLC and put out 8-10k dps, then I switched to Ovale and my dps is now 14-16k with the same gear, dont know if the same is true for CLCret version though. OnT: Cloak with agi ?? with 4.2 here try to get 2 t11 pieces for the extra crit. and as others have said read up on rotation (ovale) and get enchanted, after a few dungeons you should do better. Seems like your hit % is getting close now. Cant really say much more without knowing your rotation.

Deleted
    First, your ilvl is not 354. It is 351 equipped. That is all that counts. When you are not wearing it you are not benefiting from it.

If you don't raid and only do heroics, I would say lose the hit and reforge into more haste and mastery. You dont need 17% when you do no raiding at all. If you ignore spirit you will get mana problems, but when not raiding it will not be an issue since all regular bosses die fast enough so I'd say ignore spirit.

The cape is bad.

As for rotation, I am also new to this after latest patch. I was sunfire spammer (ilvl 358) before patch and was doing 15-22k average dps (depending how aoe heavy the fights were). Now I'm learning new rotation and have only tried Lost City of Tol Vir so far. Did about 15k dps there while making lots and lots of mistakes.

So I would go like this:

1. Starsurge whenever off cooldown
    2. Apply dots
    3. Wrath or starfire (depending on eclipse state)
    4. Shooting stars whenever it procs (or hold it just a little when getting close to lunar eclipse)
    5. Starfall whenever off cooldown (or hold it just a little when getting close to lunar eclipse) and when surroundings permit that (been hearing of some bugs with it pulling half an instance and such)
    6. When in solar eclipse and there are many mobs, be sure to use mushrooms and apply as many dots as you can after detonating and planting new shrooms.
    7. When in solar eclipse and there is only one or two targets, sunfire spam is good until eclipse lasts (be sure to be constantly moving and be talented into lunar shower).

I am not entirely sure this is the best or correct way, I am also learning.

Quote Originally Posted by tmt View Post
    First, your ilvl is not 354. It is 351 equipped. That is all that counts. When you are not wearing it you are not benefiting from it.

If you don't raid and only do heroics, I would say lose the hit and reforge into more haste and mastery. You dont need 17% when you do no raiding at all. If you ignore spirit you will get mana problems, but when not raiding it will not be an issue since all regular bosses die fast enough so I'd say ignore spirit.

The cape is bad.

As for rotation, I am also new to this after latest patch. I was sunfire spammer (ilvl 358) before patch and was doing 15-22k average dps (depending how aoe heavy the fights were). Now I'm learning new rotation and have only tried Lost City of Tol Vir so far. Did about 15k dps there while making lots and lots of mistakes.

So I would go like this:

1. Starsurge whenever off cooldown
    2. Apply dots
    3. Wrath or starfire (depending on eclipse state)
    4. Shooting stars whenever it procs (or hold it just a little when getting close to lunar eclipse)
    5. Starfall whenever off cooldown (or hold it just a little when getting close to lunar eclipse) and when surroundings permit that (been hearing of some bugs with it pulling half an instance and such)
    6. When in solar eclipse and there are many mobs, be sure to use mushrooms and apply as many dots as you can after detonating and planting new shrooms.
    7. When in solar eclipse and there is only one or two targets, sunfire spam is good until eclipse lasts (be sure to be constantly moving and be talented into lunar shower).

I am not entirely sure this is the best or correct way, I am also learning.
    Ill take it easy because you've said "I am also learning".

1) Never tell someone not to go for the hit cap, its a huge waste of dps if you arn't at the cap.
    2) Spirit = hit. Also, spirit does not increase your in-combat regen. This means that even if you have a million spirit you wont be regenning mana in combat. Only healers have a "retain 50% out of combat mana regen while in combat" (more for priests, blah blah, etc ,etc). Your point about not needing spirit for mana regen is completely wrong.
    3) Your rotation is more or less correct. Ignore the t12 bonus for now due to it being pretty shit after 4.2.
    4) Do not talent into lunar shower, all you are doing is stuffing your rotation up by reducing the amount of buffed wrath/starfire you can cast which does an insane amount of damage. Dot everything up like normal, dont sunfire spam if you can help it. There isnt much movement in 4.2 fights for a moonkin and even if you have to move 50% of the time there are very little dps enrage timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    1) Never tell someone not to go for the hit cap, its a huge waste of dps if you arn't at the cap.
    You don't need 17% hit for heroic dungeons, thus hit/spirit is pretty much useless, for 5-mans, once you've reached 6% hit.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Ill take it easy because you've said "I am also learning".

2) Spirit = hit. Also, spirit does not increase your in-combat regen. This means that even if you have a million spirit you wont be regenning mana in combat. Only healers have a "retain 50% out of combat mana regen while in combat" (more for priests, blah blah, etc ,etc). Your point about not needing spirit for mana regen is completely wrong.
    3) Your rotation is more or less correct. Ignore the t12 bonus for now due to it being pretty shit after 4.2.
    4) Do not talent into lunar shower, all you are doing is stuffing your rotation up by reducing the amount of buffed wrath/starfire you can cast which does an insane amount of damage. Dot everything up like normal, dont sunfire spam if you can help it. There isnt much movement in 4.2 fights for a moonkin and even if you have to move 50% of the time there are very little dps enrage timers.
    1. I know hit cap is very important, but I was thinking that hit cap is 17% only for raid bosses. For Za/Zg and such heroics I thought it was lower. (6% as mmff4 stated). Was it like that before and now changed?
    2. When all bosses are boss level and require 17% hit cap, I agree.
    4. Thanks for pointers.
    Last edited by mmocfd7bf7069a; 2011-06-30 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt View Post
    1. I know hit cap is very important, but I was thinking that hit cap is 17% only for raid bosses. For Za/Zg and such heroics I thought it was lower. (6% as mmff4 stated). Was it like that before and now changed?
    2. When all bosses are boss level and require 17% hit cap, I agree.
    4. Thanks for pointers.
    No you're right about the hit cap thing. You only need 6% for Heroics.

Quick notes -

Have people have already said, if you dont intend to raid, you can drop a load of hit/spirit. Besides that, you have made a few odd choices regarding reforging. For example, on one item you have reforged hit to spirit. They have a 1 to 1 conversion for you, so you wont see any difference. Other than that, if you decide to go for the lower, heroic hit cap, reforge hit/spirit to haste, then mastery, then crit (crit may be the least valuable stat for you, but its better than excess spirit hit). Always follow that with stats - haste>mastery>crit>spirit/hit (as long as you are above whichever hit cap you are going for) - and reforge the lowest on the list to the highest you can, keeping the hit cap in mind.

As far as gemming/enchanting ALWAYS go with int/spellpower where possible. Gem pure int unless the socket bonus is worth it (which means a decent amount of int or haste). If you are below the hit cap, try and reach it by reforging or swapping out for other pieces of the same/higher ilevel with spirit/hit rather than missing out on more int. You cant reforge to int, so you have to try and max your int through gemming/enchanting. Int is your most valuable stat, more than hit is even below the hit cap.

Enchant your gear, and get a patch for your legs. Remember there is a int/spirit leg patch one so you can move more hit/spirit off your other gear if needed. Make sure you get your weapon enchanted too. Ideally power torrent, but if that's too expensive, hurricane. Or if you're really cheap, avalanche.

Level some professions as well, each one gives you a bonus, some more useful than others. Herbalism had a haste cd (I think it still does?) and is easy level, and you could pair it with inscription for some nice shoulder enchants. Thats not necessarily the best, just a suggestion, and you should look at the bonuses see which ones you think would be best. JC is probably the most flexible out of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account
    have a look at http://www.themoonkinrepository.com a lot of things you need to know about moonkins is covered there.

Hehe, i didn't really say you needed 17%, only that you shouldn't ignore the hit cap. But this thread is de-railing. Follow more or less what Russykh said and you should be okay. Go search for other moonkins like Lappe and Calculated/Arythorn and find their blogs, if you want to raid heroics that is :P

gl