Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicmane View Post
    cant really protect them go taunt another player and see how it works
    So CC, death grip, stuns, silence, slow and snare effects don't work, too?

There's really no way to make a game the way you want without having collision detection and having people physically block DPS from getting to healers.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Talking about peeling, yeah. But it shouldn't be peel or they die. That's why it is the way it is. If you DON'T peel the tradeoff is that the healer can't do anything except keep himself alive, no DPS (which is still key for good healers) and no healing others (which is why target switching pressure is also good).

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    to a degree i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Healers should be squishy targets that need to be protected and not invincible pillars of immunity.
    Yeah if this was the case every healer would get rofl stomped in pvp and it would be zero fun to heal so nobody would do it... People don't cover anyone but themselves and its hard enough just to get people to actulley work towards objectives and not just randomly kill shit in BG's...

Also if they did what you are proposing healers would go out the window in arena and never be used on serious teams, a healer walking into a 3 or 5's would die instantly and no ammount of cover / CC could save them.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Interrupt. Healer falls over dead in 1.5 seconds. Makes sense, right?
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    healers are intentionally designed to be able to survive about 2~ dps on them because if they couldn't, then what would be the point of having one in pvp
    For them to not get focused down by staying in the back where they're protected? The problem is generally WoW's lack of positioning besides close/not close. Can't block paths, etc, so you can't get too realistic unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most dps can selfheal AND do damage, were as most healers can't dps or they oom.

Deleted
    This reminds of the other day in WSG. I play a holy Paladin in mix of bloodthirsty/vicious, I managed to kite an arms Warrior and a frost DK from the alliance tunnel to the horde flag room, it took a lot of maneuvering on my part but apparently these 2 had never seen fake casting before and missed every single interrupt, it was beyond a joke. What I found even stranger was that everyone just left us to it and carried on with the BG, we inevitably won with 2 of their dps out of action for such a long time. I've played a healer for 2 weeks and you'll find a lot of people are simply terrible at landing anything on you. I love running the show in battlegrounds.