Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need a Good Reason to Unmerge Battle.net Account

So I have 2 wow accounts on my battle.net account from way back when we had to merge them together. I have an active one that I use and an inactive one that is all the way up to WotLK that I don't use and it doesn't even have any toons on it anymore. So I would love to give this inactive account to my little brother to play, but I can't call up billing and say "yo unmerge my accounts so my brother can have it to play." Any have any luck unmerging accounts? Any creative ideas out there I can tell them to unmerge my accounts?

Edit1: I should mention that I wholly own both accounts, and it was back in day when I was like 2 computer screens, keyclone, and "hell yeah dual box ownage time" then a few weeks later 2 subs, 2 times as much attention needed and "lol fuck this noise."
    Last edited by soco0987; 2011-06-30 at 08:11 AM.

Can't you pick which account you log into? I had two brothers that shared a Battle.net account but had different WoW accounts, including different passwords (I think)

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the guy said above me, I thought you could pick which one...I could be mistaken though

If you can get a parent to talk to Blizzard they will do it. This is what happened to me....My 11 year old son shares my wow accounts. He wanted to get Starcraft when it came out, so I got it for him and added it to my battle.net account. However, when he was playing SC at the same time I was playing WoW, for some reason half my REAL ID conversation replies would go to him instead of me. I explained to Customer Service that it wasn't my ideal situation to have my conversations with adults going to my 11 year old son. They took the SC game off the account, and problem solved. Good luck.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    different accounts can be logged in at the same time, even if they are linked on a battle.net account, only issue would be that the same authenticator would be needed for both log-ins, as it's attached to the battlenet account, not the individual wow account. As for your excuse, you could claim that your child plays on the other account and needs to be able to log in without access to your authenticator. You will need to set up a separate battlenet account for him, and you'll need to go through Blizzard to make this happen. I can say though that this is a valid 'excuse' as I have done the same thing for my son and it worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by soco0987 View Post
    Any creative ideas out there I can tell them to unmerge my accounts?
    Tell them that you were conjoined twins, but you recently got surgically separated, so now require separate accounts.

Deleted
    should be able to do it without a good reason, they let me do it a few times now, jsut sent an email saying can you move this account to a different email address please.

You're asking us to help you break the ToS. Eat shit and die. Have a nice day ^_^.

I have 2 accounts on the same battle net account. I can log them both at the same time no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by soco0987 View Post
    So I would love to give this inactive account to my little brother to play, but I can't call up billing and say "yo unmerge my accounts so my brother can have it to play
    Which is against the rules.. account sharing is not allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Tell them that you were conjoined twins, but you recently got surgically separated, so now require separate accounts.
    Flawless victory.

made my day

Deleted
    Oh lord, you win a thousand internets today

Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    Which is against the rules.. account sharing is not allowed...
    So instead of using an already created account, with expansions .... You go out and spend another 60 quid. Yeah, that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the recent reduction in price to the expansions, and the RAF bonuses, it's probably going to be way more beneficial to both of you to just RAF a new account. Additionally, if you're a veteran player, you probably just got your free copy of classic WoW with 30 days of game-time that you can give to your brother too. Between that and the cheap expansions, you're barely spending any money at all, and you get to save yourself time on the phone with CS, avoid ToA sketchiness, get a snazzy rocket mount and you both have speedy leveling until 80.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

/thread. Mammoth wins 1,000 Internets.

OT: I submitted an email to have accounts I no longer wished to play taken off my Battle.Net and they did so, no questions asked; I just tried to log into one of them and it asked me to merge it to an email. I'm sure that you could do the same sort of thing.

But Tziva raises a good point, Recruit-a-Friend lasts until level 80 now, and if you've been playing for a while you should be able to gift a copy of the original game to your little brother. Since TBC is now included and you can buy the other two expansions for $20 each (Cataclysm is $20 on Amazon right now, but won't be for long), it won't cost much (~$40) at all. Gives you an awfully easy way to level alts of classes that you've always wanted, but never bothered to make.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-06-30 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Haha, you just made my entire guild laugh

If you do intend on using the 2 accounts under the same battle.net login beware that RealID gets messed up. If Account A logged in before Account B and the person using Account B sent a message using RealID than the person on Account A will receive their reply. It all depends on whoever logged in first. I have talked to the GMs about this and they have no fix.

And to the people crying out about the ToS. News flash each account license is owned by separate people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the merging accounts thing, mainly becuse i play WoW on 3 differnet computers, 2 desktops and a laptop, and everytime i switch to one, they make me switch my password for extra security against myself logging into my account. And now with the battle.net being down, i cant play on my laptop or my one desktop because i cant switch my pass and merge accounts.. its really stupid. I cant log into battle.net, nor can i log into my toon on the wow website to post on forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atlasoptic View Post
    I don't like the merging accounts thing, mainly becuse i play WoW on 3 differnet computers, 2 desktops and a laptop, and everytime i switch to one, they make me switch my password for extra security against myself logging into my account. And now with the battle.net being down, i cant play on my laptop or my one desktop because i cant switch my pass and merge accounts.. its really stupid. I cant log into battle.net, nor can i log into my toon on the wow website to post on forums.
    Call Blizzard? I've never had this problem and I have multiple accounts on my Battle.net and use multiple computers in my household.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |