Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    Seriously, these losers raid for 10+hours to claim world firsts and them "selling out" in your eyes surprise you? I wish Blizzard would bring a 90 min per boss policy for the first 8 weeks of a new raid patch.
    Why? Why do you care what in the world these people do with their lives, and quite frankly what does it matter what they do with their lives so long as they're not hurting anyone and they are happy?

Seriously, these losers raid for 10+hours to claim world firsts and them "selling out" in your eyes surprise you? I wish Blizzard would bring a 90 min per boss policy for the first 8 weeks of a new raid patch.
    If they were going to use any type of limit, they would do it through number of attempts and not a set time you have in the instance, and Blizzard would never do that again anyways.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

So a bunch of players who are in it for the money gonna make more money... As long as they are not hurting anyone, whats the problem here ?

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Why? Why do you care what in the world these people do with their lives, and quite frankly what does it matter what they do with their lives so long as they're not hurting anyone and they are happy?
    Exactly! I could care less, I know that reading comprehension is hard but nothing in my post suggested that I care. (I was simply asking the OP why did this behavior surprise him). Go back and read what I wrote in () very slowly so that you get it this time.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Exactly! I could care less, I know that reading comprehension is hard but nothing in my post suggested that I care. (I was simply asking the OP why did this behavior surprise him). Go back and read what I wrote in () very slowly so that you get it this time.
    You don't care yet you want Blizzard to change how these guilds raid... implying that you actually do care.

Quote Originally Posted by clockmasher View Post
    I have no idea what kind of partnership this is, and I can't think of any reason for this partnership, except money. Will Dream's past business model become the future of Paragon?
    Why do you care? It has Zero, 0, Zip, Nada, No effect on your game expereance.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You don't care yet you want Blizzard to change how these guilds raid... implying that you actually do care.
    I don't care but if you raid for 10+ hours at a time and finally kill something I don't think that is anything to brag about hence the reason I dont care about world firsts with the exception of algalon and the 60mins/week lockout. that was worth the accolades.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Deleted
    is it really against the rules ? to buy a ingame service ( not item ) these guilds dont sell the items they sell Boosts with other words u pay them irl money u can tag along until u get your item !

Im not 100% sure that is anything wrong becosue they dont pay 100 euro then get a item. u still have to run with them anyways ! its just 100% sure u get the item when it drops

Edit: i do understand ppl dont pay 100 euros for this shit was just a example..

Deleted
    Are Paragon supposed to be rolemodels or something?

I don't understand what's people's problem with selling Achievements/Boss Kills/Mounts/Items, I don't really care also.
    In my opinion there's nothing wrong with making actual money from a game you spend hours and hours on.
    Whats wrong with having both Fun AND Profit ?

This isnt even any different from the Pet Store & TCG Loot idea.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    Why do you care? It has Zero, 0, Zip, Nada, No effect on your game expereance.
    In the early days of Chinese HLK(just a few month ago), many of the realm first HLKs were bought. There were numerous stories of no name guilds on obscure servers that killed 3, 4, 12 heroic bosses, including HLK, all in one night. That doesn't affect me personally one bit, since I don't play in China. What if you were on one of these servers? What if you have been working on HLK for the past two months and would have killed him within weeks or days. All of sudden, realm first messages splash across your chat. A guild that can't even kill heroic marrowgar just bought your would-be hard-earned realm first. Tell me again that does not affect someone's gaming experience.

By the way, sharing account is against Blizzard TOS. Selling anything by logging on to and playing on another person's account is against Blizzard's TOS. As far as I know, Blizzard does not condone these behaviors. Blizzard, through their Chinese partner Netease, has already removed achievements and items from several guilds that have used hired guns. There are just too many of these transactions, especially in China, for Blizzard to catch them all.

I have no clue how Paragon currently makes money. Sponsorships are o.k. in my book. If someone wants to pay money to you for playing on your own accounts, more power to you. As to Paragon's prior sale of items and achievements, I have no comment as I am not familiar with how that is set up.

Paragon just entered into Partnership with a business that openly uses illegal in-game practices to achieve financial gains. I am not saying Paragon will soon be offering EU realm firsts to anyone with the right amount of euros, as I have no idea what this partnership involves. Maybe Paragon is just lending its name in exchange for free massage trips to China, and Dream get to use Paragon's name to sell more stuff in China. All I am saying is that when you swim with fish, sooner or later, you begin to stink like one too.

Deleted
    "Get a job creepo!!!"

if you played WoW and got offered to get paid to play, why not breh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnectar View Post
    if you played WoW and got offered to get paid to play, why not breh?
    Didn't read the thread did you?

The point is this Dream guild is taking real money from guilds and then playing their characters to get guilds undeserved realm 1st achievements, mounts etc. Buying realm 1sts is one thing that really breaks the spirit of the game tbh. It's one thing to buy a mount as an individual, who cares. But when your guild buys the realm 1st you are essentially taking away the title from the guild that actually deserves it.

Whether paragon wants to be associated with a guild like that is up to them, but it will probably hurt their reputation.

There's nothing wrong with sponsorships, but when you're partnering with a guild who does a lot of shady things... A lot of people are gonna wonder whats going on there.
    Last edited by mmoce719e7ace2; 2011-07-02 at 11:38 AM.

WTB Paragon guild BAN!

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    I'm not saying that what you say Dream did (is still doing?) isn't true, but it is definitely against the TOS (accountsharing for one), so I have my doubts.

If it is this well known, I'm sure there would have been bans across the board for both parties involved.

I really doubt Paragon would get involved in this kind of thing.
    I'm not saying i disagree with your post, but blizzard don't really care about the account sharing part, my account got hacked about two weeks ago and i called up to have it restored.

While talking to the GM ingame who was giving me my items - he actually made a comment about how the details were stolen from my friends computer in sweden (i'm english and live in england).

They know people account share and they really don't care. ;p

OT: Its not really something that i personally think paragon would do. but you can't really rule out the possibility, people like money at the end of the day.

But i highly doubt they will OP.

Lol , and we should care ... WHY ?
    .... aleast that is my oppinion , I have a ton of other things on my mind besides tinfoil hat conspiracies , you should too .

Deleted
    eSports is growing rapidly, nothing surprising about deals being made centered around money. Money is what runs an industry, and professional gaming isn't a hobby it's a job.

I don't care but if you raid for 10+ hours at a time and finally kill something I don't think that is anything to brag about hence the reason I dont care about world firsts with the exception of algalon and the 60mins/week lockout. that was worth the accolades.
    Just because they raid for long hours does not in any way make them unworthy of the 1st or undermine the accomplishment. You know they compete with many other guilds who ALSO raid just as long right? Also Ensidia got world first Algalon, these are the best players in the world and their accomplishments are worthy of respect.

If raiding 24/7 after a patch isn't something you can commit to then that's perfectly fine, but don't undermine the accomplishments of others who can and do. That's like saying Michael Jordan's trophies are nothing to brag about because he's tall, the only accolades are basketball trophies won in leagues where they restrict height. They're not world 1st because they raid a lot, they're world 1st because they raid a lot AND they're the best.

Deleted
    Selling ingame stuff for money has nothing to do with eSports. It's not different from goldselling.

To be honest what is the actual point here?

Aren't Paragon free to do what they want?