Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    They fixed it
    Yeah, looks like killing one mob then Feigning the rest off doesn't work anymore. Killing everything in the one pull still works fine though, Hellhounds give the best results.

Been doing this myself this night, found it easier to do it solo than with help, since the scorpions tend to reset aggro all the time.
    Killing a pack of scorps, 7 turtles and 6 dogs pack and then resetting. Doing it as MM with Concussive Barrage, just running in circles spamming multishot, swapping targets every now and then so none of them die early (moar Bombardments procs!). One pack takes about 3-4 min doing 25-30k dps.
    Got 2 polearms (using one myself), 1 staff and 2 tailoring patterns, getting quite boring now =P

10+ Year Old Account
    i saw a dk do that, i need to try this once i manage to kill ryloth. Its easy to kite around that circle

Ok i was doing this all day, I had bad luck but isnt the point. You can be faster then clean one at a time...
    Ok I just killed scorpions and dogs pack, over and over again...
    steady multi shot steady multishot... U will not want to kill one to fast, chanfe target when your main target is getting low because that mob will slow down and u want all together...
    Just kite in circles and use traps if u want to stun them (snake or frost), thats it...

Only think that droped was a recepi, nothing more in 3 or 4 hours farming and about 10 min each pack

Deleted
    mind posting a guide on how to do this solo? having half of the instance cleared barely counts as solo... i tried last night and i kept failing due to not having a single safe zone where i could start a pack. anyone been able to solo anything in the instance without a precleared instance? (critters dont count)

Spent almost 4 hours doing this and got nothing. Killed scorpions, turtles and hell hounds.
    At least I got some rep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ugabugamon View Post
    mind posting a guide on how to do this solo? having half of the instance cleared barely counts as solo... i tried last night and i kept failing due to not having a single safe zone where i could start a pack. anyone been able to solo anything in the instance without a precleared instance? (critters dont count)
    There is no absolute "solo" mobs. Almost every mob that could be solo'd without clearing a boss has been hotfix'd. The only way to solo trash now is to get an ID with at least Shannox killed and then do what the OP does in the video he linked (the kiting around in circles, not the killing one then FD'ing).

Well the droprate has definitively been heavily nerfed. I'm sure they still drop though, people would never see an epic in the place otherwise.
    On another note, you can also attack and kill the body that the hellhounds are all eating. It gives 16.5 rep and drops loot (lol). You can see how much health it has left in the tooltip.

Killed a scorpion pack today doing this just to try it out. I made a special spec with MM as my main spec with full points on both bombardment and concussive barrage and put the leftover points into SV getting myself full points in both trap mastery and entrapment, and I'd really not recommend trying to do this without a spec like this, but this makes it easy with practice. Took me about 5 minutes to kill in ilvl 363. I just kited them along the road (backpedaling like a noob 100% of the time at that) and turned around where Shannox spawns/just before Baleroc trash, and to do that easily I just put down a fresh trap so they were stuck for 4 secs, deterenced for good measure, popped disengage so I was along side them pretty much and used aspect of the Cheetah to regain my distance. You could even time readiness with this for an extra trap.

As for normal kiting I made sure I had mark on my primary target, which I made the big scorpion, and just alternated traps so it was ice trap <12 secs> snake trap <12 secs> ice trap, repeat, you can throw an explosive down too for good measure. Otherwise just spam the crap out of MS, the hardest part is making sure they all stay clumped together. As a side note, I'm pretty sure the scorpions are the only mobs you can kite and kill while backpedaling the whole time. Even if you don't get loot you at least get about 30 gold for your effort along with some rep..not amazing but not nothing either. It takes practice, particularly if you haven't done this kind of thing before, but once you get it down you'll only get better at it.

So brilliant, I really need to level my dang hunter

I spent about 6 hours today farming scorpions and turtles, no luck. A DK friend of mine got an epic in after a few solo runs though, so it is still possible.

Deleted
    Killed the hellhound and scorpion packs for a few hours myself and nothing. But RNG has always disagreed with me :<

Hell Hounds

Playing a hunter here and I am having some trouble with the Hell Hounds being to quick sometimes... Any tips for them? Everything else is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnzy View Post
    Playing a hunter here and I am having some trouble with the Hell Hounds being to quick sometimes... Any tips for them? Everything is fine.
    Always have them dazed. Save frost trap for when your low on focus and dont think you'll be able to daze the hounds with multi shot. Remember to disengage if they get too close and never stop moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Munnzy View Post
    Playing a hunter here and I am having some trouble with the Hell Hounds being to quick sometimes... Any tips for them?
    Make sure your kiting them in the widest circle possible, assuming your specced bombardment the daze should never fall off. Disengage is your friend.

Yup I got em now... boe spell caster dagger dropped thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Been going for awhile. I kept at it and got my Ranseur off of a turtle pull. Hopefully I get something else purple and shiny to make some gold >

Does this require a cleared instance or can I do it in a 0/7 save as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Boring View Post
    Does this require a cleared instance or can I do it in a 0/7 save as well?
    If Shannox is dead it will be a whole lot easier. I'm sure it's possible with a 0/7 ID, i just didn't get a chance to check trash prior to raiding.

I'm currently AoEing the Turtle packs (both on each side, plus the one in the water), the Scorpions, and the Hellhounds in one go. Takes about 10-15 minutes. It's broken lol I shouldn't be able to