Poll: Do you think Firelands will entertain you for 6 months?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I might be wrong here, but ain't blizzard aiming for an expansion like once every year? That would be in december, and you also have to kill Deathwing + ???, War of the ancients or something (Don't follow raiding lore as I don't raid). Isn't 6 months for Firelands alone strechting it just a little bit?
    What in the hell are you talking about? When has Blizzard ever stated that that they want to annualise WoW, and what has Blizzard ever done previously in WoW's history to make it seem like they want to release an expansion every year? Each 'stage' of WoW has lasted roughly 2 years.

'Vanilla': November 23, 2004
    TBC: January 16, 2007 (Pretty close to, 2 years)
    WoTLK: November 13, 2008 (Again near enough 2 years)
    Cata: December 7, 2010 (What d'ya know 2 years)

I really have no idea what gave you that impression....

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months top

Nope, already bored of it.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

nope

but i didnt expect firelands to keep people occupied for that long once i heard it only had 7 bosses.but eather way im not bored enough of cataclysm to quit yet

Not really, it didn't entice me to come back to try it just yet.

it probably will if I play from 30mins a week only.

Yea, I suck too much to get bored of this any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there anyone understanding that this content is designed for people with minimum 353-359 gear? The next step is Heroic - which is designed for _378_ ilvl. I hope that the progress of heroics will be slower, because of the big jump. And most people seem to underestimate the instance itself by saying "lol - normals was cake!"

Tho, I took No aswell. Because everything will be damn boring after 6 months - even if it's Lich King heroic or Ulduar
    Last edited by Chrysopoeia; 2011-07-03 at 12:26 AM.

6 Months? More like 6 hours.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

it is for me... i went 13/13 and it was cool, but now im just going casual for this tier (and maybe beyond). 7 bosses with 9 hours a week to kill them in is just fine by me. When I log on now its to do the new dailies (which look promising, even though they take too long to get going) or some dungeons and/or achievements with my wow pals. This patch is fine, and i doubt it will last six months

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said they want to push more content out faster. So I don't think we're going to have to wait 6 months for 4.3. I'm going to guess 3-4 months.

So where's your source saying Fireland's will last 6 month's? For all we know 4.3 could be on live in 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Yea I don't mind in saying i'm not enjoying FL so far. The other day we spent 1.5hrs clearing trash trying to get Shannox to spawn then after all that the stupid instance/servers restarted and we had to start over again.

This forum makes me laugh with all the people showing off their massive E-peen (ZOMG this is so easy. I've already cleared all this new raid) *rolleyes*
    Just because people are saying the new instance is easy doesn't mean they're "showing off their massive epeen" god forbid anybody is honest. Firelands is easy with a raid of semi competent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    So where's your source saying Fireland's will last 6 month's? For all we know 4.3 could be on live in 3 months.
    i dont know but bastion of twilight,blackwing descent,throne of the 4 winds was out 6 months.and the whole pushing out content faster thing i think is kinda failing at the moment

but hey,i guess 6 months is better then a year like ICC was

I'm gonna say wait until we see more than just shannox heroic

but it's feeling doubtful
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    What does this question mean? It only has to entertain us until the next patch...
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthalis View Post

Just because something takes a long time to clear doesn't mean it's a lot of content. I seriously don't understand how people can accept this when Blizzard has the resources to push out 4x this content every patch as a bare minimum.

Well a lot of people are happy with this for some reason. They stick up for a company that dosen't give a shit about them. A pay to play game should offer so much more, even more considering how much blizz makes. I'm part of the 600k that left, it's probably a lot more then 600k by now, maybe even 700k. Stop letting blizz get a way with stuff like this, and wow might be a good game again.

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    What does this question mean? It only has to entertain us until the next patch...
    It means do you think the content released so far will keep you entertained for 6 months? Considering FL is so easy, and we only got a boring daily hub people ask this question. Heroics are the same as normal with slightly harder difficulty level, its still the same fight. So people are wondering if this content will keep them entertained.
    Last edited by Trolldruid; 2011-07-03 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i dont know but bastion of twilight,blackwing descent,throne of the 4 winds was out 6 months.and the whole pushing out content faster thing i think is kinda failing at the moment

but hey,i guess 6 months is better then a year like ICC was
    That was also 3 raids and almost double the amount of bosses. I think we'll see 4.3 in 3 months. Not much later. That said, I might be in the minority, but I think Firelands looks great. I seriously doubt blizz's plan is to have us in there for half a year.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-07-03 at 12:54 AM.

I think the best way to enjoy this game since TBC is to start as late as possible (if you're not into hardcore progression. i.e. the majority of the playerbase). I can honestly say I enjoyed 2.4.3 more than 3.0-3.2.2. I enjoyed 3.3.5 pretty much as much as 2.4.3 and the same will be true for the last major patch of this expansion because everything will feel so complete by then.

Here's to coming back to the game in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think the best way to enjoy this game since TBC is to start as late as possible (if you're not into hardcore progression. i.e. the majority of the playerbase). I can honestly say I enjoyed 2.4.3 more than 3.0-3.2.2. I enjoyed 3.3.5 pretty much as much as 2.4.3 and the same will be true for the last major patch of this expansion because everything will feel so complete by then.

Here's to coming back to the game in a year.
    I can agree with that. I played WotLK doing Raid Progressions and such the entire way and I enjoyed doing 2 Naxx runs, a week at the beginning. Took some time off when Ulduar was out and then came back and did progression on ICC. By this point it was also fun to be able to go back and do Ulduar/Naxx/TOC runs in our off time for achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.