Deleted

4.2 Crowd Control changes - what's your verdict?

So 4.2 has been out for a week now and we've all had ample opportunities to run dungeons since then.

I must say I almost forgot about the change to CC until I was reminded of it.

So, what's your personal verdict on the changes to mob-aggro when being crowd controlled? Do you feel it was a good change? Does it relocate a little responsibility away from the tanks towards the DPS? Did you even notice it?

Personally I hardly noticed the difference simply for the lack of CC I tend to use. I can imagine it makes tanking a little more accessible so I guess it was a good thing after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    It definitely makes things easier and it has caused my PuG heroics to go a lot smoother, but just like I was thinking before the change I can't help but feel this closes the gap between good and bad players, and not necessarily in a good way. What I mean by this is that it's just one more area of the game where mess-ups are now not punished at all, something I find it happening all over the place. Before you know it everyone will be able to resurrect at their death spot without having to corpse run.

I found it makes it a little easier to set up a pull, specifically when explaining the mobs to someone unfamiliar with it. Nothing much has changed otherwise.
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.

if they had brought it out when za/zg were Re-released then it would have been very nice, but now most tanks know which targets to zerg people can (most of the time) interupt so there is little use for any cc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really handy when I run with undergeared groups or people who aren't very good - for example the amount of tanks who want to AoE the pull in ZA with two Flame Casters and a Juggernaught without bothering to dispel or interrupt it staggering. With this I can run up and hex a Flame Caster before the pull, which says to the tank "I don't want to be healing you through all of this at once".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Love the change, makes pulls a lot easier for me as a tank. And I can just throw repentance on a mob as ret

It made things better. However I'm sure someone will find a way to complain about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make the game easier in a dumb way, and just makes life easier. I love it.

less headaches when dealing with pugs, but tbh no one uses CC any more at all so it's barely noticed

Deleted
    It's better, therefore I'm going to complain that fear is still pulling mobs. People sap, trap, sheep, I fear and die because tank thought it wouldn't pull.Fml

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    It definitely makes things easier and it has caused my PuG heroics to go a lot smoother, but just like I was thinking before the change I can't help but feel this closes the gap between good and bad players, and not necessarily in a good way. What I mean by this is that it's just one more area of the game where mess-ups are now not punished at all, something I find it happening all over the place. Before you know it everyone will be able to resurrect at their death spot without having to corpse run.
    Problem with "punishing mess-ups" in the way that old CC did is that for one person's blundering, four other people suffer, and with current attitudes in heroics, i'm happy for anything that reduces chance of mess-ups (And the subsequent finger-pointing, namecalling and so on)