Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Varian Wrynn to become a Worgen? (spoilers)

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...-cover-artwork

Yes yes it doesnt come out and say that, but why would varian be the main character in a worgen novel unless they plan on going down that road? ffs..

another quality book inc from mr Richard Knaak best author world....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmm, has Knaak found a new toy?

Though I do support more Worgen in the world :P

I think it has more to do with his "warrior and gladiator" persona known as Lo'Gosh (aka The Ghost Wolf), rather than becoming a Worgen.

I dont see why its worgen novel. Or maybe i dont understand.
    The title is related to his gladiator name Lo'gosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh please why can't Knaak find another franchise to mess with or to insert Rhonin in... Why must blizzard be so damn keen on using him as an author all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the human racial leader will become a worgen, seeing as the worgen racial leader is still alive and kicking/sniffing. That would be ridiculous even by Knaak's standards.

Knaak is the best author in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. After the literary abortion that was Stormrage, I am never. EVER. EVER!! picking up another Knaak WoW novel again.

Maybe Rhonin will be eaten by worgen. A girl can hope, right?
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hatin Knaak is cool, right?

I think its playing more on his Lo'gosh part, which is more .. well ... wolfheartish ;p Might be playing up against the worgen though, can't really deny it. The sad thing is, even though I admit I like some of Knaak's books (yes, I am a heathen, I know), I did not like his way of portraying Varian Wrynn in the book Stormrage. I personally didn't feel like it fit him like the way Golden portray him for example, and rather of someone who has very limited information about Wrynn. If Knaak hasn't extended the way of portraying Wrynn ... Yeah, it'll be sad reading. So... /pray
    Last edited by Narveid; 2011-07-05 at 12:19 PM.

Knaak best author in the world? His character introduction and portrayals are as subtle as a gun-shot. Everyone he writes about is diagnosed with super-man syndrome. Beginning of the book you think wtf is this Rhonin guy and who the hell cares? Then at the end he's lykttly the coolest dude evar.

On topic, I think Wolfheart is more likely to be about Lo'gosh and his ability to empathize with the worgen because of that. It would go far to explain the heavy worgen presence in Stormwind despite their admittedly stronger ties with the night elves and Gilneas' abandonment of Lordaeron.
    Last edited by Smigglephor; 2011-07-05 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    I doubt it somehow, that Varian would become a worgen. Like a lot of people are saying, this looks more like delving into the other personality of Varian, his lo'gosh side, and lo'gosh is the wolf god, so it delves into it from that perspective, and given the alliances recent addiction of wolf men, perhaps from varians perspective of those.

Also, I just have to say...

AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH, VARIANS GONNA GET KNAAKED, HAAAAAAAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    I doubt it somehow, that Varian would become a worgen. Like a lot of people are saying, this looks more like delving into the other personality of Varian, his lo'gosh side, and lo'gosh is the wolf god, so it delves into it from that perspective, and given the alliances recent addiction of wolf men, perhaps from varians perspective of those.

Also, I just have to say...

AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH, VARIANS GONNA GET KNAAKED, HAAAAAAAA!!!
    Goldrinn is the wolf-god. Lo'gosh is the Ghost Wolf of orcish legend.

Besides that, Varian already fit the Knaak criteria. He magically appeared and became srsbsns with a lykttly awesome weapon that appeared out of thin air with some five-minute lore and took over the alliance without going "Who the fuck are the blue guys?". 5 minutes in Stormwind and he's totally ready to run it. That's believable.
    Last edited by Smigglephor; 2011-07-05 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Hatin Knaak is cool, right?
    Nothng 'cool' about it. For the record, I didn't like his Dragonlance novels either, and that was before I ever even played WoW. Was indifferent on the first few WoW books, but Stormrage was an ill-conceived and poorly-executed abortion of a story, full of bad characterization of established lore characters, plot devices straight out of a 14-year-old's Sailor Moon fanfic, and useless MacGuffin characters who didn't actually contribute a damn thing to the story whatsoever.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Varian Wrynn View Post
    Yes yes it doesnt come out and say that, but why would varian be the main character in a worgen novel unless they plan on going down that road? ffs..
    You assuming that it's going to be a Worgen Novel purely on the basis that it's called Wolfheart? How about waiting for a synopsis before jumping to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    You assuming that it's going to be a Worgen Novel purely on the basis that it's called Wolfheart? How about waiting for a synopsis before jumping to conclusions.
    This, too. Worgen are far from the only wolf-related thing in Warcraft. However, I'm sure since he's gonna get Knaak'd, his Lo'gosh persona/spirit will wind up causing the worgen to magically accept him as their destined leader because he has the touch of the wolf spirit, or something incredibly cliche and lame along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder which cameo Rhonin will have this time, maybe he comes in and kicks some super new threat which no one knew about or shows Varian how to train a raptor army... *sigh*

Well if Knaak is going to talk about worgens i hope he writes Tyrande right as I'm sure she will be in there or at least does not make more damsels in distress.
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-07-05 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Nothng 'cool' about it. For the record, I didn't like his Dragonlance novels either, and that was before I ever even played WoW. Was indifferent on the first few WoW books, but Stormrage was an ill-conceived and poorly-executed abortion of a story, full of bad characterization of established lore characters, plot devices straight out of a 14-year-old's Sailor Moon fanfic, and useless MacGuffin characters who didn't actually contribute a damn thing to the story whatsoever.
    I lol'd; so true. The phrase you're looking for is Mary Sue btw. All Knaak's characters pop out of nowhere or literal obscurity then become uber-powerful and save the world.

Deleted
    Noone knows that Varian was called Lo'gosh on the arena?
    And that Lo'gosh is the Wolf Ancient?
    He might be wolf by heart but he surely is not going to be worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Indeed, its called wolfheart because of the lo'gosh connection more then worgen.

Goldrinn is the wolf-god. Lo'gosh is the Ghost Wolf of orcish legend.

Besides that, Varian already fit the Knaak criteria. He magically appeared and became srsbsns with a lykttly awesome weapon that appeared out of thin air with some five-minute lore and took over the alliance without going "Who the fuck are the blue guys?". 5 minutes in Stormwind and he's totally ready to run it. That's believable.
    Yep yep, although as said in hyjal Goldrinn and Lo'gosh is one and the same.

And yeah, its kind of like Garrosh the same way, they both appeared out from thin air and suddenly become the uber powerz. If thats not knaak material what isn't.
    At least Thrall's been spared the indignity of being thrown into a knaak book, save like right at the end of war of the ancinets.