Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    We've always been pro at AoE healing. That's why I love it <3
    Basically druids are like THE best base-healer. By that I mean: druid keeps everyone alive with his HoTs, the other classes top them to full health.
    Holy Priest and Paladin say hi

they heal, and Druids are the ones doing the "topping off" in most cases (except on heavy AoE fights) but even then it takes time for the HoT's to take the full effect and by then everyone has already been healed up
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

im actually having problems with healing after the patch. This is 5 man heroics, before it was so faceroll all i was doing was jumping around like a bunny rabbit while hots kept everyone up.

Between crit and mastery changes I added about 8k hps to my healing out of nowhere. The only recent gear change I have made is picking up the VP relic and while its an upgrade over the 358 version its not that big of one. I expect something to give a nerf to the effect mastery has or something. On a side note my mana seems to regening much better or I am using much less. Not often do you start to heal for much more and your mana levels go up. It feels a bit like Ulduar or ICC did right now top the charts on all fights and never worry about mana.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Between crit and mastery changes I added about 8k hps to my healing out of nowhere. The only recent gear change I have made is picking up the VP relic and while its an upgrade over the 358 version its not that big of one. I expect something to give a nerf to the effect mastery has or something. On a side note my mana seems to regening much better or I am using much less. Not often do you start to heal for much more and your mana levels go up. It feels a bit like Ulduar or ICC did right now top the charts on all fights and never worry about mana.
    8K HPS? on the same fight ? Comparing low raid-wide damage fights to heavy raid-wide damage fights?
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-07-06 at 10:29 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    This is a stupid statement. If you have druids in your raid, you would trade raid's best interests for your epeen?
    Hi, meet my friend sarcasm. really funny dude, you two should hang out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Shammies - Spirit Link
    Disc. - Barrier
    Pallies- Aura Mastery
    Druid - OP HPS
    Holy Priest - Nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Holy Priest - Nothing
    lightwell + guardian spirit.

resto doesnt need a nerf - recount and wol just need a buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    lightwell + guardian spirit.

resto doesnt need a nerf - recount and wol just need a buff.
    LOLwell and a tank cd.
    Holy Priest's raid cd = ?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOLwell and a tank cd.
    Holy Priest's raid cd = ?
    So now you want a tank cd AND a raid cd? Bit greedy some may say ^^
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Deleted
    if youre in 10man and havent got a quite strong second healer to backup your rather slowly healing youre not that amazing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    You mean, exactly like disc priests (PS + PWB) and paladins (HoS + AM)?

Even though I am and always will be a holy priest at heart, i'm finding less and less excuses not to spec disc on many progress fights. Which is total rubbish if you ask me.
    Not to mention GS is now mostly useful in a reactive fashion now that they nerfed it by maxing the 'absorb'.

Deleted
    First of all, I'm a holy paladin.

Resto druids are probably a little over the top in therms of raw HPS in raid-wide spread unavoidable damage, but i think thats perfectly fine due to the nature of HOTs. They are suposed to be eficient when mana counts and the other healers have proper addons to see hots are already doing their job, and they don't waste mana ninja-heals on the same target.

Holy palas are also fine being more burst quick healers. WOG is "probably" a little over the top when it procs and you can cast it twice for no mana cost, but otherwise since we lack a more powerfull raid-healing spells, it also seems balanced.

Resto Shamans could use a slight buff in 10 men. Even though their single target healing feels strong enough, chain heal is lack-luster in 10 men. Probably a buff in range jumps is needed.

Holy priests could use a little buff in therms of HPS. Probably needs to be a little better single target healing.

Disc priests i can't formulate an opinion since my guild has none.

Cheers.

If damage taken reductions from other healers were showing on meters as healing druids wouldn't be top in the same way.

Deleted
    what i forgot to mention was the treeform cd - i mean if you wait the raid dmg and then just spam instant nourish+lifebloom everyone it's kind of a waste, if you know when itll hit and pop it early to anticipate it with fully hotted members its quite swesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    So now you want OP HPS AND a raid cd? Bit greedy some may say^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Shammies - Spirit Link
    Disc. - Barrier
    Pallies- Aura Mastery

These are all HUGE and not recorded in meters.
    Spirit Link Totem is recorded in ingame-Meters (skada & recount). I'm a shaman healer in 25 man and dropping spirit link can really screw up meters, but who cares I had times where it "healed" for >1M when fighting Scorpions. World of Logs "fixed" their algorithm to not include the "healing done" from SLT.

Whats missing in meters is the damage reduction. But buffing SDK for example gives a demage reduction as well. And if you start there you have to calculate the damage boost from the 8% more spell dmg debuff, or Tricks of Trade, Curse of Elements, Armor Reduction... I don't know where to stop

Nerf Resto Shamans.

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now you want OP HPS AND a raid cd? Bit greedy some may say^^
    I said nothing on the state of druids, we aren't in a bad state or anything right now. Sure i wouldn't say no to some sort of damage reduction cooldown but i'm quite happy with the way we are currently.

As for priests, you can't just use the argument that "this class has this, i want something the same". Holy priests do extremely solid HPS and can easily get very close if not surpassing resto druids on metres. That along with having a useful tank cooldown (which you can't argue isn't needed - tank CDs were very valuable in the last tier of content and probably will be in Firelands too) make Holy priests very much wanted in all raiding guilds.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

i has a question. When do you use nourish, regrowth and healing touch? Nourish is really good with mana but it heals next to nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    i has a question. When do you use nourish, regrowth and healing touch? Nourish is really good with mana but it heals next to nothing.
    From a 10man perspective, I tend to use Regrowth/Healing Touch with Omen of Clarity procs or in emergency low health situations. I'm actually quite satisfied with the interaction of WG and Nourish for raidhealing, I tend to use Nourish since we have multiple healers and to prevent big over-healing of myself or my fellow healers.

About Resto Druids being so strong at the moment is the easy choice Blizzard made by buffing the Tranquility instead of figuring out a suitable damage reduction cooldown like very other healing class has (Barrier, Aura Mastery). If there was a way that those CD's would interact with recount then you'd see a significant change as well.

Though, Tranquility can only heal up damage - the others can prevent casualties.