Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Using tv to dual monitor?

I have been thinking about using my TV as my main monitor and this one i have now as my secondary. system is. 4g DDRII 1066, AMD athlon 64x2 6000+ 3.2ghz Dcore, nVidia GTX 260 895mb. Normally my temps are 60c idle and 70c load for cpu and 50c idle and 80c load for my GPU.

tv is a 36 in. widescreen 720i sanyo.

Can anyone forsee any inherent problems before i do this?

Deleted
    None. except that the diferent resolutions might bring you some trouble. but i never dual-screened, so go for it, i dont think it will blow up your pc

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i plan on gaming and all that stuff on the main screen then using the secondary for internet browsing if it's possible. im also wondering if my temps will go above critical

Deleted
    Go for it I'm using dual screen with my MBP 15'' and an external 20'' computer monitor. If your plan is to expand wow to both screens, it would give you some resolution problems. Keep wow at the screen with the best resolution and keep the other for movies, skype, facebook, youtube, p0rn, torrents or whatever you like. Imo dual screen is awesome, since you can multi-task a lot better. However, you will have to run wow in windows maximized mode, if not your second screen would be all black.

Check the GPU's max temps to be sure you don't blow anything off. However, since it's not full HD, it shouldn't be that much of a problem

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Well i plan on gaming and all that stuff on the main screen then using the secondary for internet browsing if it's possible. im also wondering if my temps will go above critical
    your temps shouldn't go over critical by running dual monitors. If it does there's likely a hardware or dust issue at a bigger fault.

There shouldn't be any problems doing so assuming you're still using a proper digital video connection, just have to set the resolutions.

II currently run a 19" 1400x900 monitor and a Samsung 22" TV that runs at some wonky resolution without any problems.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the info. and no it isn't for wow im not longer playing that.

---------- Post added 2011-07-07 at 06:22 PM ----------

thanks for the info. and no it isn't for wow im not longer playing that.

jsut did it but my tv wont go higher than 1280x 768 i think it might be because i couldnt find my other DVI cable and has to hook it up svideo