Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Can't mount image.Help!

Since i've got Windows 7,i can't mount image with any program.
    I'll try to explain with case of DAEMON TOOLS Lite.

When i press right click on DTL icon,i go to "Virtual Devices",then i get "Add SCSI Virtual Drive".
    After that i get Msg:Unable to add adapter.Reboot is required after previous operation.

Same msg appears after i reboot.

Is there anyone else that had this problem and solved it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc8c42c518cc; 2011-07-08 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you trying to mount?
    (Full filename + extention)

Deleted
    Click Daemon Tools Lite and add it manually instead at the harddrive with a + icon.

You trying to load an iso....hmzzzzzzzz
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    You trying to load an iso....hmzzzzzzzz
    That's dumb. I regularly load all my disks as .isos so I don't have to keep the physical copy. Now zip it.

@OP:
    I prefer PowerISO. Try that and see if it works, if not we'll go a step further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    That's dumb. I regularly load all my disks as .isos so I don't have to keep the physical copy. Now zip it.

@OP:
    I prefer PowerISO. Try that and see if it works, if not we'll go a step further.
    Tried PowerISO,also most of the other similar programs,none work.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    what are you trying to mount?
    (Full filename + extention)
    NS-ToV_DC_poseden(.mds)

Problem is that for some reason DTLite can't add SCSI Virtual Drive.
    I've found my Devices,and seen there's only one which is out of date,it might be that that's causing problems.
    http://imageshack.us/f/843/ss1yg.png/
    Now,I can't update that driver from internet,it's doesn't allow me.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/ss2fi.png/

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by mmoc8c42c518cc; 2011-07-08 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    Tried PowerISO,also most of the other similar programs,none work.

NS-ToV_DC_poseden(.mds)

I've found my Devices,and seen there's only one which is out of date,it might be that that's causing problems.
    http://imageshack.us/f/843/ss1yg.png/
    Now,I can't update that driver from internet,it's doesn't allow me.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/ss2fi.png/

Thanks for any help!
    File size?

Isn't that an Alcohol rip? Usually there's 2 files, one is a MDF? the other MDS? one of them is like 32kb the other well somewhere nearer the region of whatever you ripped (I'm guessing 2-4gb?). It's also not a SCSI virtual drive, just mount it as a CD. (as my guess is its a DVD rip?)

WHICH IS NOT PIRACY UNLESS YOU SHARE IT!

I'm fairly sure you need to mount the file called: NS-ToV_DC_poseden.mdf

MDS file is an optional media descriptor file that can be generated when creating a disc image from a CD or DVD. The format is a binary file with the magic number "MEDIA DESCRIPTOR" appearing in the beginning of the file. The MDS file contains metadata about the original media, specifically the position of the layer breaks or layer breach bit, a property of the copy protection feature of DVDs. An MDS file is then used in conjunction with its related disc image to re-create the DVD. It is called an MDS file because of its implemented file extension .mds. It could also be described as being an archive file of MDS format
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-07-08 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    File size?

Isn't that an Alcohol rip? Usually there's 2 files, one is a MDF? the other MDS? one of them is like 32kb the other well somewhere nearer the region of whatever you ripped (I'm guessing 2-4gb?). It's also not a SCSI virtual drive, just mount it as a CD. (as my guess is its a DVD rip?)

WHICH IS NOT PIRACY UNLESS YOU SHARE IT!

I'm fairly sure you need to mount the file called: NS-ToV_DC_poseden.mdf

[/B]
    It is in the US. This board is hosted from servers in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    It is in the US. This board is hosted from servers in the US.
    Are you seriously telling me in the States that you can't backup your own media in a format of your choosing without violating copyright? Thought the US was meant to be the land of freedom and tolerance?

If it is i'm pretty sure 90% of the country can be thrown in jail today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously telling me in the States that you can't backup your own media in a format of your choosing without violating copyright? Thought the US was meant to be the land of freedom and tolerance?
    Piracy laws protect against distribution, so if you were to burn copies of every disc in your house, as long as no one else uses those discs, then it's not against the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Piracy laws protect against distribution, so if you were to burn copies of every disc in your house, as long as no one else uses those discs, then it's not against the law.
    Right, thats what I thought :-) So ripping a CD or DVD to your harddrive isn't against any law :-)

Anyway yoitsme had any luck with mounting the .mdf file yet instead of the .mds one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, thats what I thought :-) So ripping a CD or DVD to your harddrive isn't against any law :-)

Anyway yoitsme had any luck with mounting the .mdf file yet instead of the .mds one?
    I have an external that contains copies of ever CD I currently posses, so if it's illegal...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an external that contains copies of ever CD I currently posses, so if it's illegal...
    lol....

Anyway my big red thing was to stop all the people jumping on the OP for "Piracy" which I think has been achieved :-)

Deleted
    Misread what you said there. Obviously backing up something you legally own is not illegal in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    NS-ToV_DC_poseden(.mds)

I guess you restarted your computer for it to take affect? Then:

Open services{
    1. Go to admin tools --> computer management --> services and applications --> services:
    }
    2. Restart the 'Virtual Disk Service' manually, or better make it 'automatic'.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted

I can't even get to that point,since i don't have any Virtual Drives.
    Here's pic.
    http://imageshack.us/f/684/ss3p.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/ss4g.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/ss5t.png/

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I guess you restarted your computer for it to take affect? Then:

Open services{
    1. Go to admin tools --> computer management --> services and applications --> services:
    }
    2. Restart the 'Virtual Disk Service' manually, or better make it 'automatic'.
    Gonna try this,and restart.
    Gonna tell you if it worked.
    EDIT:Sadly didn't work...
    Last edited by mmoc8c42c518cc; 2011-07-08 at 05:31 PM.

K, download SPDT , uninstall DTL, install SPDT, reboot, re-install DTL, reboot, ??? , works or so I hope!
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop using imageshack, photobucket, etc., etc.

Imgur.com is the best image hosting thing. Period. Unless you have your own web server.

Also, piracy is bad. Unless you're telling me that you magically named your files according to exactly how they appear on torrent sites .. which I doubt.
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-07-08 at 06:07 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    K, download SPDT , uninstall DTL, install SPDT, reboot, re-install DTL, reboot, ??? , works or so I hope!
    Tried it,didn't work...
    Think i'm gonna reinstall windows...

THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    People need to stop using imageshack, photobucket, etc., etc.

Imgur.com is the best image hosting thing. Period. Unless you have your own web server.

Also, piracy is bad. Unless you're telling me that you magically named your files according to exactly how they appear on torrent sites .. which I doubt.
    Just because they appear like that on torrent sites doesn't mean it's ripped for sharing, get off the "OMG PIRATES" bandwagon, please.

mds/mdf and .iso files are the extensions that are used for mounting virtual cd's/dvd's in various programs, and it's not just reserved for pirating.