Druid cyclone focus target/mod macro

Hey there guys, I have been having trouble trying to make a mod: shift focus=target macro. Anyone know how to set this up so that it cyclones your target but if u hold shift it will cyclone your focus target?

Deleted
    #showtooltip Cyclone
    /cast [nomod] Cyclone
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Cyclone

ps.: You can use target=focus instead of @focus, it is the same. If you want your macro to cast something different to friendly targets than you need to add 'harm' in the [] for cyclone and 'help' for the new spell you add

I would recommend

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Cyclone; Cyclone

Should have the same functionality as the macro Sorquas provided but cleaner (I can't test it to make sure).
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-07-08 at 04:27 PM.

Can you guys elaborate what this does? Does this just change targets and cast cyclone?

Could this be used, for example, in PVP 2s to target the other player? What if it's a DK with a ghoul, Mage with pet, hunter with pet, etc? Will it target the player or just whatever is "next"?

It doesn't "change" targets exactly, but it defines who the target is. Normally the default target of spells will be your current target. If you tell it something different for the target (ie. @focus, @focustarget, @mouseover, @pet, @player, etc.) that particular spell will be cast at the target you define. @focus = your current focus target, @mouseover = whatever character your mouse is over when you use it, @pet = your pet, @player = you (it may be a different @ for you but I don't recall)

For the macros up there to work you have to have a focus set (by targeting someone and using /focus, you might be able to set focus with a mouseover, not sure). If you don't have anyone set as your focus the focus portion won't work, so the spell won't fire. For example, the macro I provided would first check to see if you have shift pressed, and if you did it would cast cyclone at your focus target. So if you had shift pressed but no focus target, the macro would fizzle because you essentially would be casting cyclone at no one.

I believe there may be other @'s you can use for arena play perhaps, but they would be fairly situational. But you have to manually set your focus target for it to work.