Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What will you be playing 2 years from now?

If there is a post similar to this then let's have it closed and a link posted.

Basically, what are you playing / going to play within 2 years assuming no other major MMO is announced.
    • World of Warcraft with Mists of Pandaria
    • World of Warcraft before Mists of Pandaria
    • Diablo 3
    • Guild Wars
    • Guild Wars 2
    • Star Wars: The Old Republic
    • Rift
    • Final Fantasy
    • Other
    • Nothing: I'm kicking the MMO habit!
    Personally I'm trying MoP for the monk
    I'm giving ToR a try
    Prolly taking a WoW hiatus for D3
    ---
    For some reason I do not get an option for polls :|
    ---
    Oh yea...
    • Minecraft
    It's still "Beta" but it's come a long way. Fun game, I'll keep playing this too
    Last edited by Shawman; 2011-11-05 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Adding option

Man, I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully nothing, since if everything goes as planned, I won't have time for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    D3, GW2, and mostly ToR.

I quit WoW, since I felt it has lost it's touch, and is just a damn chore than a game.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

WoW:MoP
    Diablo 2
    Skyrim
    Minecraft

are all games I can still see myself playing in 2 years time

probably a tiny bit of wow or GW2 but as the next 3 years are going to be my further education so i'll be damn busy

My Knee jerk is to say Rift.......as i've been slightly more sold on it lately....

However, in all likely hood, after panda's .... which i have zero interest in as they killed all that made wow..well wow.

I will try all hte major ones, Rift, Swotr, and GW2........and stick with what i like... can't say now, because i've not played any of them.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

Also I could be doing this wrong (which with me is pretty much inevitable) but I thought there was an option for polls when posting near the bottom. Sorry or I'd make it more convenient.

Deleted
    After taking a 9 month break from Cata, I can safely say I won't be resubbing with the direction the game is going.

I'll be trying TOR also with alot of my old guild.

*Other
    Where is Phantasy Star Online II? I'm all for something much more relaxing and casual if that's the intent from the get go. Also, much more randomization seems to be the big hype in it so far. I can't wait for it, personally. We're a good year/year and a half off from a US release. Still in Alpha stages. Looks good so far.

WoW for sure. Alongside GW2 if it is as good as it appears to be.

Diablo 3 without a doubt.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW and Guild Wars 2

I;d like to add, after the horrible direction that WoW took...... (sorry, im a 6 year vetern, and i don't like it).

I look forward to the options I'll have, because honestly wow has me so cornered I rarely poked my head over the water line to see the new games horizon in years (sans Rock Band games).... so I love the fact i can bow out of wow, with the memories and fun i've had.... and move to a new world of stuff to play/do.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

I've been here since release, and I suspect I'll be here a few more years yet.

None of the games on the horizon are even close, just more of the same with a different coat of paint. I'll move to a new MMO someday, but the one that will steal me away hasn't been announced yet. Can't wait really. Terra is the only one even tempting, but it still feels a little light to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    *Other
    Where is Phantasy Star Online II?
    I'm sorry, I've never heard of this =/

We'll see in 2 years.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully I won't have time with games anymore in 2 years. I can say with 100% certainty that WoW is dead to me however.

Hopefully Guild Wars 2
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2.
    And depending on when Warhammer 40k: Dark Millenium is released, it might be that as well.