Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alienware Aurora?

Is the alienware Aurora a good gaming desktop? Or can I get a cheaper build for a lot less? Computer noooooob here.

Links would be nice !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boingo View Post
    Or can I get a cheaper build for a lot less?
    Yesssssss.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Yesssssss.
    Do tell.

10char

Deleted
    No, it is NOT a good gaming computer, if you want a good computer, you should buy parts and assemble it yourself.
    Just as good for half the price, and if you spend as much as you'd do on an Alienware on parts, you get a really good computer.
    EDIT:
    Oh dear god, it costs 2k dollars, you can get a ridiclously amazing computer for that.
    Last edited by mmocb39a133b7e; 2011-07-10 at 02:44 AM.

It very likely IS a good gaming computer, HOWEVER - Building a pc yourself is not that difficult. You can get a PC of the same power level as that one for probably half the price. The amount you pay for the brand and the warranty is pretty crazy.

You'll save a lot of money if you build from scratch AND you won't have a load of useless Dell shit installed on your computer. Win/win.

Building a computer isn't nearly as hard as you may think.

Yes it's good for gaming but it's pricing is atrocious... If you're not going to bother putting it together yourself, you can always go to a site that builds it for you like Cyber Power PC. (Though it's always good to ask what parts to get/avoid)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Building a computer from scratch, if you have limited funds, is not a good idea unless you either follow a guide OR already know what you are doing. Two sites that I have had decent computers built from are CyberPower and iBuypower. You can customize the PC to your liking and the prices are reasonable. Decide what you want then build it on both sie to see which is cheaper or has better free upgrades at the time.
    edit: I see the person above me already mentioned CyberPower while I was typing this. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
    Last edited by the1skate; 2011-07-10 at 02:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the1skate View Post
    Building a computer from scratch, if you have limited funds, is not a good idea unless you either follow a guide OR already know what you are doing. Two sites that I have had decent computers built from are CyberPower and iBuypower. You can customize the PC to your liking and the prices are reasonable. Decide what you want then build it on both sie to see which is cheaper or has better free upgrades at the time.
    What?
    In august '10 I built my first computer, this one infact (i5 750, 5770, corsair dominator 2x2gb 1600MHz, corsair TW 650w, asus p7p55d), without having any herpderp idea of what I was doing, and it turned out fine.

I like this info. Thank you guys so much! I found this http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/G...ra_7000_Elite/. I'm wondering if I need to do something to the video card or "GPU?". Again, super mega noob here.

What are the specs that you are looking for that the aurora has and you want, then we can help you find what you need =D

It is herpaderp easy to build a PC, unless you spend an hour trying to figure out why the screen isn't working while you haven't plugged the power into the GPU... Like my first. But seriously, its really fun and easy.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    What?
    In august '10 I built my first computer, this one infact (i5 750, 5770, corsair dominator 2x2gb 1600MHz, corsair TW 650w, asus p7p55d), without having any herpderp idea of what I was doing, and it turned out fine.
    Good for you.
    Some people without experience might not want to risk spending $100-$150 on a mother board, $150-$300 on a video card, or $200 on ram just to fry it.

I'm just looking for a computer that can give me maybe more than 60 fps? Haha, I don't have a clue how to increase fps or where it comes from.

Deleted
    Once again, I'd recommend building it yourself.
    But on that computer you linked, it has a APU, now, those are pretty new, and I don't know a lot about them, but I do know you won't get the best performance using them instead of a CPU + GPU as normal.

Good for you.
    Some people without experience might not want to risk spending $100-$150 on a mother board, $150-$300 on a video card, or $200 on ram just to fry it.
    Because of the retardedness of prices in Finland, that build cost me around 1000 american dollars.
    If you know that you should't apply too much force to anything, you'll do good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you.
    Do you know how difficult it is to "Fry" your RAM or the like? Just watch out for ESD...

Good for you.
    It is nearly impossible to fry anything... Unless you try to water it to make it grow...

PCPartPicker Love it.

Good for you.
    You do know what it takes to fry those components don't you?
    New and shiny compppppp!

Building a computer requires watching a youtube video...I highly suggest not buying the Alienware computer and building one of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Boingo View Post
    I'm just looking for a computer that can give me maybe more than 60 fps? Haha, I don't have a clue how to increase fps or where it comes from.
    Here's a link to the superdupermegaawesomethread for budget builds http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build check it out.

PCPartPicker Love it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    He did say he was a complete noob. Bet he doesn't know what ESD is or how to avoid it.
    But what ever. I've been building PCs for 21 years.
    Yes, it is very easy.
    No, not everyone is comfortable building one for themselves. Otherwise pre-builts would not sell.