Page 1 of 3
LastLast

divine intervention

why was divine intervention removed. it was a fun and cool ability. also it could saved raids so there could be rezes and get more tries at bosses

Pretty much used to beat boss mechanics, ie Saurfang marks who put on people. Put DI on them and they dont take damage

it was a st00pid annoying ability tbh. i can't count the times it delayed raids cause 1 cheap bastard in our raid kept using it, and the people he threw it on didn't realize it, so the boss would eventually respawn, and re-aggro that person and cause a 2nd wipe, and/or "cant enter, encounter in progress"... and it usually takes less time to corpse run back to a boss, than to res 24 people.

Heck I don't remember how many times a pally in guild hit the wrong keybind and killed himself in the middle of sindragosa.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    it was a st00pid annoying ability tbh. i can't count the times it delayed raids cause 1 cheap bastard in our raid kept using it, and the people he threw it on didn't realize it, so the boss would eventually respawn, and re-aggro that person and cause a 2nd wipe, and/or "cant enter, encounter in progress"... and it usually takes less time to corpse run back to a boss, than to res 24 people.
    Sounds like you need to find better people to raid with lol...

In all honesty I can't figure out why they removed it... It was a balanced move and that thing about saurfang is pure stupidity... "OMG THAT GUY IS TAKING A EASY TO HEAL AMOUNT OF DAMAGE!!!! QUICKLY KILL YOURSELF SO WE CAN MAKE TWO PEOPLE USELESS!!!!!!"
    Even if you battle rezzed the pally it would be useless if your healers couldn't keep up with such a simple dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

The only imba thing i remember about DI, was being able to DI a shammy on top of a flag in AB and them still being able to thunderstorm people. The other uses were just meh. Saved me ALOT of gold on hm lk though.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Quote Originally Posted by giowatcher View Post

In all honesty I can't figure out why they removed it... It was a balanced move and that thing about saurfang is pure stupidity... "OMG THAT GUY IS TAKING A EASY TO HEAL AMOUNT OF DAMAGE!!!! QUICKLY KILL YOURSELF SO WE CAN MAKE TWO PEOPLE USELESS!!!!!!"
    Even if you battle rezzed the pally it would be useless if your healers couldn't keep up with such a simple dot.
    Maybe you dont understand what im saying. DI could remove the mechanic on the fight. Blizz didnt like that di could be exploited in this way on raid bosses. Di was removed.
    Last edited by ssjohn311; 2011-07-10 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn311 View Post
    Maybe you dont understand what im saying. DI could remove the mechanic on the fight. Blizz didnt like that di could be exploited in this way on raid bosses. Di was removed.
    They could have just changed it that the debuff remains even if DI is used...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    I would be quite worried if a raider didn't notice he was immune to damage, couldn't move and had a big glowing shield around them. Not only this they just stood there till the boss reset.

Also confused at how wipe recovery would be referred to as anything other than helpful. There is no way in most of the big instances it was quicker to run back when you were far in - It was changed past tier 7, but for the best part it took absolutely ages to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    They could have just changed it that the debuff remains even if DI is used...
    They could've, but which is easier? Exactly.

Back when the fights were first introduced, people did this to push the "soft-enrage" of this boss further away (too many marks for healers to deal with).
    Especially at the start, where he would get blood power from mark ticks (having 5 marks would basically mean he'd be throwing them out every 2 seconds).

But I'm sure you don't know about this, killed it on 10 man with the 30% buff before bloodlust ran out.

Its a shame, Blizzard has been thinning more in such fun abilities. Abilities that dont really have a combat value, but they offer a little extra to the class that just fits them. For example, they also removed hunters Eyes of the Beast, where the Hunter could "mind control" their own pet.

Its a shame really, especially since we're moving more and more towards homogenization, that such unique abilities are getting removed. Because Blizzard deemed them useless, or because it was easier then actually design an encounter with some of those abilities in mind, or just fix the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Back when the fights were first introduced, people did this to push the "soft-enrage" of this boss further away (too many marks for healers to deal with).
    Especially at the start, where he would get blood power from mark ticks (having 5 marks would basically mean he'd be throwing them out every 2 seconds).

But I'm sure you don't know about this, killed it on 10 man with the 30% buff before bloodlust ran out.
    Your dps was bad if you got five marks. I did this on 10/25 man when the wing first came out (and you could only do that one wing for a few weeks i believe it was ) and we never got 5 marks.

OT: Because blizzard is stupid and didnt want paladins to save gold every 10/30 mins. They are fine with rogues vanishing hunters feign deathing and mages invis'ing but paladins cant save someone else by sacrificing themselves,

Ummm no, HM Saurfang was a B**** when you got a lot of marks out, so you DI'ed early on to slow down his resource gain early, it made the encounter a thousand times easier.

DI was wicked and saved me SOOOO much gold over the years...people using it maliciously should be shot and blizzard should create encounters with long standing abilities in mind not remove them altogether....

---------- Post added 2011-07-10 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Ummm no, HM Saurfang was a B**** when you got a lot of marks out, so you DI'ed early on to slow down his resource gain early, it made the encounter a thousand times easier.
    Your teams dps was bad then...and that is in no way an abilities fault. The fight was easily doable without DI..

Yep was a great spell i loved it i had alot of fun wiht it including icc when you could glitch fester and rott for the weekly.

Deleted
    It seems a lot like they didn't want to handle glitching associated with it so they completely removed the spell as opposed to putting in measures to stop said glitching.

My main memory of the spell is in vanilla and tbc(before I played a pala) where the raid leader would call for it on a wipe and it would save the raid a 5-10 minute run back.

I still remember using DI on our old DK tank when we were doing the achievement on the dragon in ulduar and him being completely perplexed as to why he couldn't move and had lost threat

"Guys I think I'm lagging. No seriously wtf I can't move. I think I'm lagging, I can't even cast anything. Hang on I'll restart WoW and see if that fixes it"

Yep. My PuGs were awesome when confronted with DI.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said it was removed because all raids now had the teleport options & thus you did not need to sacrifice yourself to save the healer anymore.

That being said I think they should have & could have easily changed it to be a battle rez or into a version of ardent defender that you could cast on others.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

i loved it, but it did cause problems in pugs