Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is fail for getting rid of that ability. DI was so damn fun. I loved inviting random people in a major city to group then DI-ing them immediately. Endless fun. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

Yeh it sucks that it has been removed

DI
    Mass Ress

Yeh huge waste of raiding time

I would always switch DI with other Pally bro's or on other healer friends so we'd save repair costs. Loved it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    Blizz is fail for getting rid of that ability. DI was so damn fun. I loved inviting random people in a major city to group then DI-ing them immediately. Endless fun. lol
    This. Was the Paladin cure for boredom.

Deleted
    It was almost never used for anything usefull. I don't care that much if it was in the game or not...but I don't think you can say like the class is in need for it.

So people exploited a boss. Then why don't they remove ranged pets from the game because of Rhyolith? Granted, I never used DI, as I was always tanking. Blizzard redid a lot of pally spells, why not turn this 1 into a brez? Soulstone and raise ally were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    So people exploited a boss. Then why don't they remove ranged pets from the game because of Rhyolith? Granted, I never used DI, as I was always tanking. Blizzard redid a lot of pally spells, why not turn this 1 into a brez? Soulstone and raise ally were.

This ^ is why I always used an addon while tanking that would make me auto cast it if my HP fell under a set %.

Granted if I was that low it generally killed me if I took another hit but there was the rare occasion where it was useful.

That being said it should have become a Battle rez or something like the an ardent defender you cast on an ally. Something like

Divine intervention: The next attack that would otherwise kill the target of this spell will instead heal them for X% of their maximum health. Lasts "Y" seconds & has a "Z" second cool down.

Could have become a rather useful holy only spell then
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

They didn't remove it because of the exploit. They removed it because basically it was a pointless spell. They were trying to get rid of spells that no one used. This spell had no real use for anything. Yet it was useful during a raid wipe, but that is no point in having an extra spell in the game.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn311 View Post
    Pretty much used to beat boss mechanics, ie Saurfang marks who put on people. Put DI on them and they dont take damage
    Except you just sacrificed a pally (that's how it used to work. might've changed). It was amazingly awesome and just another thing Blizzard removed in the name of 'balance'. Other things include, arena skirmishes and eyes of the beast ability for hunters.

Still have some fun BoPing melee, can`t you?

It should be brought back as a paladin combat Resurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    They didn't remove it because of the exploit. They removed it because basically it was a pointless spell. They were trying to get rid of spells that no one used. This spell had no real use for anything. Yet it was useful during a raid wipe, but that is no point in having an extra spell in the game.
    That's nice and all but mind soothe on the other hand...definitely still in the game.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should think more about the fun factor of some spells.
    In the end it's just a game which should be fun to play.
    Things like the Word of Glory nerf and the deleting of DI made me loose a lot of fun I normally had at playing my pally(prot).
    Would be nice if Blizzard thought about that, instead of just trying to make their game as "perfect" as they want it to be.

Deleted
    I can see why they would remove it mid LK, but now, when combat rezes are so limited, it makes no sense. Yeah, you can avoid a single mechanic by sacrificing one player and making another useless for some time and loose all buffs. Hardly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    With mass resurrection it would have been an awesome skill to have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much used to beat boss mechanics, ie Saurfang marks who put on people. Put DI on them and they dont take damage
    Exploiter always kill the fun for the rest of the population

Deleted
    Imo its not only removed, because of "Saurfang marks"

Think about it - your RL is calling a wipe - DI on someone, then mass ress, and go again.
    So less time inbetween attemps, imo thats the real reason Blizzard removed it.

Divine Intervention on Sarfang was and will continue to be a stupid idea, why?

2/3 Paladin specs are very important jobs to this fight, tanking and healing, if a paladin was tanking the boss? Well duhh he gonna heal when the current tank gets a debuff, which was? every 20 seconds?

Healing? Healing in my guild was quite confusing and stressful but once we got used to it farming it was a breeze you couldn't DI late in the fate because you were generally taking 2 mark targets or 1 mark 1 tank

And the Ret , the frenzy part of that was a burn phase, marks would take increased amounts of damage , 3 shotting cloth targets so you had to kill the boss pretty damm quickly before your healers were overrun.

DI Will also would kill you and remove the player you targeted from the encounter which if your a ret that 10-15 seconds of downtime (Buff time including) which could mean the difference bewteen a kill or him healing up from a mark dying at 2%

Hand of protection was a much better idea, 10 seconds of physical immunity ^^ for that difficult phase if we saw someone drop low.

Bummer thing was DI'ing someone didn't cause durability to gear T_T reason why i liked it alot :P

Deleted
    Ye, but the pala dies, so it aint a win win

15+ Year Old Account
    DI was cool, but i didn't understand why Paladins had that. random 5 man ability.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    So less time inbetween attemps, imo thats the real reason Blizzard removed it.
    shamans can still ankh, though.