Poll: Did you like underwater zones/questing?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    No, it's awful. I went to Hyjal first, because of the lore involved. But I visited Vash'jir after hitting 85 in order to get the quest achievement. And guess what? I still haven't completed that damn achievement, because Vash'jir is just that terrible.
    Dude you're missing out, the end of Vash'jir is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by yeaimresto View Post
    I didn't like it for a silly reason..

the idea of questing and doing all the stuff underwater kinda gave me anxiety : /
    I just like feeling like I'm on solid ground, even if it's virtual solid ground. Weird, I know.. but I honestly feel this way lol
    That reason is not silly. Many of my friends have the same issue with underwater zones.

My thoughs are: Vasj'ir is an interesting zone, sadly, it annoys me and bores me after a while. You can only view a certain distance, it all looks pretty much the same. Generally I don't like dark zones. Mount Hyjal was good, Uldum was good, and Deephold + Twilight Hyjals were ok.
    Some would say Wild Mushrooms are like landmines. I see them as atomic bombs on a ten second cooldown.

No.

For two reasons: One, overall the combat in 3D space was disorienting. Two, the quality of Vashj'ir questing dropped off after you boarded The Verne.

I think that due to a combination of the annoying/long/sometimes buggy intro quests deterred a lot of people and made it frustrating or just easier to do Hyjal, where basically you get a teleport there and the click on the dragon to fly, where in vashj'ir you have to wait for that damn boat to show up.

Also the set up of Vashj'ir was fairly confusing, with the three mini zones, and travelling between them being fairly confusing.

Overall though, I think the idea was great, the zone was beautiful, and having the linear progression of helping out the few main characters helped to make it appealing. IMO the biggest problem that blizz made was that you don't have to visit every zone to get to 85, since there were so few zones (only 5). I know in past expacs you don't need to visit everyone either, but when you had 7 places to go in WOTLK, I felt like they varied much more, since you were going to go to at least 4 of them. Leveling in Cata is too fast overall imo. Oh well. Hope they continue to make these awesome zones, just make them less confusing/less barriers to entry (that annoying ass quest to defend the boat that bugs half the time, or you just die over and over).

I love it with my druid , its cool to gather herbs there , easy to gather and easy to run
    but because I tried to lvl up on first day of cata with my dk there , and got too many ganks and had about 1Hr for just 2 quests I left there with a /rude !
    now I feel its a good zone.