15+ Year Old Account

Affliction: How do you Soul Swap?

After checking out the latest sims I respeced to Affliction. A spec I really haven't played much of.

Here's the macro I made for Soulswap:

/cast Soul Swap; inhale
    /cast [target=mouseover] Soul Swap

I tried it @ Lord Ryolith and Az Last night: Legs, Spark etc.. and found it didn't function too well

Which macros, if any, do you use?

Use the one on the ej affliction thread, I unfortunately cannot post the macro because MMO-Champ is reading a macro as a link:

"You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the one you mean

/cast [nomod] Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus][] Soul Swap

Is this not a 'focus' macro though?

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Soul Swap
    Last edited by Props420; 2011-07-12 at 01:11 PM.

I just use it normally; no macro required.

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltîp
    /cast [mod,@focus][] soulswap

with no mod being used it will soulswap on current target, with any mod being used it will soulswap to focus.

For one if you going to macro it the second part of Soul Swap is actually Soul Swap: Exhale. What I do is I have a focus modifier turned on in my interface settings so when I hold Shift my spells hit my focus. I keep my secondary target focused then hit Soul Swap and then hold shift and hit it again.

To eliminate an extra button that I need to have on my main quickbars...I macro'd soul swap into one of my spells.

/cast [mod] Soul Swap; Haunt

I'm at work..but I believe that is the correct format. Anyways...all i do is press Alt + Haunt, and then click the other target and press Alt+Haunt again. I have also set SS on a miscellaneous quickbar so i can see if it is available to use. I realize there are addons that can show you your cooldowns and whatnot....but this works for me.