what is your favorite tank to heal?

Pre-patch, when paladins could still block cap, I loved having a paladin tank. at 81% mitigation or more on any hit that got through dodge/parry, incoming damage was pretty low and very consistent. But now with the holy shield nerf, it feels like those same paladins who i know are good players are just way too mana hungry for heals.

I've always liked druids for cata raids. Since they get really high mitigation all the time (~73% for all hits at ~359) without depending on block at all, and with so much dodge, I'll log lower damage taken for a druid tanking same boss as a paladin on a different day. Other people generally didn't like them because of the savage defense mechanic - the druid might take less damage overall but he does take these HUGE damage spikes, so it feels precarious healing a druid.

DKs are low mitigation but they get so much health and that deathstrike is just sooooo good. If a dk tank has good timing, feels like his health never budges even during heavy damage spikes.

So I would rank the tanks like this right now: dk > druid~warrior > paladin.

Pretty big reversal. What is your experience?

Deleted
    Good ones. Doesn't matter what class.

Paladin easily - they seem to have many more tools to save themselves and save me :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

My list is similar to yours except id switch war and pally so dk>druid>pally> warrior. Every so often though I come across a great warrior tank but it seems on average this is how it plays out for me. Also dk+ disc priest, when played/timed right is almost unfair lol.

1. Druids.....those fuzzy furry balls are adorable with buble and wings...and in wrath with dps gear (agi gemming) was dodging killing machine....

2. paladin....rising from best aoe tank (bc, where aggro from mobs was deadly) to classic "warrior" tank with heals...

3. warrior...

4. dk

Any tank who uses their cooldowns wisely = a winner in my book.

Depends on my mood--if I'm bored, I like the challenge and the craziness of warrior healing (will he charge, or jump, or just throw something?). If I'm uptight, and want to relax a bit more, I'd prefer to heal a Pally...(I can often sit and drink, while they pull, without worry, for a bit, and if they get me killed, they can rez me! Hah!!)
    DKs just irritate me, either way (not sure why), and I hardly ever see a big bear butt, anymore (I do like healing them, as they are far from "spiky", unless they miss some buttons, or draw to many mobs. I have a harder time knowing just where they want to tank, sometimes, too...find myself moving back, to get distance from mob.).

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to heal tanks who aren't disconnected.

Our pally tank is easier to heal but I enjoy the challenge of healing our DK tank.

I prefer DK tanks...simply because I am a holy pally and my mastery works well with theirs. Also, they can self heal for JUST enough to buy time to let me get a hard cast Divine Light off before they take a death blow. I have also found they seem to take less dmg if they are played correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Druids and Warriors.

DKs scare me because you never know if they know what they're doing till they die...or not.

Paladins are lackluster, seem to be harder to heal in lower gear levels but easier to heal in higher gear levels; either way with right CD management they just don't bother me much.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

I prefer healing warriors due to their vast arsenal of helpful abilities.

The downside is 3/4ths of the prot warrior community has no clue how to use the class to its full potential thus I believe they should of rolled a paladin instead as not to get confused by so many situational buttons.

I prefer paladin tanks in raids, just because of their raid wide cooldown, in 5 man's a good warrior is awesome to have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Good ones. Doesn't matter what class.
    lots of this. having healed since end of tbc and on, i can tell you that blizzard does a pretty good job with tanks and that they all have thier own flavor. that said, just because one seems easier to heal than the other does not mean that they are. player skill>class. i like healing tanks that know what thier 60 sec cds and trinkets are for...most dont but doesnt mean the class is broken...

any tank that knows what they are is fine, but a bad dk is much worse then a bad tank of another class

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors, Druids, Paladins, DKs. Warriors, as posters have already stated, have a wide array of tools to help their groups that other tanks just cannot match. Druids are fun to heal because of their high dodge, and to be honest, the damage just feels less spiky to me. Paladins have raid wall which is a game changer, plus they have a few good utility moves to aid the group, but their damage is a tad high.

DKs, to me, are just way too spiky damage wise. I hate that their damage intake is incredibly spiky, and i also hate having to depend on the DK to use Death Strike right in order to survive. Yes this is the same with cooldowns and such with other tanks, but not a significant portion of their rotation. The DK mechanics just feel clunky to me.

Deleted
    A good DK tank.
    Gives me the chance to brew some potions and chat with guild, hotting the dds from time to time.