Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerzeja View Post
    Get a disc priest and manaburn the shit out of them. 2s is retarded anyway so just run disc > rsham.
    Mana Burn 2.x second cast that takes away max 10% of priest's mana (priest around 90k mana). Seal of insight + judgement for 12% mana (paladin have 90k). A priest that tries to mana burn a paladin is going to regret it later. Best way to kill a holy paladin team is to cc hpaly and double team him after the partner is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by riceboy752 View Post
    Mana Burn 2.x second cast that takes away max 10% of priest's mana (priest around 90k mana). Seal of insight + judgement for 12% mana (paladin have 90k). A priest that tries to mana burn a paladin is going to regret it later. Best way to kill a holy paladin team is to cc hpaly and double team him after the partner is dead.
    Uninformed player is uninformed. Judgement restores 15% BASE mana and costs 5% BASE mana, so it only restores 10% of BASE mana. Naked paladins at 85 have around 25k mana, so a judgement will restore roughly 2.5k mana. It also has an 8 second cooldown so it basically restores 312 MPS. Mana burn on the other hand is spammable every 2.5 seconds before haste effects costs the priest 14% BASE mana (roughly 3360 mana) and removes 10% of the paladins MAX mana. SO assum ehe has 100k mana, that is 10k mana burned every 2.5 seconds at the cost of 3360 mana. So while you are gaining roughly 300 mana per second from judging, the priest is burning roughly 4000 mana per second from you at the cost of 1300 mana per second.

So um, uh, yeah. That does not even take into account if the priest puts a power infusion on himself for a big burn casting 20% faster and costing 20% less pushing that mana difference even higher and has his shadowfiend out damaging you and pumping him with mana.. Priest> Paladin because of fear and manaburn my friend.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people are saying "get rid of this guy, get this instead" I run with friends for fun, so I'm not scraping anyone. When I ask for advice usually I mean "how can this comp overcome this one" not "who can i replace to make it work". This guy is probably thinking the same thing.
    Also (MM, Feral) we just rush the paladin with everything, and once his bubble is up we switch to the other one, switch back after the bubble.
    I just went 4 wheeling... on a tiger. Intense.

This is what you get for running healer/dps in 2s. Hopefully you que into a holy paladin every match so you can have 30minute games.

I'll let you in on a little secret - Right click Arena icon > Leave Arena.

No point wasting your time playing 2s against Healer/DPS combos. If you don't come close to killing the healer in the first minute just leave. Re-queue and hope for double dps teams and easy points. After all - what kind of person does 2s for anything but arena master/achievements/weekly points.

In 2v2 it'll take half an hour on average to kill another healer unless you outgear/skill your opponents by a large margin or have a priest that can mana burn.

I play a holy pally and the only scenario I can think of is, when you have his partner at near 50% hp, hex the paladin, if he trinkets hex again, when he bubbles break bubble and intimidating shout. Then you have a few seconds to finish off his partner. If the pally comes out of fear before his partner dies, he'll probably need to cast, so you have to windshock. If you still fail, you need to wait for your cd's to come back up and try again.

Edit: Oh I forgot Hex has a CD. So you're out of luck lol..

Mind control and jump the fucker of a cliff.

ya jus leave if u see a holy pally... since beacon is undispellable (and quite amusingly so) its almost impossible to kill them. maybe if u had an instant cast mass dispel to break the pallys bubble that might help if u can burn him but unless ur a priest ur kinda outta luck.

Quote Originally Posted by riceboy752 View Post
    Your math is complete bullshit, its base mana. My judgments are not giving me 12000 mana you tool. Try 3513, and it cost 1171, which means I get 2343 mana. A Holy Light cost 2810 mana and a FoL cost 7260.

From what i see on my priest its says 10% of targets mana, so 10% of 100K is 10K mana.

So compare a 10K mana burn to a 2343 mana return from a SoI Judgemnt with Judgment being on a 8 sec cooldown. So two mana burns in a row means 20K mana gone compared to 2343 gained.

Mana burning a Holy Pally is very effective, its fucks us over very hard.

NOW take into consideration all the offensive utility Disc priests have and how Holy Paladins have zero offensive utillity and the crazy amount of mana Mana Burn drains, Mana Burn should be deleted from game like Warlock Drain Mana. Or a hard nerf so that its burning a shit ton of the priests Mana also. Right now, Mana Burn is faceroll OP.
    Last edited by Ban-roll-on; 2011-08-05 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    If you let a Disc Priest sit there like a lemon and chain Mana Burns on you/your healer, then you kind of deserve to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
    If you let a Disc Priest sit there like a lemon and chain Mana Burns on you/your healer, then you kind of deserve to lose.
    Pulling off 2 mana burns in a 6 sec cc is pro huh?

Deleted
    So.. you've never had it happen that you are CC'ed and receive a mana burn? Priest - Fear -> fuck have to trinket or partner dies - > deep freeze -> mana burn while I have deep freeze on me, RoF right after while the mage sheeps my peeler?

Just an example above, but there is no way you can prevent mana burn on ALL occasions.

Yea because all disc priests aren't partnered with classes that can stun right. You can get half your mana bar burned during a deep freeze / kidney shot..

Sheep > burn > sheep > burn > sheep > burn > fear > burn. Grats you just lost 50% of your mana in an opening cc train while your partner sat in pet freeze/rof/nova. Disc/Mage is all about mana.

Healers are in an incredibly stupid place right now. They wanted to make everybody have a ton of HP and heals not do as much to make healing more interesting, but it seems that they were oblivious that hurp durp gear advances through an expansion so heals can do half a life bar once again yet the HP is still huge, so if a healer gets one heal off, you're back at the start. Its just fail planning. This expansion is probably the worst balance since vanilla, they just don't seem to really care at all. Guess that's what happens when you stick most of your team on a different project. Players will keep paying, pet shop items make more money, why would they waste resources on balancing.

@^
    Thanks for the constructive post! You are doing a great job at contributing to this thread constructively, you are an asset and we thank you for your presence!
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    @^
    Thanks for the constructive post! You are doing a great job at contributing to this thread constructively, you are an asset and we thank you for your presence!
    Likewise! Very on subject!