Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    2) The fact that there has been NOTHING new in cata. Final bosses in cata raids, Cho'gall, Nef and Raggy. YES Cho'gall is new to cata but he is not in anyway new to warcraft lore.
    What the hell is the point of having vilains in lore if you don't end up fighting them at some point?
    Would you have prefered to kill Egnog the Ethereal lord instead? Brand new character, no story before this what so ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    HAH!!! A FAULT!! You see, if you actually paid attention to the script after you defeat Mal'Ganis instead of waiting for loot to drop, he doesn't actually die. He flees.
    That's exactly my point... HE DIDN'T DIE, yet people are still going to claim they "killed" him, like they did with Ragnaros. And like they WILL do with Kil'jaeden.

Besides, I didn't need CoS to tell me Mal'Ganis escapes. I played Warcraft 3 long before Wrath, thanks.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2011-07-15 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    cuz Deathwing has been a boss already.... and who knows, maybe we'll see a new caverns of time raid with Kael'Thas as the final boss haha
    I wouldnt mind that, if they make it as difficult as Kael was originally. I remember the way he kept the top guilds of the server (who were allowed to move to MH/BT) and the guilds whiping on him weekly appart.

Good times, BC <3

OT: Vanessa Van Cleef should be a raid boss, the nightmare elixir would be awesome in 25 man !

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No expansion will ever fully focus on one enemy.

TBC had Illidan on the cover but Zul'jin from out of fucking nowhere, Karazhan for shits and giggles, some gronn to kill some time, and Kil'jaeden finishing off the expansion. Wrath had the Lich King as a "focus" but with Malygos looking for some spotlight, Sartharion and Halion setting a few things in motion for Cataclysm and then Yogg-saron stealing a lot of the spotlight.

Cataclysm so far actually has every raid to do with the same faction as Deathwing (except Baradin Hold, but we tend not to count the PVP loot pinatas anyway).

Odds are N'zoth will be the Kil'jaeden to Deathwing's Illidan.
    yea that is a very fair point. but look at it like this. in tbc you had like 3 raids directly involved with illidan, but you also had 2 other raids inderectly tied to him via his influence on outlands with the legion. while those raids werent necessarily involved with him, they were impacted by him. then you had 2 raids that pretty much had little if anything to do with him. of those 2, 1 of them was an actual raid

in wrath you had another 3 raids that were directly involved with arthas, however in this case you had 5 that had almost nothing to do with him. the only difference though is that of those 5, only 1 of them was an actual raid instead of a 1 fight encounter.

So far we have a garunteed raid to be involved with deathwing, a garunteed raid to be about the old gods, 3 raids not involved with deathwing, 2 of them actual raids, and 1 raid actually tied to him. so that leaves 2 involved with him and 4 not involved with him. unless we get a content patch that has 2 full raids involved with death wing we'll see more actual raids not involved with the main character since, well, bc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    yo you need to chill the fuck out. and because i just spend the last 2 years dealing with lore based around undead. I don't want to spend another expansion around the lichking but with fire.

never mind the fact that its a complete cop out in terms of story "you kill the villain but guess what?! he's a zombie! so you kill him again but guess what?!?! he's a zombie again!!"
    they arent technically undead they are "reanimated" just like how death coil isnt technically a fear its a "terror"

Onyxia, most defeated boss in wow history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Onyxia's Lair was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's Lair was merely a setback!
    naw more like "ONYXIAS LAIR WAS MERELY A SETBACK...twice"

inb4: ik its not twice in the lore :P im jp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    LVL80 Onyxia was a tribute to the lvl 60 encounter. It's unrelated to the lore and was made to be some harmless fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    What the hell is the point of having vilains in lore if you don't end up fighting them at some point?
    Would you have prefered to kill Egnog the Ethereal lord instead? Brand new character, no story before this what so ever.
    /facepalm.

Did you only read one line? Really?

IF it wasn't that in the first 2 tiers of raids that the 3 end bosses (Read: ALL end bosses) were repeats from earlier raids and/or games then it wouldn't have been an issue. The fact that there was no new bosses at the end of raids, nothing new to fight is the problem i have.

If you can't be bothered to read my whole post and at least try to understand it then don't comment on it. Please.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe how entitled people feel for a measly $15 a month.

You guys are children. Get over yourselves. Quit if you feel like you're being cheated.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    LVL80 Onyxia was a tribute to the lvl 60 encounter. It's unrelated to the lore and was made to be some harmless fun.
    Someone understands? What is this madness?

Onyxia at 80 was a Nostalgia gift, not a lore death.

BWD was involved with Deathwing, they're his CHILDREN.

So far we have a garunteed raid to be involved with deathwing, a garunteed raid to be about the old gods, 3 raids not involved with deathwing, 2 of them actual raids, and 1 raid actually tied to him. so that leaves 2 involved with him and 4 not involved with him. unless we get a content patch that has 2 full raids involved with death wing we'll see more actual raids not involved with the main character since, well, bc.
    The way you worded that is confusing me...

But what exactly does it have to have to be involved with Deathwing? I mean, you seem to have a rather loose relation required for Illidan, why so strict with Deathwing?

-Launch-
    Blackwing Descent - Run by the son of Deathwing.
    Bastion of Twilight - Fellow servants of the old gods, also responsible for nursing Deathwing back to health after his defeat at the hands of the other aspects during the events of Day of The Dragon.
    Throne of The Winds - Al'akir's forces were directly under Deathwing's command during the events unfolding in Uldum.

-4.2-
    Firelands - Deathwing was responsible for summoning Ragnaros back to Azeroth at Hyjal. After we defeat him with the halp of Cenarius and co. we follow him back to his home and kick his ass.

So far all of the raids (again, except Baradin Hold) have had at least as much to do with Deathwing as certain raids (SSC, TK:Eye, Mag) did to Illidan in TBC.

People have been begging for much of the old content to be updated, so I find it had to believe there is anything wrong with updating old instances.

Swing and a miss
    tbh i agree with what you say that we aren't paying for a server acces but tbh, we are already paying for the expansions.
    And the updates are more bug fixes then anything else, the little content the add every few month's should or could be in the expansion when released but they choose not to otherwise people would clear there game afther a month and the game would be 'over'.

Imo if our subscription fee is to 'keep the content comming' then expansion packs should be downloadable by all and free of charge.

Deleted
    Nefarian, Al'Akir, Cho'gal, Ragnaros >3
    Nefarian,Raganros- have been defeated and resurfaced.
    But in the end math is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm.

Did you only read one line? Really?

IF it wasn't that in the first 2 tiers of raids that the 3 end bosses (Read: ALL end bosses) were repeats from earlier raids and/or games then it wouldn't have been an issue. The fact that there was no new bosses at the end of raids, nothing new to fight is the problem i have.

If you can't be bothered to read my whole post and at least try to understand it then don't comment on it. Please.
    new to fight? but the fight is new >.> and l2 cho'gall/alakir. plus honestly who cares if the last boss has the same NAME if every other boss u just fought was new and exciting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    I can't believe how entitled people feel for a measly $15 a month.

You guys are children. Get over yourselves. Quit if you feel like you're being cheated.
    Another sheep that has the "Shut up or leave" attitude. That is a terrible attitude and means that nothing will ever get better. If you have a problem with people showing their displeasure then you must be 12 or have never watched the news. The fact is that the world works on people protesting against what they do not like to try and get things changed or supporting what they love to keep it the same. If you have a different opinion thats great but stop telling people to "STFU or leave!" because that advice would leave us in the stone age.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Deleted
    Another sheep that has the "Shut up or leave" attitude. That is a terrible attitude and means that nothing will ever get better. If you have a problem with people showing their displeasure then you must be 12 or have never watched the news. The fact is that the world works on people protesting against what they do not like to try and get things changed or supporting what they love to keep it the same. If you have a different opinion thats great but stop telling people to "STFU or leave!" because that advice would leave us in the stone age.
    As opposed to say...complaining on a forum?
    At least tell me you are doing this while wearing a Che shirt, and listening to Rage Against the Machine...fight the system all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    new to fight? but the fight is new >.> and l2 cho'gall/alakir. plus honestly who cares if the last boss has the same NAME if every other boss u just fought was new and exciting?
    How simple do I have to make this?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ats-next/page3

Go back and read post 55. Please.

Not everything is about "Zomg new fight mechanics make it new!" or "Zomg reused boss means nothing is new" if you can't be bothered to read it then don't count on it.

If you don't understand the issue with repeatedly killing the same boss and why it is discouraging and annoying to some people to see the same thing over and over then I don't know what to tell you.

BTW, not everything in this game has to do with raid mechanics and how you kill certain bosses. On top of that i have explained in my post(s) that i have no problem with some reused bosses, the problem is all of them at once. Just go back and read it.
    Wow.