Page 1 of 103
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Swifty got banned: Official thread

We understand Swifty is a WoW celebrity so you all want to discuss it. The other threads were overtaken with spam, trolling, and flaming. If you do that in this thread, you will be infracted and posts deleted. Keep it civil and on-topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-DFfBUA6vM

10+ Year Old Account
    watch?v=Rmui6kS8-VU

I blame Zybak.

SWIFTY SUCKS THUMBS UP HE GOT BANNED HE IS A 2,2k RATED SCRUBNUUB WARRIOR!!!

Not constructive, infracted

Nice ego trip for mods...

Others can start threads to. When will you guys stop making this place less fun to read through.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never heard of him until today, i find it wrong that because blizzard is to lazy to make world events, that when players take it into their own hands they will be banned

Who is Swifty? I understand he's a WoW celebrity of some kind, but I honestly never heard of him. What's he famous for?

Deleted
    he deserved to get banned he made money off playing the game why should he get sponsorship and prizes for playing a game and not the rest of us i hope he stays banned and they ban all the idiots that support him
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-18 at 07:42 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    SWIFTY SUCKS THUMBS UP HE GOT BANNED HE IS A 2,2k RATED SCRUBNUUB WARRIOR!!!
    I believe this is what would be reffered to as "spam, trolling, and flaming"

he'll be unbanned soon, people need to relax

Pretty stupid imo.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is ridiculous, the backlash on the ban is so bad right now

I literally can not play on Darkspear

Takes 1 min to mount =/

The ban was probably a way to temporarily stop the crashes and I'm confident Blizzard will lift it within a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by direarms View Post
    Nice ego trip for mods...

Others can start threads to. When will you guys stop making this place less fun to read through.
    Because all the other threads we're OT, or had pages and pages of trolling and flaming each other.

I'd never heard of him before today, but I guess he has quite the following. At least he has more free time now to entertain his fans.

Deleted
    I feel bad for the guy, he isn't trolling either, he's genuinly upset by whats happened. gl in geting your account back Swifty ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    watch?v=Rmui6kS8-VU

I blame Zybak.
    What exactly did Zybak do? I keep seeing his name everywhere.

What really happened the other night you'd know if you watched the livestream. Swifty gave away a product but to be able to win the product you had to find him on a lvl 1 toon somewhere in SW, but you didn't know which realm. When they found him the people on the stream decided to flood that realm with lvl 1s, by which time the stream had around 5000 viewers and the realm crashed. Well with the child mentality most in the stream had they decided oh lets go to other realms and crash them too.

When this was happening Swifty was telling the streamers to not do it. Begging them not to do it, but they did anyway.

There, that's what happened, for the people that weren't there and want to know.

Swifty is a guy who PAYS to PLAY the same game as you, a difference would be made by the fact he PAID for 6 FRICKING(Friends tv show, no reason to infarct) YEARS and he got banned for nothing.

Stop being a smart-ass and wanna-be troll and feel sorry for this guy, you are not even a bit smarted if you say "who is this guy?" "wtf random scrub" etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    he deserved to get banned he made money off playing the game why should he get sponsorship and prizes for playing a game and not the rest of us i hope he stays banned and they ban all the idiots that support him
    you know.. if you were good enough, and dedicated enough, you could get sponsored too, that's like saying ''this guy does more dps than me, he should be banned''

WoW for him wasn't just a game, he was also making money from it. And not only that, but he didn't really do anything to deserve a ban.