Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Too bad you will be seeing more of him.

As the Thrall book is considered lore......

SPOILER!!!!!!!

Page 54 of Thrall:

"Once long ago, Deathwing had been warned that an orc, seemingly the lowest of the low, would rise to challenge and possibly defeat him"

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, that's why he barely moved from his throne for 6 years, even being the Warchief?

The last time that Thrall story progressed was in WC3, since then he barely did nothing. Now the focus is back to him. Just like the focus was on Tirion in the last expansion.
    Thrall was one of the main focused heroes in warcraft 3, along with Arthas and Tyrende, yet people didn't bitch and cry about him then.
    I think the reason people do now in wow, is because most have a hero complex in playing wow as there character, thinking themselves the front runner of everything, and unable to accept lore characters anymore as important.

Its now like
    'I, a random nobody generated character killed a big bad boss in the lore, that makes me important!'
    Lore figure 'Go do this quest random player'
    'Piss off lore figure, I'm the star here!'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    Thrall was one of the main focused heroes in warcraft 3, along with Arthas and Tyrende, yet people didn't bitch and cry about him then.
    I think the reason people do now in wow, is because most have a hero complex in playing wow as there character, thinking themselves the front runner of everything, and unable to accept lore characters anymore as important.

Its now like
    'I, a random nobody generated character killed a big bad boss in the lore, that makes me important!'
    You may have a point there. When it was us playing Thrall people felt like "Damn I'm cool." When we played Rexxar, we thought "Damn, I'm doing stuff for the guy I played back in WC3. I'm cool." Now, it's "This guy has been sending me to do his stuff for him for what, three expansions now? No thanks, I don't need you anymore."

It's a shame really, since Thrall hasn't been doing much since vanilla, but now apparenly he's 'doing too much'.

I'm not saying Thrall is weak. I just want to see him actually do something that sit on that friggin rock. Honestly I wouldn't bother reading a book about some made up elemental crap and a shaman that needs to talk out their problems.

I played Warcraft I because is was The Demonic Evil Bloodthirsty Horde Vs the Righteous Noble Heroic Alliance. Warcraft 3 brought in Sam Rami's Army of Darkness with all their Corpse tossing Goodness and life was good. Now instead of seeing the Lovecraftian Old God's UNLEASHED I'm watching Thrall's courting of an orc chick.

Army of Darkness Vs "What women want" ..............

15+ Year Old Account

Its now like
    In WC3 Thrall had doubts, and emotions, and problems.

Come WoW anything he touched turns to gold with no apparent effort
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    You may have a point there. When it was us playing Thrall people felt like "Damn I'm cool." When we played Rexxar, we thought "Damn, I'm doing stuff for the guy I played back in WC3. I'm cool." Now, it's "This guy has been sending me to do his stuff for him for what, three expansions now? No thanks, I don't need you anymore."

It's a shame really, since Thrall hasn't been doing much since vanilla, but now apparenly he's 'doing too much'.
    Exactly, and this is what pisses me off about peoples reaction to Thrall being the main hero here. He was a main hero in WC3 along with the other important lore figures, yet well he's not little development in wow, he finally does, and people cry about it?

This is also why, because of the mechanics of wow and how it derives from a randomly generated players character doing things instead of the real lore characters, it then makes the lore into a bit of a joke, looking at things like uldum, and every parody questchain in it, it has to make it funny for the player because we're not playing a lore figure, we're playing as ourselves in an mmo.

This then is why they need lore books, comics, short stories to make the lore remain serious about without it becoming one big joke. Will you notice indiana jones and rambo references in something like the shattering or twilight of the aspects? Of course not, but this is the one last place they can focus purely on the real lore, instead of some fake lore quests.
    In WC3 Thrall had doubts, and emotions, and problems.

Come WoW anything he touched turns to gold with no apparent effort
    Forgive my bluntness, but thats bullcrap. Thrall was the warchief but they didn't develop him as the warchief in any major way after warchief 3, except if you include that novel cycle of hatred, where he has to enforce his rule of trying to retain peace with the humans, even at the expense of another orc. (This actully goes for just about every other ruler of both the horde and alliance)
    And yet now, where in cata we see clearly those doubts and fears you just said, people are now like 'omg those emotions weren't there they all made up!', again, what bullcrap. And when you say he held these emotions in all this time in his role as warchief, people pass it off not wanting to believe that.
    Last edited by orcshaman24; 2011-07-22 at 11:43 PM.

alliance had wrath, horde have cata, get over it your gonna keep seeing thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how the majority of the novels/manga are alliance side based. You complainers can shove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Considering how the majority of the novels/manga are alliance side based. You complainers can shove it.
    TBH, this too ^. Who has a long running comic book series? oh yes, Varian. Who was the main heroes in war of the ancinets by knaak, oh yes, Malfurion and Tyrende and Rhonin. Stormrage the novel, Wolfheart.. you know what, whining about the horde getting some attention at last considering how its been on the alliance all this time is just total prima donna

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH, this too ^. Who has a long running comic book series? oh yes, Varian. Who was the main heroes in war of the ancinets by knaak, oh yes, Malfurion and Tyrende and Rhonin. Stormrage the novel, Wolfheart.. you know what, whining about the horde getting some attention at last considering how its been on the alliance all this time is just total prima donna
    Don't tell them that, they'll bring up the Alliance land "losses" while ignoring that they had about 66% of the land in classic and now it is closer to 50%

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    ha, yeah true

LK story was better. Thrall isn't anything to me. Not even in WC 3 back i 2002.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Arathari View Post
    LK story was better. Thrall isn't anything to me. Not even in WC 3 back i 2002.
    Lich King pre-wrath was good (By pre-wrath, I mean Warcraft). The only thing I liked about his finishing was the questchain to destroy his heart and the ending cinematic. Other than that, Arthas was a cartoon villian who'd show up, yell "I'll get you next time!" Then fled until 20 quests later.

Deleted
    It seems over indulgent to me, and that's not good for a game which has always had such a lot of wry and keen sense of humour. The lore is becoming too ridiculous and overblown for my liking and this bleeds into the whole feel of the game.

When I started to play 2007 I read all I could find about WoW-universe and I must say the story was fantastic. Damn I think Tolkien would have been jealous. Kil J, Arthas, Titans, Burning Legion, Thrall, Malf, you name it.
    2011 Cataclysm-rambo ref, Thrall wedding wtf, a 10year old could have wrote a better storyline, what is going on?
    I know Metzen been in charge for a long time but is it really the same guys who wrote the fantastic stories in WC2, WC3, Bc that are writing the Sarah-10year old stories in Cataclysm?

thralls that guy until cataclysm is over, then we will probably focus on the dwarf king whose turned to stone.

Maybe Thrall will be this expansion's Saurfang the Younger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    It seems over indulgent to me, and that's not good for a game which has always had such a lot of wry and keen sense of humour. The lore is becoming too ridiculous and overblown for my liking and this bleeds into the whole feel of the game.

Well I think Deathwing is too big and too powerful to focus on for an entire expansion. We need someone More human to focus on because otherwise deathwing will get old fast.. All we learn about him through the expansion is that he came out of the ground and blew shit up.

Thrall is fine.. Rather him than Garrosh and Varian for the whole expansion..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Well I think Deathwing is too big and too powerful to focus on for an entire expansion. We need someone More human to focus on because otherwise deathwing will get old fast.. All we learn about him through the expansion is that he came out of the ground and blew shit up.

Thrall is fine.. Rather him than Garrosh and Varian for the whole expansion..
    I'd be fine with Garrosh and Varian, long as Knaak and that person who wrote the Baine story stay well enough away.

Besides, we should be getting some mortal focus coming up the the Deathwing raid since we can (safely I'd say) assume four of the bosses in the Deathwing raid from the Thrall book

SPOILERS U WILL HAVE THINGS SPOILED

Deathwing (obvi)
    Chromatus
    Benedictus
    Nalice and/or Sabellian
    SPOILERS ARE OVER

K, only one of those is Human, but still

10+ Year Old Account
    So people forgot that Thrall wasnt alone at the maelstrom? Muln Earthfury is on the opposite side of the chasm that is the maelstrom Helping him,so no Thrall didnt do it alone but for two shaman to still hold that side stable for that long isa feat in itself and speaks measure for those two.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2011-07-23 at 05:09 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]