New dailys trinket or Alchy trinket for SP

Ok so im a little confused, can someone please explain why all the 4.2 BiS lists ive seen have the new dailys trinket Moonwell Chalice alot higher on the list than the Alchy trinket.. Is losing 1 intel but gaining 1700 mastery for 20 secs every 2 mins (on use, hate these kinds of trinks) really better than losing 194haste thats constant?

Deleted
    I'm no expert in shadowpriests but it is an average of 283 mastery vs 1 intelect 194 haste and use effects are better since you can time time with other burst abilties (Archangel/Heroism etc).

use the chalice. mastery is a good stat for shadowpriests and used correctly as maples said can give you a huge dps boost. its works nearly the same like theralions mirror from bastion of twilight except that you can use it whenever you want.

i could imagine an opening rotation like vt - swp - dp - mf til orb - active trinket - mb - reapply vt & dp with empowered shadows buff giving you around ~40-50% increased dot damage pop arcangel and use mind blast right before the trinket wears off to get another 15 seconds with a stronger empowered shadows buff. so you get at least 30 seconds empowered dots from that trinket. if you play it really good you can get even 40 seconds with that. makes it a great trinket tho
    +++ Why Me - Wrathbringer EU +++
    ~~~ Vilden ~~~
    7/7 Heroic - 25man: World 18th - German 2nd

You have to keep in mind where you are relative to the haste plateau (30%) for VT as well. If it bumps you below when you were above it before, that will mean refreshing VT more often and less time to cast MF, so fewer orb procs over the course of a fight. That reduces the value of mastery.

Basically, look at your own gear and sim it to see if it'd be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.