10+ Year Old Account

Doomgaurd Additional doombolts

Ok so my question is does anyone know the math or actuall numbers behind how much haste is required per additional doombolt from your doomgaurd since it only scales off your base haste from gear? Because I'd imagine there would be several small soft haste caps for each individual doombolt and If I was close enough on haste to gain another single doombolt with cd's popped it would be a dps gain surely right ?

Made by dubbelbasse

The thing is that there's a bit of RNG on the number of casts, due to the AI random delay at summon, and in betwen casts, so a certain amount of haste wont guarantee an additional cast

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Alot of the maths I posted here is wrong, sorry ^^ Please see below posts.
    Last edited by Frewt; 2011-07-23 at 01:41 PM.

You know its just as easy as summoning your doomguard and targeting him to check his cast length?

Slightly off topic but I miss Nightfall procs giving Doomguard instant Doombolts. =[

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Doomguard doesn't benefit from Raid Haste% buffs like DI and Moonkin Aura so my spreadsheet is wrong in the unbuffed Haste Values required for extra casts, though you can look at the Raid% column to see how much Haste% you'd need unbuffed for that extra cast instead.

---

Hmm yeah just checked in game. With 1993 Haste he had a cast time of ~2.6s which corresponds with the results in my spreadsheet (15.38% total Haste required for 2.6s casts, I had 15.56%).

So does this mean my Doomguard, as Demo, should be casting 25 Doom Bolts (my Haste is enough for a 4th additional Cast) but the AI is so terrible he only ever casts 20?

That kinda sucks.
    Last edited by Frewt; 2011-07-23 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Werds

Quote Originally Posted by Frewt View Post
    So does this mean my Doomguard, as Demo, should be casting 25 Doomguards.
    this would be SO UNBELIEVABLY AWSOME. brb speccing demo
    Last edited by Sirjeize; 2011-07-23 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A man can dream.

Btw here's the new spreadsheet with better figures:

http://i.imgur.com/I5Qcq.png

Notice how there is "supposed" to be another Doom Bolt cast at 1970 Haste Rating for Demo and alot of Demo Warlocks stick to 1993 Haste for the Corruption tick, so that's nice.

Shame the Doomguard never actually seems to make use of this though.
    Last edited by Frewt; 2011-07-23 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I keep replacing Doom Bolt with Doomguard for some inexplicable reason >_>