Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol... i'm from brazil and i'm not playing on those realms even if blizzard gives me free wow forever...

Anybody else wanna hear Sylvanas' Brazilian accent?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the spanish version, they did the same thing.. Ashen Verdict = El Veredicto Cinéreo , Sylvanas Windrunner = Sylvanas Brisaveloz its just wrong imo, names, factions and items should stay with the same name.

imo there probably wont be a 5th expansion

as a Brazilian gamer, I am TERRIFIED by the translation work they have done. Stormwind became Angrywind. Outland became "Landyond", as in some stupid combination of "land" and "beyond", and Stormrage became..."Storage"(yes, they actually picked "storm" and "rage" and mashed the two words together, cutting out the end of "storm")

I seriously don't know what's wrong with Blizzard's brazillian translation team, but they suck pretty damn hard.

and that's just because we only have like 8 translated in-game screenshots, I am honestly scared of what they're gonna do to Maiev's and Tyrande's surnames, to mention only a few things that worry me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

What we dont have is names composed of a word and a verb. But instead of leaving it alone, the made up names with a word and verb, and that what we got, Corre (run) ventos (wind)It does sound really bad. Some words not so much, but they took a more classic D&D approach when translating. Or a roleplayerish use of words. It works in english, because you have a much older language than us. In portuguese, it just sounds retarded. Like Icecrown, its kind if instead of using Crown, Blizzard used a 500 year old obscure word instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by planetchips View Post
    Anybody else wanna hear Sylvanas' Brazilian accent?
    Heh.

Watch it sound really out of place.

Someone has a word on French translation, as Portuguese, French and Spanish all are derivated from Latin, it should be really bad too.

What they should have done is leaving all names, characters and places alike, alone, but since they didn't do that, the least they could do is actually translate things right. Windrunner does not translate into "correvento", that's portuguese for "runwind"... "Corredor do Vento"(or "corredora", since they're all females) would be more appropriate, albeit still just as retarded.

Well if that slate is true, we can expect a loaded Blizzcon. I'm sure some of those things got delayed, but merely the general intent of releasing the next WoW expansion in early 2012 and Heart of the Swarm at the end of 2011 means that they have got a lot of ground to cover.

Diablo 3 couldnt come out quick enough.... I am dying for this game.

With wows addiction and massive hold on me the only game that will draw me away from its clutches is D3....

It better be everything and more than i expect, a truly epic game

You obviously don't know what the point of a translation is, so you really shouldn't criticize it. If you want the original names just don't download the PT-Br language pack, it's optional.

The most important thing here is that we're getting a very good price for the subscription, R$ (BRL) 15,00 (or ~ US$ 9,65), with a multitude of methods of payment, and, if you choose to play in a Brazilian realm (you won't have to), there will be portuguese in-game support. So there is no reason to be complaining, it is all win-win for Brazilian wow players.

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    What does correventos even translated into if theres no wind or storm
    It would be something like 'runwinds', and yeah it's weird.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    the translaton is n germany exactly all names factions citys are translated this is a 5 Year big fail an dbliizard will not change this thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Will brazilian players that choose not to play on brazilian realms and/or use the language pack be able to pay in BRL? I like my realm and playing in English is a great way of improving my English so I don't want to play on a different realm nor use the language pack.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurak View Post
    the translaton is n germany exactly all names factions citys are translated this is a 5 Year big fail an dbliizard will not change this thing
    i got a whisper from 'dbliizard' once. said he found something wrong with my wow. put him on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    Will brazilian players that choose not to play on brazilian realms and/or use the language pack be able to pay in BRL? I like my realm and playing in English is a great way of improving my English so I don't want to play on a different realm nor use the language pack.
    Yes. Check it out: us.blizzard.com/pt-br/company/events/wow-brazil.html

If the product slate is true, this is going to be one hell of a Blizzcon. Info on Diablo 3, Heart of the Swarm and the fourth WoW expansion were already a given, but they'll probably have info on whatever Starcraft 2: Phoenix and Battlenet 3rd-party are as well. This is shaping up to be the biggest Blizzcon ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaburu View Post
    Yes. Check it out: us.blizzard.com/pt-br/company/events/wow-brazil.html
    Great, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember the w3 spanish traslation, Awesome job there, without fucking up the names of characters and citys i mean you dont traslate Neil Armstrong to neil brazofuerte.... is Just armstrong... wtf is wrong with blizz translations