Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Build me a PC for £800

Hi Folks.....

I'm looking for a WoW pc (I currently only have a 4 yr old laptop) gets maybe 2fps anywhere if i'm lucky....

i've got £750 - £800 to spend on it.

need any other info just ask.

o umnm don't need a screen or peripherals etc... I can ninja those off my dad's old machine.

• How old is dad's comp? If it hasn't got an LCD I'd sincerely recommend adding it to the mix...
    • Will you need the OS, or do you have other cheap or free sources for it? (Ie student discounts, etc.)
    • Do you intend to build the computer yourself, or have it put together by someone else?

Deleted
    its a old 22" samsung lcd dunno the model. (maybe 6 or 7 years?)
    I can get win7 pro free from uni
    I can build it myself :-)

thanks

Deleted
    800 pounds is around 1,3k US dollars

I'll just redirect you to the awesome thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    800 pounds is around 1,3k US dollars
    No, in computer parts money 800 pounds is 800 dollars. Americans get their parts far cheaper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    No, in computer parts money 800 pounds is 800 dollars. Americans get their parts far cheaper.
    Ah, forgot about that...

Anyways, the link i provided should give you all the information you'll need.

Oh, and ding 3k posts

Deleted
    Some other questions then

1. Do you intend to overclock your PC?

2. What aesthetics do you like? Do you like gamer type looking cases, such as this one or a sleeker design such as this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Some other questions then

1. Do you intend to overclock your PC?

2. What aesthetics do you like? Do you like gamer type looking cases,
    umm... never overclocked anything before... but if it'll get me more performance for less money sure!
    yes I like gamer gear ^^

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Ah, forgot about that...

Anyways, the link i provided should give you all the information you'll need.

Oh, and ding 3k posts
    so id be looking at the 700 build then?

Deleted
    You could probably push it to the 1k build.

Deleted
    Ps the haf out of the two... it looks better and its cheaper!

10+ Year Old Account
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Deleted
    An option from Scan.

Includes a midrange gamer looking case. Decent features as well. Should make building your PC simple enough

Doesn't include a heatsink, since i'm guessing you won't be overclocing straight away.

Strong graphics card if you want to play GPU heavy games which are being released over the horizon.

You could downgrade a few items if you want to, if you want to go below the £800 budget. However that system should last you for some time.

Deleted
    wow that scan site is hard to use....

---------- Post added 2011-07-22 at 01:12 PM ----------

seriously? they don't have a free delivery option?!

Using Scan.co.uk
    MSI P67A-G45
    Intel i5 2500k
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LP (low profile)
    MSI HD 6870 Twin Frozr II
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    Pioneer 24x DVD+RW x8/-RW x6
    Coolermaster HAF 912
    Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair HX650

Total price: 779.35 pounds.

Notes:
    I chose the HAf 912 because it's a rock-solid "high-end" case for the budget-man.
    As I understand it's spacious for its case size and well-suited for first-timers.

The NH-D14 will be massive, so I went and found the LP versions of Corsair Vengeance.

A modular PSU was chosen because, to be fucking honest, I goddamn hate cable clutter.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-07-22 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Using Scan.co.uk
    MSI P67A-G45
    Intel i5 2500k
    8GB Corsair Vengeance LP (low profile)
    MSI HD 6870 Twin Frozr II
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    Pioneer 24x DVD+RW x8/-RW x6
    Coolermaster HAF 912
    Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair HX650

Total price: 779.35 pounds.

Notes:
    I chose the HAf 912 because it's a rock-solid "high-end" case for the budget-man.
    As I understand it's spacious for its case size and well-suited for first-timers.

The NH-D14 will be massive, so I went and found the LP versions of Corsair Vengeance.

A modular PSU was chosen because, to be fucking honest, I goddamn hate cable clutter.
    how does the 6870 compare to the 560ti?

i asked about a new comp i buying and what drunken has said is roughly what ive been told - same cpu, same ram just a different MB/gfx and psu and mine comes to about 800 so i would go with what these guys are saying tbh

Deleted
    question... if I did want a new screen (same budget) what could you do?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Push your budget up by another £150?
    BenQ EW2420 would be my suggestion
    Those PC specs are about what you want to go for as things stand, peripherals would be extra imo

Quote Originally Posted by SunShineDaisyButterMellow View Post
    how does the 6870 compare to the 560ti?
    I can't say I have any distinct source to tell you how the Twin Frozr versions compare (as they easily outdo their reference versions usually), but the listed ones here have it breathing down the neck of the 560ti.

In practical terms you won't notice a darn difference. I wouldn't be so concerned one way or the other.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-07-22 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    i actually have a similar price range and this is the build i will buying soon if it interests you. it's a little over £800 at £820, but totally worth it in my opinion.

edit: oh yeah, i have a HDD already and i never use an optical drive, hence there not being either. if you don't have those though it would be a little over budget i guess...