Thread: 2 Questions

2 Questions

Hey guys I love this forum!! It has helped me tremendously!

My 2 questions are simple.

1. Should I be channeling drain soul for its entire cast or stop it short to refresh haunt?

2. When exactly should I clip UA? Should I wait until it nearly falls off? And also I should be casting hAunt off cool down correct?

Deleted
    1. Draining for the whole spell would be a mistake considering how long it is! you should get an addon (I use gnosis) that shows you when your DS will tick, at that point you should recast Haunt/anything else (SB every 30secs if needed)

2. clip UA in the last 2 or so seconds, to guarantee 100% uptime

3. with Haunt, it currently does more damage per cast time (dpct) than Shadowbolt, that being said, dont interrupt a cast just because haunt came off cooldown (except drain soul obviously).. So simply, cast haunt as soon as you can without compromising other spells.

Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Wellaimed View Post
    Hey guys I love this forum!! It has helped me tremendously!

My 2 questions are simple.

1. Should I be channeling drain soul for its entire cast or stop it short to refresh haunt?
    You want to stop channeling Drain Soul after a tick, quartz will help you manage this. The idea is to get the most out of your Drain Soul, while still keeping Haunt up.

2. When exactly should I clip UA? Should I wait until it nearly falls off?
    Clip UA right before it falls off, to get the most out of your DoTs.
    3. And also I should be casting hAunt off cool down correct?
    The idea is to guarantee Haunt has 100% uptime, while maximizing your other spell usage... Basically, cast it so that it lands right as the previous Haunt buff is about to fall off of your target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasmatus View Post
    You want to stop channeling Drain Soul after a tick, quartz will help you manage this.
    Quartz will not help at all, in fact it will gimp your dps because the tick prediction does
    not update to reflect your current haste values.

I don't use quartz anyways. I can just use my scrolling combat text to watch for the tick then refresh my haunt or shadow bolt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohack View Post
    Quartz will not help at all, in fact it will gimp your dps because the tick prediction does
    Hence I really recommend Gnosis (at least for the cast bar) as it updates realtime with your current haste levels, including all tempory buffs.

So much easier than staring at scrolling numbers as you can only guess at which is your drain soul tick (lots of abilities of mine/my pets hit for similar figures of drain soul)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohack View Post
    Hm, so my hunch was right... was always trying to find the big numbers that went with the "displayed" ticks for DS

Mike scrolling combat text is amazing for seeing my damage. But I will check out gnosis as well