Poll: you think:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

my PC is 6 years old!! what do you think?!

so I bought my PC 6 years ago and still my father dont accept to change it! :P
    what do you think about my pc? isnt it an epic fail? it has 2.5 gig RAM
    I cant even play call of duty: black ops!
    tell what do you think about my pc ( and maybe something to make my father change it lol )

please DO NOT troll here , just a friendly chat.

thank you.

Deleted
    You only state the RAM of your PC, and that's quite.... not fulcral at all. While obviously RAM is important, I'm curious to know what's your CPU and GPU. Anyway, I know how you feel and believe me you're not in a worse situation then I ever was. I had a Computer for 11 years. The thing is, it was a TOP PC by his time, so he kept allowing me playing games till 2010 + -, and that's when I got my new laptop for programming / University which is much better and I can play much better. My old PC had a Pentium 4 3.0, which at its time launch was VERY VERY good. I could still play WoW WOTLK and StarCraft II (all low) although raiding in WoW was quite hard. I couldn't play Cataclysm there cause its hard drive had 49 GB on the C partition, and 25,6 GB on D, so as you can see, that Pc was a hero to survive 11 years . My CPU was always on 90ºC while playing, it was overheating but hey, it's INTEL, and that's why I love INTEL, it didn't burn and it's still running nice and sexy

Obviously I don't play on it anymore :>

My opinion on that? Gief a few more stats of your PC and I'll give my two cents. But 6 years is quite a bit yes, and your example , Black Ops, well that game pushes a slight bit, it's not that bad that it doesn't run that game really.

it has enough hard space but problem is cpu is going to be old , and its not only the problem , take it on mind that 6 year work for a cpue can make it even harder to work.
    I dont have much problem at 10 mans raiding but on 25 man its about to crush lol. I dont see what is in front of me I jus tpush the spell keys!

10+ Year Old Account
    My PC from 2005 died about 2 months ago, and it was about time. I love my new PC. <3

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is six years old, the days of having a computer for 10+ years is over. Your needs have changed and thus the computer needs to change. You little to nothing for information about the computer but what it comes down to while it was purchased six years ago chances are the hardware inside of it are 1 to 2 years older than that.

I raid from a laptop circa 2005. 2 gigs of ram, Radeon X1600, and Core 2 2Ghz. I raid at 20 FPS. Sure I'd love to upgrade, but money is tight nowadays. As long as the raid kills keep coming in, I can't say I can complain. I can't play top-of-the-line games, but all I ever play is WoW, Counterstrike, and some old games like Heroes3.

I thought this thread said "Pic of my 6 year old!! What do you think?"

I was like "wat."
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I thought this thread said "Pic of my 6 year old!! What do you think?"

I was like "wat."

but what it comes down to while it was purchased six years ago chances are the hardware inside of it are 1 to 2 years older than that.
    I was tried to pick the best items for pc when I bought it. but still you are right , it must be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can, mines about 4-5 years old now. Its about due for an upgrade. Except I'm broke.

Deleted
    That depends.
    A PC that was high-range at its' time would do fine at six years old, a mid-range would lag a bit, and a super low-end like my previous one would completely melt away at that age.
    Now, by the 2.5gb ram, I can presume it's mid to high range. Mine had 256mb fyi.
    Full specs would be good, though. And don't you have money for parts on your own?
    (I tried to get my parents to buy me a new computer for years too, but in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a computer from my own money, and I'm happy with it. )
    Last edited by mmocb39a133b7e; 2011-07-23 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    That depends.
    A PC that was high-range at its' time would do fine at six years old, a mid-range would lag a bit, and a super low-end like my previous one would completely melt away at that age.
    Now, by the 2.5gb ram, I can presume it's mid to high range. Mine had 256mb fyi.
    Full specs would be good, though. And don't you have money for parts on your own?
    (I tried to get my parents to buy me a new computer for years too, but in the end, I bit the bullet and bought a computer from my own money, and I'm happy with it. )
    not sure , because dont have much money of my own :P
    I upgraded its hard drive last years , but hard isnt everything!
    I added 2 gig ram about 4 years ago , so if I gather my money it may take more than 10 months !

10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend actually used his computer from when he was 17 until recently (he's now 25). His computer just could NOT handle a random virus he got. It was truly a dinosaur. It worked "okay" though, I was surprised it didn't blow up and melt away.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    My old one had 1.5gb ram, radeon 9800, athlon 1.8ghz single core processor and 40gb HDD:P

Just changed it at christmas 2010. It wasn't that awful though as I got most of it done with it, I could even play WoW on medium with 30+ fps with it but in 25m raids it dropped to like 5-10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    tell what do you think about my pc ( and maybe something to make my father change it lol )
    Seen worse, really. Also, I have to agree with rest - you provided little to no info about the exact computer specs.
    As for your father "problem" - get a job and buy a new PC yourself. Can't? Then suck it up and don't whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

My computer was 8 years old before I replaced it :/

It worked ok till the 6th year, though. (With few upgrades)

Deleted
    I've got 2 computers, 1 Macbook that I use for gaming (Wait what? O_O) and a shit computer from like 2004 that I only use for browsing.

Specs of my old one

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, 2.2GHz
    512MB RAM
    I think a Radeon 9200 GFX card.

My previous PC was about 9 years old, I lagged big time in WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    My old one had 1.5gb ram, radeon 9800, athlon 1.8ghz single core processor and 40gb HDD:P

Just changed it at christmas 2010. It wasn't that awful though as I got most of it done with it, I could even play WoW on medium with 30+ fps with it but in 25m raids it dropped to like 5-10.
    My old one had 256mb ram, Some random nVidia integrated thing from 2002, and a Athlon 4000 singlecore at 2.4GHz.
    Be happy you had a graphics card, atleast xD
    Changed it august '10.

The one my dad uses was our family's first computer that we bought in 2000. I gave him my old laptop last year yet he still uses the old dinosaur.