Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yes, because Crysis and Crysis Warhead springs to mind as such huge failures in similiar conditions? : P Poorly optimised, perhaps, but lasted longer than expected because of it.
    As I recall it, Crysis failed horribly to pull money because nobody bought it due to the very steep requirements. And Crytek is not DICE. Check their games history and how they have done in the past.

Edit: http://www.techspot.com/news/28270-c...evelopers.html and http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ii-sales-bomb/
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-07-25 at 03:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    EA and DICE I believe have already expressed their intentions on retaking the PC-FPS market from CoD. Requiring their new game to have 'Crysis' like system requirements would already set themselves up for failure.

I believe it would make sense that if your computer handles BFBC2 on max settings now, you should be able to run those same settings at near high/max.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    EA and DICE I believe have already expressed their intentions on retaking the PC-FPS market from CoD. Requiring their new game to have 'Crysis' like system requirements would already set themselves up for failure.

I believe it would make sense that if your computer handles BFBC2 on max settings now, you should be able to run those same settings at near high/max.
    Err, I don't follow this logic.
    I'd say it'd be better for them to aim it more toward high high high-end systems.
    While making it playable on very low with systems that aren't.
    Also "Retaking PC-FPS"? :x I don't know of anyone who've actually played and enjoyed the CoD-series the last years.

I'm expecting medium to high settings at best, with an i5-760 and a HD6970.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err, I don't follow this logic.
    I'd say it'd be better for them to aim it more toward high high high-end systems.
    While making it playable on very low with systems that aren't.
    Also "Retaking PC-FPS"? :x I don't know of anyone who've actually played and enjoyed the CoD-series the last years.

I'm expecting medium to high settings at best, with an i5-760 and a HD6970.
    They're making it aim towards high end as well. There's a large disparity between playing Witcher 2 on high settings and max settings for example, I expect the same of BF3.

And CoD is pretty much the biggest FPS franchise out there, it still has a core gamer base that I believe EA/Dice want to grab onto with BF3.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    They're making it aim towards high end as well. There's a large disparity between playing Witcher 2 on high settings and max settings for example, I expect the same of BF3.

And CoD is pretty much the biggest FPS franchise out there, it still has a core gamer base that I believe EA/Dice want to grab onto with BF3.
    I've never heard of Witcher 2, except on people claiming it's hard-run.
    I also expect, and really really hope, that a single GTX580 isn't near enough to pull maxsettings.

I also hadn't heard of the CoD-series until six months ago, while everyone knows Battlefield. /shrug. Might be because DICE are Swedish and have a more widespread reputation here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of Witcher 2, except on people claiming it's hard-run.
    I also expect, and really really hope, that a single GTX580 isn't near enough to pull maxsettings.

I also hadn't heard of the CoD-series until six months ago, while everyone knows Battlefield. /shrug. Might be because DICE are Swedish and have a more widespread reputation here.
    Yeah, that definitely sounds more like a geography thing. It's quite the opposite over here afaik.

15+ Year Old Account
    rofl, i'm running a 920 i7 and a GTX 260 and BF:BF2 still runs at 60fps @ 1920x1080

of course i might need to buy a new card for BF3 (( my wallet hurts.
    Last edited by tet; 2011-07-25 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tet View Post
    rofl, i'm running a 920 i7 and a GTX 260 and BF:BF2 still runs at 60fps @ 1920x1080

of course i might need to buy a new card for BF3 (( my wallet hurts.
    Not really a comparison since your GTX 260 can't do DirectX 11
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Not really a comparison since your GTX 260 can't do DirectX 11
    BF:BC2 does not run on dx11. It runs on an upscaled dx9 engine. Look it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tet View Post
    BF:BC2 does not run on dx11. It runs on an upscaled dx9 engine. Look it up.
    Except it does run with DirectX11 using minor Shader 5.0 support. It doesn't utilize it completely, no but it does use it.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/battlefield-bad-company-2-directx-11-details-/

See? Why don't you properly look it up.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-07-26 at 04:32 AM.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Except it does run with DirectX11 using minor Shader 5.0 support. It doesn't utilize it completely, no but it does use it.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/battlefield-bad-company-2-directx-11-details-/

See? Why don't you properly look it up.
    Whoa calm down, either way the game is not completely optimized for it so why bother bringing it up? My point was that it doesn't require high end specs by today standards as BF3 will.