Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What about yourself are you most proud of?

A simple question. It can be anything, your charming looks, your big .. erm, feet, some of your skills (like playing quitar), even your wealth or your husband or your wife.

With me, I think the ability to always stay out of harms way and neutral. I have never done any stupid stunts and when there are fights between friends or family members, I'm always the neutral side who can manipulate them into making peace or fighting more.

Deleted
    My car.
    Pimped out Mazda 323f BA

How much i deviate from those my of age, i.e. ~20.

Ive yet to find one who would enjoy debating something so broad as life or so narrow as religion, rather than... clothing or weekly affairs? Where is the fun in those?

What am I most proud of? My accomplishments to date gives me a good sense of pride. A Veteran of the US Army, Married for 10 years (next month), Employed with the same company for four years. I've studied in human relations and personal development quite extensively and am quite effective as a mediator to my employees.

Is there one thing that I am proud of the most? I would have to say my sons. I'm far from being a perfect parent, but I think they are turning out quite well!

Deleted
    -My strong sense of self-awareness..
    -Somewhat secured future
    -I am proud of having the urge of learning more about psychology
    -Having the strength to set myself free from obnoxious false ideas like patriotism and religion, even though I lived in this environment
    -90% Introverted and I will stay like that. I am proud of not needing to be around anyone at any point in this life
    -I am an expert of staying out of trouble
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-07-26 at 02:44 PM.

My sense of morale. In a world where a lot of stupid things happen I'm not one to do them. Though I guess common sense would be grouped in with that to.

My positives are:

-High physical pain threshold
    -Very loyal
    -Hopeful and I never give up on something that I feel is important
    -Tactful
    -Hopeless romantic

Negatives:

-Lazy
    -Absent minded
    -I Feel emotions very deeply and have a lot of trouble coping with the negative ones
    -Somewhat insecure
    -Impulsive

Deleted
    Positives:

- Extroverted
    - Joyful
    - Always happy, few are the things that will keep a smile away from my face
    - Romantic
    - Sweet (That's what she said trolololo)
    - Smart

Negatives:

- Lazy about studiyng, but non-lazy at everything else.
    - Too innocent.... and I tend to forgive everyone even if I was really mad at them (this is very bad, gotta fix asap).
    - I'm really not into the feelings stuff... I face life headon and try to solve every issue without being dramatic. (Maybe the 2º part is positive, but not being into the feelings stuff ain't really good with the gals).
    - Games are a must in my life... they were in the past, they are at the moment, and they will always be. I need my diary "injection'' of gaming to live my life decently.
    - I can be arrogant to some people, and I absolutely hate big masses of ppl, which means I'm always away from social events. (Other then Futebol/Gaming events).

That's it + - :P

I thought really hard and realized that there is nothing I've done that I can honestly say I'm proud of.

Sucks to be me I guess.

Edit: I was in a bad mood when I wrote my post, after a glass of coke and something to chew on I figured something out; I'm probably most proud of my music collection.

There, guess being me doesn't suck so much after all, take that past me.
    Last edited by -Scarecrow-; 2011-07-26 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    Positives:

- Extroverted

Negatives:

I'm always away from social events. (Other then Futebol/Gaming events).
    Wtf????????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Wtf????????
    I don't go to Social Events because I DON'T LIKE them, not because of any fear or for being shy, because I'm extroverted.

Extroverted means I'm friendly and I'm open to meeting various kinds of people and that I talk a lot, which is true.

L2 distinguish Extroverted from some sort of Anti-Social (if that's even the right word here).

L2 distinguish Extroverted from some sort of Anti-Social (if that's even the right word here).
    Actually... what he's saying is correct. You're trying to say you're friendly, not extroverted.

Deleted
    I'm a fat failure, I'm not proud at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenka View Post
    Actually... what he's saying is correct. You're trying to say you're friendly, not extroverted.
    An Extroverted person doesn't mean he's social. Introverted = Shy, Extroverted = Non Shy, that's what I mean here. Got it?

Deleted
    I don't go to Social Events because I DON'T LIKE them, not because of any fear or for being shy, because I'm extroverted.

Extroverted means I'm friendly and I'm open to meeting various kinds of people and that I talk a lot, which is true.

The opposite of extroversion is not shyness, it's introversion. Introverted does not equal shy, and extroverted is not the opposite of shy. Shyness is a whole different thing.

While introverted people can be shy, that rule does not apply to everyone, with me being a living example. I don't like socializing too much, and I don't like small talk, but I am not shy. Extroverted people can be shy too, and it can be an emotional blast to them because they feel the need to socialize but they cannot do it, since they are shy. Introverted people don't really suffer from this too much, but will get the same difficulties in life.

The dislike of socializing comes from a sensation of "being drained", and an introvert must recharge himself by being alone for a bit. You said you are an extrovert. You must feel terrible when you are alone for an extended period of time. An introvert will get that anxious feeling when he is around people for too much, and he will get a good feeling and "recharge" himself when he is alone. The brain is just wired differently.

And I believe that the correct world might be "asocial", if you don't like to socialize. Anti-social means that you are completely against socializing.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-07-26 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    W/e man, keep your ideas.

Just a guess... but I bet you're not proud of your dictionary collection.

Deleted
    What I said are not ideas, but facts. Psychology is a science, and those are the facts presented by it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenka View Post
    Just a guess... but I bet you're not proud of your dictionary collection.
    I am Portuguese and as such, my pick of words shouldn't be that perfect. I'm pretty good in English, good enough to talk to people and understand my area - PC's. So thanks for the compliment

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    What I said are not ideas, but facts. Psychology is a science, and those are the facts presented by it.
    They are ideas. They are facts for you because you think you are right. For me they're nothing more then simple ideas/arguments which I don't really CARE. So please end it and let's keep on-topic. I don't like discussing foolish crap. (I still think I'm correct, and little to nothing you say will change my mind hence why I say FORGET it).
    Last edited by mmoc25e376576d; 2011-07-26 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    I am Portuguese and as such, my pick of words shouldn't be that perfect. I'm pretty good in English, good enough to talk to people and understand my area - PC's. So thanks for the compliment

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 07:24 PM ----------

They are ideas. They are facts for you because you think you are right. For me they're nothing more then simple ideas/arguments which I don't really CARE. So please end it and let's keep on-topic. I don't like discussing foolish crap. (I still think I'm correct, and little to nothing you say will change my mind hence why I say FORGET it).
    You really don't know what a science is, don't you? It comes from the word "scientia" which means KNOWLEDGE, not IDEA.

I don't think that I'm right. I know I'm right because there is evidence for what I claim. Not caring about something also does not remove it from existence and make it untrue. You speak about stuff you don't understand and not want to know about, after that you claim that I have no idea what I speak about and then you "don't care" anymore. What the hell is your age?

Take some psychology classes and you will understand what extroversion and introversion means. If you really think that not being extroverted makes you shy, you really must be one because you really are an obnoxious, ignorant and "speak before you think" lot.

You keep believing what you want, but the facts are there and I see them very clearly.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-07-26 at 07:43 PM.