Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing HM baleroc 10

I am looking for advice healing this fight as a resto druid. We are two healing this (do not have dps for 3 healing).

We have only put in like 10 attempts on this so far but I am starting to see some problems that I am not sure to overcome.

We have me healing the tank for the first shard while the paladin gets big stacks from a spriest dispersing up to 25. He is then switching to the tank and I am then switching to shard healing for the next two crystals. I am able to get ~40 stacks from the spriest when his stacks get high by calling for tank cooldowns. Healing the dps player seems to be pretty hit and miss, and often the player will die if they don't have a personal cooldown. I first tried stacking lifeblooms on the player at the start of their stacks, but I would fall behind because of the gcd on lifebloom, and they would die anyway. I resorted to just RJing and then spamming healing touch, but that too would sometimes fail and they would die at ~12. I didn't really try RG spam as mana seemed to be pretty tight already and I was afraid if I relied on this strategy I would not last through the fight.

The plan is for me and the paladin to switch every two crystals.

After the 10 attempts I have two problems:

I cannot figure out the optimal way to heal the dps taking the crystal. We are cycling crystals between two players. Should we attempt to cycle 3 players? This leads me into my next problem...

I haven't been able to see if this is an actual problem since we have yet to get far enough to see. After my two crystals are done and I am switching to the tank. On my best attempt where I got a decent amount of stacks from the spriest, I got to ~85 when it was my turn to heal the tank. We decided this point because this is when the paladin felt his stacks weren't good enough to continue keeping the tank up - however the paladin was getting to around 85 stacks from the spriest, which means if I was to switch to tank at that moment I probably wouldn't be able to keep up (since he said he was starting to have trouble at the same stacks). So obviously I am not getting my stacks quick enough due to the fact that healing touch spam seems to be my only good bet, but HT is terrible for building stacks. What should I do to get stacks faster while maintaining high hps on target? Getting the 3x rejuv nourish speed doesn't seem to be an option at all because it just doesn't heal for enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    tell your dps to do better and get a 3rd healer. That is all.
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

ToL regrowth spam.

Deleted
    Think it should be 2 healable but not with a druid as one of them. You need burst healing here and need to be able to gather sparks fast. Get a 3rd healer. If you're having trouble pushing the timer, this is where you start using prepotting.

This is very unhelpful feedback. The dps cannot "do better" because they are limited by their gear. The fight is definitely two healable, and its two healable with a druid - there are a ton of logs to prove it. The problem is I cannot analyze these logs to see what healing strategy they used, as its very clear that a very specific rotation is needed because the room for error is very small.

If you don't have anything that is relevant to what I am asking please don't respond. My question is about healing strategies for this fight as a druid 2 healing - not about their viability or the suggested raid comp.

Deleted
    If its two healable with druid healer, then go check WoL logs for healing strategy they used. You can see debuffs healers/players got on timeline by clicking #-mark near debuff, so you easily see how they did switches, amount of stacks, how many soakers etc. Use Log Browser if you want to see how that druid healer healed torment target. Are your soaker dps using TB trinket? That could be one way to make it lot less hard to heal.

Pop BL in the beginning. Let your shadow priest tank the first shard for all 25 stacks. Make him use magic resist potion and dont forget to use master aura from your paladin.
    You will get 90-110 Vital Sparks from first crystall. Just spam regrows as fast as you can.
    100+ sparks is enough for you to solo heal tank for the next 3.5+ minutes.
    Let your paladin heal raid and get Vital sparks. He will have to help you to heal blades when tank gets 1kk+ HP. He will have at least 150 sparks by this time and his healing with all CDs will be really powerfull. You should help with raid healing here and there, he should help you with tank healing.

I totally love this boss as healer Its so much fun!

Sadly enough, its not that fun in 25man ;(

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Pop BL in the beginning. Let your shadow priest tank the first shard for all 25 stacks. Make him use magic resist potion and dont forget to use master aura from your paladin.
    You will get 90-110 Vital Sparks from first crystall. Just spam regrows as fast as you can.
    100+ sparks is enough for you to solo heal tank for the next 3.5+ minutes.
    Let your paladin heal raid and get Vital sparks. He will have to help you to heal blades when tank gets 1kk+ HP. He will have at least 150 sparks by this time and his healing with all CDs will be really powerfull. You should help with raid healing here and there, he should help you with tank healing.

I totally love this boss as healer Its so much fun!

Sadly enough, its not that fun in 25man ;(
    We have sort of been doing that except the paladin was the one getting the huge vital spark first from spriest. We attempted to use some sort of strategy to allow both of us to get huge stacks but the tank damage is far too high to allow the tank to go without heals for very long. My best attempt is to call for tank cooldowns when the priest gets to 15 and then attempt to spam as many RG on the priest as I can in that 10 second window, which is still pretty risky.

ToL first crystal for regrowth spam(and swiftmend). Taunt is a ranged ability now, if your tanks aren't bad they'll have enough threat lead to juggle boss without dps pulling off while your 2 healers take advantage of their optimised stacking time.

Deleted
    I 2-healed this with a Paladin and didn't have much problems. Important thing is to get enough stacks during the first crystal; we both got around 65-70 with the help of a Shadow Priest. That makes the rest of the fight so much easier, as you don't have to worry about stacks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    ToL first crystal for regrowth spam(and swiftmend). Taunt is a ranged ability now, if your tanks aren't bad they'll have enough threat lead to juggle boss without dps pulling off while your 2 healers take advantage of their optimised stacking time.
    Tanks? What are you talking about? Its absolutely impossible in current gear to kill boss with 2 tanks. If you have enough dps you should take third healer instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kaarlos View Post
    I 2-healed this with a Paladin and didn't have much problems. Important thing is to get enough stacks during the first crystal; we both got around 65-70 with the help of a Shadow Priest. That makes the rest of the fight so much easier, as you don't have to worry about stacks so much.
    So when you are both spamming the first crystal, who is healing the tank? We have already determined the tank cannot live long enough with cooldowns, at best our tank can survive ~10 seconds without heals with all cooldowns rolling. I have been trying to take advantage of that, hitting the priest when he gets to about 15 and trying to get as many as possible.

Also my problem is actual healing the dps on the crystal. Do druids just resort to RG spam since it is the highest hps spell? Should I bother trying to stack lifeblooms on the dps player at the beginning of their stacks? RJ + healing touch spam only works on a dps player with a survivability cooldown. Our rogue would consistently die at 11-12 stacks when I was healing them because healing touch was just not enough hps. Swiftmend is not reliable as it is not available on every other soak. Is RG spam really sustainable at 372 ilvl? Should I reforge to a high spirit build?

Keep in mind this is heroic mode...and its a lot different than normal....The incoming damage is no joke.

Again, my main issues are getting stacks quickly at the start while somehow keeping the tank up at the same time, and healing dps soakers while not going oom. The tank taunt strategy is pretty clever. I am sure the poster was referring to having just a dps player at range who taunts back and forth, though I am not sure if it is worth the bloodlusted dps loss. It would certainly make tank healing far easier (since you would basically skip all those stacks during that time frame).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    tell your dps to do better and get a 3rd healer. That is all.
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsis View Post
    Pretty much this
    Well DPS is limited by our gear level and RNG of loot drops. i doubt the skill of the dps is a factor in this since essentially its a patchwerk fight for them. We aren't just going to "give up" on a boss that is fully doable with two healers just to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Tanks? What are you talking about? Its absolutely impossible in current gear to kill boss with 2 tanks. If you have enough dps you should take third healer instead.
    So you can't kill it by using 2 tanks and 2 healers where the 2nd tank is doing decent DPS, but you can kill it with 1 tank and 3 healers? As far as I've heard, 10 man baleroc DPS requirements are really low, you could probably go 2 tanks 3 healers if your dps were good.

The dps requirements for 10 man, assuming your tank does ~10k dps is 26k from each player in a 1 tank/2 heal setup. Unless you started this tier maxed out in previous tier 372 loot, this isn't exactly the easiest requirement unless you got very lucky in the drops from the last 3 weeks. Most of us started this tier ~362 ilvl, with most of us sitting around 370 right now. Last tiers maximum theoretical dps in full 372 BiS has the median class at ~27k. Given that most of us haven't even hit these stat levels now, nor do we stack the best dps classes because we are a 10 man and we go with who we have, the dps requirement isn't as "really low" as you would contend it is.

I've already made it pretty clear that this is our setup for the fight. People responding with shit like "get better dps" - you are not providing any helpful information at all. Do you seriously think we haven't considered this? If that was a possibility I wouldn't have even made this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does healing from Beacon of Light on tank give you the debuff that makes it impossible to gain stacks from healing a tormented DPS?

after you guys have enough stacks and it becomes less imprtant have 1 dps taking 2-3 stacks of every crystal. this person shouldnt die from 3 stacks even with the 250% extra shadow damage

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    I am able to get ~40 stacks from the spriest when his stacks get high by calling for tank cooldowns.
    Not sure if I understood it correctly but if someone gets torment stack high you should get more than 40 stacks of the buff. I took 24 torment stacks and the healer healing me got 93 stacks of the buff with BL. Should be possible to get more than 40 stacks even if the spriest is taking a few less stacks and u don't have BL (which you should have for half your first crystal).

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Not sure if I understood it correctly but if someone gets torment stack high you should get more than 40 stacks of the buff. I took 24 torment stacks and the healer healing me got 93 stacks of the buff with BL. Should be possible to get more than 40 stacks even if the spriest is taking a few less stacks and u don't have BL (which you should have for half your first crystal).
    I cannot heal the shadow priest for their entire duration of torment. Somebody has to heal the tank. The best that I can do is have the tank cooldown for the last 10 seconds of the first torment while I switch to healing the priest. In this 10 second window, I am able to pick up ~40 stacks.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-07-28 at 02:47 AM.