Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but 'so'?

If you hav ~3 hunters in 25m, couldn't you just have each of them bring a tenacity pet.

Slash 1: Pet #1 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 2: Pet #2taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 3: Pet #3 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 4: Pet #1 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 5: Pet #2 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 6: Pet #3 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing

Where's the problem in this?

(Note: We've killed this boss succesfully on 25m several times now using a proper raid-cd strategy, nothing funky with priests, Pala tanks or GS's or anything of the sort.... I'm just wondering if this strategy wouldn't make things a LOT easier, as it pretty much removes teh need for healers during the scorpion phase 0_o)
    problem is the 1min cd on taunt. but yes I think that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but 'so'?

If you hav ~3 hunters in 25m, couldn't you just have each of them bring a tenacity pet.

Slash 1: Pet #1 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 2: Pet #2taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 3: Pet #3 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 4: Pet #1 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 5: Pet #2 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing
    Slash 6: Pet #3 taunts, dies, hunter starts ressing

Where's the problem in this?

(Note: We've killed this boss succesfully on 25m several times now using a proper raid-cd strategy, nothing funky with priests, Pala tanks or GS's or anything of the sort.... I'm just wondering if this strategy wouldn't make things a LOT easier, as it pretty much removes teh need for healers during the scorpion phase 0_o)

the hunters can speed it up by speccing 'heart of the phoenix' on their pets, instant rez once every 8 min.

that being said, you're probably better off learning the fight normally instead of relying on a gimmick like this.

This looks like the "way" to do it on heroic.

Karfagen vs Staghelm heroic 25
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIcUh...embedded#at=40

I was trying to find a list of his heroic-only abilities but since so few guilds are that far and with the servers down it seems that my fav sites are only listing the normal mode abilities/proposed strat.

I am not certain you can do this strat on normal 25, as above posters have said - the damage is split and there is a LOT of it.

@ the people saying pet tanking is OK

I play a warlock, I got to voidwalker tank 25man Sarth 3D. (never downed) It is COMPLETELY game breaking to have a pet with 90% aoe avoidance tanking something that was meant to be tanked by a player. They nerfed the voidwalker very soon after people started doing this. I wouldn't expect pet soaking/tanking to last very long here.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingforest View Post
    the hunters can speed it up by speccing 'heart of the phoenix' on their pets, instant rez once every 8 min.

that being said, you're probably better off learning the fight normally instead of relying on a gimmick like this.
    Only Tenacity pets have Taunt and those pets don't have HotP in their talent trees.

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#0R
    Last edited by aarjun; 2011-07-26 at 03:30 PM.

Good to know they've removed all these strategies.

Not stacking for the Sythe will give him a massive energy boost, meaning the next one's coming that much faster. All you'll do is increase his Adreneline and the chance of you wiping without gaining a large DPS increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceria View Post
    Good to know they've removed all these strategies.

Not stacking for the Sythe will give him a massive energy boost, meaning the next one's coming that much faster. All you'll do is increase his Adreneline and the chance of you wiping without gaining a large DPS increase.
    I agree it's a shame they removed these strategies

Deleted
    Not really, a strategy of 1 cleave on tank+shadowpriests - 7 jumps - repeat is still viable.

15+ Year Old Account
    looks like they have at least 3 rogues (5 in total) at a time feint soaking as well as Hand of Sac, PS, other damage reduction CDs.