Deleted

Building a new PC - need help

Hi there guys,

first, I am from germany so my nativ language isn't english so please read it only if you can see over some mistakes in spelling and grammar

The Story:

So I found an broken MacPro (Late 2008) on a garage sale like thing for about 100€ (140$) so I bought it because the case looked pretty (scratch free no bumps or anything like that). So I don't know wich part or parts are broken and I don't know how to get it to work but .. Whatever I want to build a PC inside the case. So i am reading the "Setup of the month" topics since .. ya .. since their existence and I tought about building my own custom setup for quite a while now and with the purchase of that case I guess I am ready?

So first of all - is it possible or shall i get an oter case, something new from e.g. amazon

If possible ->
    I need advices .... lets say I am willing to put up to .. uhm .. 1.000€(1.500$) into the new pats (or 1.500€ (2.150$) if you can convince me with whatever reason you have) for a decent gaming machine.

So if you guys can help me out i would appreciate it.

I was thinking about changing the logo of the apple on the sides of the case into somthing .. more appealing any guesses? I tought about a somting decently lit from the inside or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

so long

dark

Deleted
    Wait, are you trying to rebuild a Mac(book?) Pro to a gaming PC?

I am kind of confused as to what you want us to do. I would suggest just building a $1000-1600 machine without that Mac's case and w/e. Start from scratch.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    Wait, are you trying to rebuild a Mac(book?) Pro to a gaming PC?
    It's either that or he got a iMac...but with that wording I'm thinking he got what you said...

Deleted
    Wait, are you trying to rebuild a MacPro to a gaming PC?
    Yes exactly!

I am kind of confused as to what you want us to do. I would suggest just building a $1000-1600 machine without that Mac's case and w/e. Start from scratch.
    I would prefare not to do that and use the taht case

I got this case Link: -> macinthebox - images/products/Mac Pro.jpg and took all the hardware out and want to build a gaming pc inside.

How many posts do i need to post links and make it easyer for all of us :S
    Last edited by mmoc779ef57cda; 2011-07-26 at 01:04 PM.

1000Euro lets see

I5 2500K
    Asus p8p67 Pro/Maximus Gene-z (Gene-z is a M-atx board but it has all the features his big brother got except the extra pci-e Slots)
    4gb G.skill/Corsair Vengeance Ram
    Thermalright silverarrow/Noctua NH-D14
    GTX 570 (Msi/EVGA)
    2TB WD Black Caviar + 60gb Corsair F series (If your using the Maximus gene-z)
    Or 90GB Corsair F series + 2 TB WD Green Caviar
    Corsair AX 650W

Good gaming build runs everything on Max at 30fps+ on 1 Screen (Taking the lowest possible fps here from Metro 2033)

1500Euro

I5 2500k
    Asus p8p67 Pro/Maximus Gene-z
    8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    Thermalright silverarrow/Noctua NH-D14
    ATI 6990 or ATI 6970 CF
    2TB WD Green Caviar+ 120GB Corsair Force GT(The red ones)
    Corsair ax 850

Awesome Gaming pc runs everything atleast at 40-50fps+ (Metro 2033). Will last for quiet some time

1500 Euro Isnt 2150 Dollar because everything is compared to Eu cheaper
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-07-26 at 01:36 PM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!