Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Majordomo 10man Help

Hello, so tonight my raiding guild is set to go up against majordomo I was wondering a couple things, most of the information I can find on him is just people saying how much of a pushover he is and how undertooned the fight is on 10man. I have the strat down and know the fight I am talking about tips and tricks to help with the fight, is there anything I should know ahead of time such as how many stacks to let him get in each form.

Our 2 top dps is a feral druid and a rogue both push 22-24k on a regular fight, how much will their dps be affected?

Is it worth having pet classes put pets on passive during scoripian phase to help soak some of the damage?

Our other dps is a mage and 2 hunters, our off tank has a warlock that he will be switching to, both hunters push 20k and our warlock does 18ish are these numbers high enough? 50Mil on 10man seems a bit high.

15+ Year Old Account
    We start with scorpion, 12-5-5-5-5-5. Draw out the first scorpion phase as long as you can with raid CDs and maybe hero/bl. After that keep changing forms after 5 adrenalin each. Pets won't split the damage but they will get damaged, not useful. Our feral druid did 19Kish dps, he was amazed
    18-20K dps from everyone = fine.
    It's not undetuned, it's a gear check. If you have the gear it's pretty easy, if not, it's hard.

We did 9-7-5-7-3, but you're going to need some cooldowns to stay alive the last 3, and after that you're pretty much dead

Deleted
    Hello,

First of all i wish you good luck with the entcounter,

What we did was start stacked and get to 7 stacks (use 2 raid couldowns to migate the laste to AoE shizzels)
    Cat form we want to 6 stacks, kinda usefull to have flamestrikes next to each other makes it easier to run out with the debuff.

Stack up is crucial and needs to be done asap, kill any living add if still up (We had our dps switch in p2 all the time to kill the add asap).
    Everybody had to watch there own debuff, you cant realy make a mistake there. We went to 5 or 6 stacks and use 2CD for the last 2 again.

After you spread out again there are 2 orbs, that needs to be taken by 2 persons/orb so sign ppl to do that before you go in. and make sure the switch with 4-5 stacks, We signed on healer to each orb while the orbs healers still assist the tank healer.

Then stack up again asap and finish off the boss caus he shoundt have mutch hp left. use a Couldowns if you need get more then 4 aoe's (but i dont think you do)

We used Heroism/Time warp/Bloodlust at start so our dps had max profit out of it.

Good luck again
    Hemrus

Btw, Set a pre rotaion and make one person call out with is next.

Are you actually able to survive the first scorpian phase going all the way to 12?

Zka could you send me logs to your guild so I can compare some numbers please?

Also would you recommend using hero early on to use while dps cds are up and to prolong the first scorpian phase?

We did it with 3 healers, holy pala, resto shaman and holy priest, our top dps was combat rogue and feral druid. They found a spot on side of the boss they could share the damage from scythes and shred. We did the first Scorp to 9, with raid wall for 7th and 8th then I soaked one with AD. All the catphases were to 7. We poped lust during 3 rd Scorpy phase and in the last Cat phase we had melee team on one Orb and rangeds on 2nd. Here you can seet he video of our kill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ReQHKY-QfI

Deleted
    We do 8-7-5 (raid cd's on 3/4)-7-4-kill. Think we mostly do 20K+ dps, I do 24k as hunter but without passive pet. We use resto druid, resto sham and healadin. Once we tuned down second/third scorpion it was a kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how many CD's you have to help with raid damage it will change the amount of stacks you can get in each phase. However always take minimum of 5 stacks on cat phase. Our guild always does 6 on cat.

As for the Scorpion we took around 8-6-5-Dead

We usually do 9s-5c-5s-5c- and he is dead by 2 or 3 Flame scythes on the last phase. We tried going to 12 on the first scorp phase but it just ended up not being a good strat for our team.

First thing you should do is see how many Flame scythes your team can take for the first time, then just do 5 or 6 stacks of adrenaline the rest of the fight.

for the first stack we using spirit link on 6 and 7 and unholy dk AMZ for 8, we eat 9 and spread right out. rest of the time we just rotate CDs at 3,4
    Last edited by Therdin; 2011-07-26 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swunt View Post
    Are you actually able to survive the first scorpian phase going all the way to 12?

Also would you recommend using hero early on to use while dps cds are up and to prolong the first scorpian phase?
    I'm fairly certain he's talking about 25 man, those numbers seem too high for 10 man.
    the feral and rogue dps can DPS him rom behind during scropion phase on the first 2 or 3 cleaves, after that they should probably get back in the group (and by should, I mean they DPS from behind but stack with everyone for the cleaves then get back out).

If you can post some logs that would be nice too, what healing comp are you running?

18k is a bit low but if you have two people pulling 24k your dps should be fine. I don't know why your having so much trouble with it. We did 6-5-5-5-5-5 and killed it during the first burning orbs with dps similar to yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    I'm fairly certain he's talking about 25 man, those numbers seem too high for 10 man.
    the feral and rogue dps can DPS him rom behind during scropion phase on the first 2 or 3 cleaves, after that they should probably get back in the group (and by should, I mean they DPS from behind but stack with everyone for the cleaves then get back out).

If you can post some logs that would be nice too, what healing comp are you running?
    Did 11 slashes on scorpion in 10man, could have pushed 12. Raid is 2/13 & 6/7 geared.

Scorpion slashes 1-6 = Regular heals + pop hero.
    7 = Divine Guardian
    8-9 = Aura Mastery cover both
    10 = Tank turns and Ardent Defender
    11 = Tank turns and Guardian Spirit

Throw a tranquility in there earlier or a priest bubble of a AMZ or whatever and you can push 12. We also did 7 each cat phase, no reason not to, just use Tank CDs.

Don't get to hung up on how quickly others have killed it though, just spend a few attempts working out how many stacks of adrenalin you can push the 1st scorpion and then work from there.

As long as your raid can communicate CD useage the fight has little else to worry you. Your DPS sounds fine.
    Last edited by mmocfafd1d9a5a; 2011-07-26 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Kills for this boss start comming at about 110k raid dps (WoL), 1 tank, 3 heals, 6 dps = roughly 17.000 dps per dps
    That is counting the tank as 0.5 dps, thus roughly 8.500 dps.

You seem to be saying that your dps on average outranks that number of 17k, I really dont understand the elitists that go "18k is a bit low", we had people in our guild confinced these figures were wrong and we couldnt do it.... yet we did

Also a very nice tip I learned during the fights, the big damaging abilities start hitting after being in the same form for 17-18 seconds, thus you can when your near a kill but healers cannot manage much more prolong the fight a little by not allowing him to do his abilities rather force him cat for 15 seconds then Scorpion for 15 seconds and cat again. This goes mental as the human abilities start to stack etc, but it may all you to prolong the fight just that 15-30 seconds longer.

Another tip, though it costs a bit of dps time... We found it helpfull to tank him in the middle of that circle and having a hunter do MD on the pull, the circle gives a nice indication of how far people need to spread, which is rougly on the outer edge of those markings just outside the circle. This makes for a long jump time for the cat which allows people to react "earlier" before he lands and reduces incomming damage.
    Once jumped people, seem to have an unlikely higher odds to get jumped again during the same cat phase, so stay on your toes and keep them close the the void zone the jump/landing leaves so the zones overlap as much as possible.

Final tip: Damage reductions when timed properly can easily overlap 2 (later) scorpion AOE, i.e. we had PW:Barrier on stack 8 and 9 possibly even 10 of the first scorpion phase. Dont be to worried about stretching the first phase, atleast 10 was healable for our team. We did it in 3 different healing combo's so far:
    Holy Pal/Discoball/Druid
    Holy Pal/Druid/Shaman
    Disco/Druid/Druid

In my previous guild we ran with 1 Holy Priest and 2 Holy paladins (yes I know...terrible idea I wanted to kill myself as I was carrying the other holy paladin..........................)
    We downed the boss by pushing 6 cleaves during the first scorpion phase, so extending the phase isn't required nor is it a big deal, so don't stress too much over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post

I can confirm taking the first scorpion phase to 12 or 13 stacks in 10 man normal. I'll provide a link my my guild's WoL. Yesterday was our first attempt at Majordomo Staghelm, and it went fairly well. It took some time to refine the stacking/spread mechanic, but once we had it down, it was a kill.

We healed it with myself as a Disc Priest, a Resto Shaman, and a Resto Druid. We popped Bloodlust around 5 stacks or so. Tranq around 7 or so with Divine Hymm if it was up, and around 9 or 10 I popped a bubble and that lets us take it to 12 or so.

Link: Whoops, it seems I can't link until I've posted some more. We're on the Burning Legion US server, and the name of the guild is Epic Mealtime. This raid was yesterday July 25.

Did this last night on 10N with our stacks at 12-7-10-7-8-5-5-dead.

4 healers, 5 dps, 1 tank. All DPS were between 19-22k. I'd recommend 3 or even 2 healing though just to make the fight go faster. It's like chogall in a way. It actually becomes easier with less healers (although very hard on them), because the fight is shortened significantly.

Thank you so much for actually giving me a WoL link gives me something to go off of, unfortunately we run 2 pally and 1 shaman healer so I am not sure if we can take it all the way to 12, I think 10 should be easy though I feel much more confident about the fight now, thanks everyone for their help

10+ Year Old Account
    We just did it, and we went 6-6-6-0-0--6-6-7-6 dead.. It's worth mentioning that after the first phase with searing seed, we had som miss-communication, and had people run out, then in, then out again, so we got straight from searing seed to burning orbs. 3 healers, 1 tanks and 6 dps (one ranged, five melee... lol)

Our pally tank used the trick with argent defender, if a healer had to run with searing seed.

People need to be good with the orbs, and you need to know all cooldowns you have available, and when to use them. Just trial and error tbh. The 50mil goes down fast, since you're able to nuke almost the entire fight. We finished with everyone at 20-24k, and one guy at 14k (but we just got him in, to get the raid filled up). Just keep good communication on raid-wide CDs up, and smash your heads against it, and it should die fairly easy.

Deleted
    We went. 8 (First Scorp) - 6 (First Cat) - 5 (Second Scorp) - 6 (Second Cat) - 5 (Third Scorp) - 3 (Third Cat, at which point the boss was dead.)

You can use Human/Undead racial to break out of the stuns done on the Second Scorpion and Third Cat, which can increase healing/DPS by a fair amount.

Quote Originally Posted by swunt View Post

I know for a fact that going to 12 stacks during the first scorpion phase is possible. My guild does it, but you HAVE to cycle raid cooldowns.