Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    . The fight was all about how it was handle post enrage
    And that was WHY it was stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats sad

Really was a fun and brutal fight having that much HP and made the kill so much more epic being so close and tightly tuned. Now it'll be a cakewalk.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Berserk timers are only there as a Game Over mechanism and to ensure that no boss fight lasts longer than intended. If it was actually impossible to kill Baleroc before Berserk before the HP reduction, then the encounter was not working as intended. His health was lowered because of that. Deal with it, and don't cry.

Note the difference between an ENRAGE and a BERSERK. Enrages (removable or not) are part of fights, as shown by Shannox. Berserks are not, as shown by most bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Aen View Post
    You guys are really not getting the point, Blizzard intended for this fight to go into enrage.
    And you know this how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Dealing with a post-enrage boss is proper tuning and good encounter design?
    To be fair, they tuned it so when the non hardcore guilds reach it, their DPS will be higher from gear so they shouldn't hit enrage. Keeping it hard for the hardcore at the same time.

Not sure what this fix does really, that is, why they did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phw killed it sunday night! just in time.

But yeah to the ppl saying the fight was overtuned it was not! He is one of the end bosses made to be killed with gear from the others.

Im really quite saddened this. Im glad we managed to roll him over tonight though before the nerf after the reset on EU servers tommorow. However late our kill was it still felt epic because of the way you had to deal with the enrage, boss will be a compete and utter walkover now. :/

wings of flame from the alysrazor encounter was given an extra 5 seconds

While I doubt I will kill the nerfed version for a month at least, IMO tanks dieing and kiting is a legitimate raid design. Chimaeron? Perfect example of tanks dieing just being how you kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    An enraged boss should not be a part of an encounter.
    But this boss should be a gear check, so dealing with enrange is part of the boss if you don't got gear for faceroll trough him.

Anyway we are just working on this boss, got few low hp wipes and were hoping to kill him in 2-3 days, and now I feel like they took my sense of acomplishment for beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    I have to ask:

What is "C ST A Q O G P D?" on your interface above the raid frames?

Edit: I got it, it's a text - version of the micro menu.
    That's quite nice, what mod does that for you?
    Last edited by blackblade; 2011-07-27 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Aen View Post
    You guys are really not getting the point, Blizzard intended for this fight to go into enrage.
    Yes, that's why it's labeled as an own phase in the dungeon journal.

It's a gear check, if you could do it the first week but go into enrage for a while I say it's well tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    There was no need for the stealth nerf of Belroc's HP!

It was only a gear check for 3 weeks?! Grats everyone now on your free loot.
    That's how they've always designed encounters since Ulduar in WotLK. They have a few encounters at extreme progression checks that only the top guilds can get and then once they've gotten them they nerf the encounter. They've done this for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    That's how they've always designed encounters since Ulduar in WotLK. They have a few encounters at extreme progression checks that only the top guilds can get and then once they've gotten them they nerf the encounter. They've done this for years now.
    Oh, I agree, but too soon. He was broke the first week so it's only been 2 weeks in reality. Also, why stealth? Why not announce it with notes....

This is sad news!

It was designed around the entire raid having a higher ilvl of gear thus doing more dps. I believe they stated that it was designed with an ilvl of 384 average for the raid... Though I will agree that it isnt possible to kill before enrage but do you really want a fight nerfed when you know it can be killed if pre nerf if you were better?

Really though I think they were trying to compensate for the undertuned 10 man Baleroc Heroic. You don't see that getting nerfed.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

i agree with the fact that handling berserks should not be part of the encounter design.

however, this "fix" significantly reduces the difficulty of the the whole encounter. they should have nerfed the hp and made the berserk instawipe the raid just as yogg or mimiron, so you need the same raid dps to kill him.
    EU-Eredar - Refuge - Hxhxhrra

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    The goal for fights isn't to see how well people handle the enrage, rofl
    Pre-nerf handling the enrage well decided whether or not you killed it.