Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are Druids the Best at Anything?

So I decided to roll a druid because of their versatility, their ability to take on any role. But I was wondering, are Druids actually the best at anything? I wanted to focus on PvP as a kitty but I read on official forums that kitty is just now viable against the main PvP specs and will be nerfed soon. I feel like Druid tanks are just meat sacks, they have a lot of stamina but little mitigation and they just seem really boring. When it comes to caster DPS I think moonkins are the lowest, with mage probably being he best. I don't really know much about healing, but I can see by abilities that they are HoT focused. So what did you guys roll a druid for?

No class should be the "Best" at anything..

however, healing.. /sigh

Deleted
    I rolled a druid a million years ago and i love it to death.

Feral and Resto are my two favorite specs. Feral is awesome for pvp and resto is awesome for pve.

Regarding being the best at something i would say that resto seems to be the best overall healer in PVE
    where Feral seems to be the best spec right now in PVP.

What do you like playing? PVE or PVP? If you like PVE; go for resto druid.
    If you like PVPing; go for feral.

Stay as far away as you can from resto PVP because it is currently the worst healer in pvp atm.
    Pretty weird because they are the best in pve...

TLDR; Feral for PVP, Resto for PVE, Balance for both i guess...

If you want to PvP, collect a mage and a priest partner, go 3v3 as feral and free glad :x.

They are the best at shapeshifting.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxZarin View Post
    They are the best at shapeshifting.
    i'll second this position

Boomking is best AOE dps and Feral is probably the best pvp melee dps if not the best overall for pvp.
    Hi Sephurik

Currently ferals are the best at receiving rage on the pvp forums.

I feel like Druid tanks are just meat sacks, they have a lot of stamina but little mitigation and they just seem really boring.
    What the.....

A lot has changed from WOTLK. Druids no longer have the highest health pools, instead we have the highest mitigation in terms of both spell and physical damage.

If your going to roll a druid at least try to learn about what has changed between WOTLK and Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    What the.....

A lot has changed from WOTLK. Druids no longer have the highest health pools, instead we have the highest mitigation in terms of both spell and physical damage.

If your going to roll a druid at least try to learn about what has changed between WOTLK and Cata.
    You're flaming him because he said "I feel like...ect"? The reason he made the thread so to get some feedback he didn't claim to be the druid master.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins and Bears are the best dancers.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Boomkins and Bears are the best dancers.
    That reminds me bearform is the best way to t-bag dead people after you kill the boss.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You're flaming him because he said "I feel like...ect"? The reason he made the thread so to get some feedback he didn't claim to be the druid master.
    I was flaming? I pointed out a correction that is stemmed in assumptions of the class from the previous expansion. I don't see how that is flaming. If all he knows is how he class was from last expansion then he's bound to make a mistake. Moonkins, kitties, and restro's are all now vastly different. He should take that into account.

Deleted
    Farming herbs... also the best raid healers

Deleted
    And combat ressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    Currently ferals are the best at receiving rage on the pvp forums.
    lol pretty much this. Boomkins been steadily nerfed into mediocrity since being the top of the dps heap for the first few months of cata (for the first time ever). Resto is extremely powerful in 25 man raids and gets increasingly worse as group sizes decrease, and its pretty bad in pvp atm. Bear tanks are fine and equal to the other tanks if you can get over the fact that they are soul-crushingly boring to play.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are the best at being a shapeshifting master... also Balance Druids are best at being a Bawse.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Boomking is best AOE dps and Feral is probably the best pvp melee dps if not the best overall for pvp.
    This

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/...411_003537.jpg

Nerf feral druids.

Yeah resto druids crush everyone in terms of pure output in pve.

Balance Druids are kings of AOE

Ferals are good at pvp. I don't know that I"d say "the best" but they're certainly not bad.

Bears are on par, if not better, than most tanks in a single-target situation. AOE Tanking has a little advantage to block tanks IMO.

No, I think you want the Paladin or Shaman forums if you're looking for "what are we the best at?" sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Stop spreading that around the druid forum your a terrible rogue.

anywho

There was one saying I always found funny about druids

"Druids come to do your job better than you"

in some cases YES druids can do better than a class that's MEANT for that job.