Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Shannox hc is solely an awareness and excecution fight. Numbers dont mean a thing on that one.

Ragnaros is a bit more needy DPS / healing wise, but both encounters are fairly simple tbh.

Raggy: dont stand in fire
    Shannox: master traps

Quote Originally Posted by Thaendra View Post
    Ehhh.... might as well do Rag first, he's not very RNG at all. Once you "learn" the mechanics well enough doing them right every time seems easy enough (compared to some other mechanics in the game)... Shannox on the other hand is a short fight of annoyance (but not too bad) for a few select people, which can sometimes get more annoying depending on who rageface decides to rage at and where they're standing.Quick edit: Oh yes, and the easiness of Shannox generally relies on the raid having a hunter. It makes it a lot easier which is what people think of when they think he's easy. (Not that he's super hard without it, but not having a hunter in the raid sorta makes things more annoying than it could be).
    What exactly do hunters do on this fight to make it so much easier.About to try this fight on my hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    What exactly do hunters do on this fight to make it so much easier.About to try this fight on my hunter.
    Meh we do this without our hunter at times, but then again we have a mage to handle rage. H Shan is easier than Rag once you get the important stuff. Dont have traps between you and the Rage's trap kiter. have your MT use the road as needed to keep the area clear of traps. OT manages Rip and is aware of the distance btwn him and the boss. Easily done.

Deleted
    Ragnaros is definetly much tougher than heroic Shannox imo. I think it took us 12 wipes to down heroic Shannox while it took us 30-40 normal Ragnaros.

Maybe its just me. I felt that Raggy was simplier than say normal Alys. Heroic Shannox and Raggy.. Well, it really depends on how mobile your players are. I'd say Raggy is easier.

Hc shannox is easier than normal shannox.. which is easier than rag. nuff said

A hunter can take care of rageface the entire fight with little to no assistance. The hunter breaks the Facerage which gives the hunter aggro. Disengage, aspect of cheetah, run for awhile and right before he gets to you, you feign death. Rageface takes forever to run back to the group and by the time he does his stacks have dropped. The hunter does this over and over the entire fight. It really trivializes this fight. Our group 4 shot H Shannox on our first night of attempts using this strat.

Quote Originally Posted by rubmyshock View Post
    A hunter can take care of rageface the entire fight with little to no assistance. The hunter breaks the Facerage which gives the hunter aggro. Disengage, aspect of cheetah, run for awhile and right before he gets to you, you feign death. Rageface takes forever to run back to the group and by the time he does his stacks have dropped. The hunter does this over and over the entire fight. It really trivializes this fight. Our group 4 shot H Shannox on our first night of attempts using this strat.
    Makes perfect sense, thanks I will try this. It will allow us to use most traps for Riplimb to reset tanks Jagged Tear.

Deleted
    H Shannox is much easier for all dpses except the one assigned to Rageface, but it is harder for tanks, the guy assigned to Rageface and tank healers to some extent.

Makes perfect sense, thanks I will try this. It will allow us to use most traps for Riplimb to reset tanks Jagged Tear.
    No problem. Occasionally due to the uneven terrain of the area, your disengage wont take you too far and you may have to feign death earlier than you would want to which will lead to another raid member getting aggro on Rageface. Just call that out in vent and have them kite somewhat until he does his next jump.

One other thing to look out for is if he chooses to facerage on the hunter. Have a backup 30k damage ability ready from a mage or something in case this happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Shannox is only easier if you have RNG on your side, which isn't alot. Ragnaros is alot easier since it's less RNG.

Deleted
    I'd say shannox hc is easier, given they're both easy however. It's an extremely forgiving fight tbh. We messed up countless times on our first kill and still downed it. Having a raid member getting ice trapped, having rageface not resetting stacks for quite a long while etc.

We started our 25m progress on Shannox HC last night, and we ended it with an extremely clean kill about 30 minutes later after merely 4 wipes. Yes, Shannox HC is a LOT easier than Ragnaros normal, but only for the shortness and simplicity of the encounter. Ragnaros has a longer learning curve imo since it's a long fight with many phases, and you can't learn p3 until you've reached it. With Shannox HC everyone is already familiar with the basics of the fight since the normal mode.

chimaeron HC also was easier than nef normal
    In your dreams?

H shannox is alot easier than rag it is actually easier than reg shannox it is basically a burn in heroic

Deleted
    H Shannox is easier than normal Shannox .-.

In my personal oppinion H Shannox is both easier and harder then Ragnaros. If that makes any sence, ill try to explain it. (I am 1/7 Heroic btw).

Ragnaros have a pretty straightforward tactic, and there aint alot of changed during the encounter, so you can get fairly regular tries in on him. The encounter itself i would range to mid/hard encounter, but no where near the hardest encounter i have faced so far, but a very fun encounter.

Shannox is a fight, where there is quite alot of RNG (with trap placement), and if your raiders in general have bad awareness this boss fight will take forever to get down. We use 2 tanks on shannox and riplimb, and 1 breaker (me, arcane mage), on Rageface. I will announce every time rageface gets trapped, and everyone will move approximately 39-40 yards or so away from the trap. Anymore and he might jump on an 40yrd+ guy and not reset stacks. Additionally it is very crucial that raiders ALWAYS are aware there are NO immolation traps between themselves and Rageface, since this makes him immune to traps (This is very important, and can lead to many wipes).
    As for Riplimb, our tank is kiting him around, and tries to keep him near Shannox, and as soon as Riplimp goes to pick up the spear, our Riplimb tank will sprint/leap/intervene away as far as he can get from the dog (actually he can just follow it towards the spear, since Riplimb will go forth and back then forth again), since if you imagine this:

Shannox always tosses spear like 20-40 yards away from him. So if the tank keeps Riplimb at the boss, then Riplimb gotta move to spear, back, and then to the tank again. This leaves alot of time where Riplimb stacks can wear off, but this is actually often not enough! So what you want to do is whenever Riplimb goes for the spear is he SLOWABLE, so get a DK on slowing duty which is his main priority (before dps), to keep the dog as slowed as possible when gathering up spear.

Along with all this the tank for Shannox needs constant kiting.

But once you have gotten this tactic down, the fight itself become rather simple and just a burn for about 80% of the raid.

So i cannot judge which is harder (i run 25 btw).

But as others have stated, you need to kill Ragnaros before you can start on Heroic bosses.

I hope some of what i wrote helped .

Cheers.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

There is no rng in the Ragnaros encounter, so I find that easier now that we got both on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    Trap drops. You immediately get a face full of angry dog. You can't move. Trap activates before someone gets the dog out of your face.

Avoidable? Yes, if both you and the assigned Face Rage breaker are lightning fast. It's still bad RNG.
    No offense, but if your facerage breaker takes more than 3 seconds to do his job, assign someone else to it. Especially with higher stacks (Shit happens) you don't want the doggy to maul someone's face for that long.

Aside from that, you're talking about a situation where a traps spawns on you the EXACT moment the facerage starts. a window of even 1-2 seconds between teh spawn of the trap and the facerage means the breaker has even more time, or if the order is trap > facerage, then the person standing on the trap was being retardedly slow at moving.

Not to mention that these situations should be so extremely rare that you can't really include it as 'RNG' of the figth.

Shannox heroic is far easier than Ragnaros normal. The only people who actually need to do something during Shannox hc are the OT and the facerage breaker, the rest of the raid can pretty much get away with just standing there and nuking/healing. Hell, we're comparing a 1 phase fight to a fight with 3 full phases with different abilities and 2 transition phases in between?

I'd even go as far as to say Shannox normal is harder than Shannox hc.....

(The only thing about shannox hc 25 that annoys the shit out of me is the random 200k+ spikes on the MT within 0,5 seconds (120k+ slash + 80k+ melee hits landing at the same time while the dot is ticking...) We have had plenty of Shannox hc wipes where our MT just went from 100% to 0% in less than 1 second.

How in the chocolate covered God is Heroic Shannox easier than Reg Shannox? Are you guys talking comparatively? Does not compute! BRAIN HURT!