Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best way to get Obsidium Cleaverx2?

Any ideas? I've been itching to get a couple Obsidium Cleavers but they never seem to drop in my guild raids and I don't have 50k to shell out for a few good weapons. Tried farming some trash but there is so little after a shannox kill I never have time.

Anyone have any ideas on how to pick up a few of these without being rich...or a way to get rich without compromising your current profession?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There are only 2ways be lucky/meaning farming trash all the time even out of guild runs OR being "rich"
    So either trash farm or play AH/farm/ask your guild to buy them

What are you honestly expecting people to say for advice? The two ways to get that would be 1) Buy it from the AH, 2) Farm it yourself from trash. Both of which you already know of. Both of which you said you can't\don't want to do. So seriously, what are you really expecting someone to say? "Yo Aerieadk, I have 2 sitting in the bank, let met x-fer to Illidan and drop them off to you!"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I'm not sure what it's like on Illidan, but on my server you can make some good money from engineering. For example on my server the 800attack power bow/gun scope goes for about 6-800g on the AH but only costs 2-300g to make. As for JCing, most gems are a gold mine right now. Red, Orange and Purple gems are amazing sellers and you can make a good bit of profit from prospecting ubsidium/elementium ore.

Also, i'm still farming trash in most of my free time for cleavers. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer for the both of us.

Just solo trash I think dks can do that can they not?
    Jaythekilla guild leader of <Did it for Whitney> CLASSIC. Established 10-30-2008 on Malfurion US. Currently recruiting for Classic WoW on horde PVP.

I soloed my both cleavers, but I did not them, instead dropped other stuff, sold and bought 2 axes. One week later my core droppes one from trash before Shannox. lol

Solo the trash
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

A guy I know bought them from honorable chinese gentlemen.

Deleted
    Solo the hellhounds packs as a dk or roll a shaman/mage and solo the 5 packs of pyrelords + smouldering elementals on 25 man (roughly 40 mobs at a time). I've never seen the cleave drop myself while soloing, but in the past 2 sessions of soloing ive had 2 xbows, 2 staffs, 4 mail bracers and 2 patterns, so weapons are definately gonna drop if you keep at it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am selling vp bracers as I myself don't need anything from vp anymore aside from the relic which can wait. A few weeks coupled with dailies you should have enough to get one and hopefully by the time I get one I'd have gotten lucky with my guild to have gotten one. If not then rinse and repeat. Like I said, if you don't need anything from the vp vendor anymore its an option you could explore.
    "Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and the moon darkened, and the stars no longer shine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Simonzi your avatar is epic.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is farming trash really that viable now since they nerfed the drop rate? If it is I'll spend all day tomorrow farming until I have 2 or until I have enough gold for 2 lol

Easiest way is to make money using JC and buy it from AH.

I bought 4 cleavers that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    Easiest way is to make money using JC and buy it from AH.

I bought 4 cleavers that way.
    I'm a 525 JC and I've never found it to be a lucrative profession.

What do you sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post

What do you sell?
    You aren't trying then. Cut red, oranges and purples and you will have gold in no time at all.

What do you sell?
    You can make the JC necklaces / gear and shit, then get them disenchanted and make scrolls off them

???

profit
    Armory and ranks

Armory
    Ranks
    pov

Got one of mine from solo-farming Trash, not sure how viable that still is. Haven't done it in a couple weeks now. My second one dropped from a Core Hound (The big dogs) a few nights later during a guild raid.

That's really all you can hope for, or you can raise the money and buy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is funny that I had made this thread today because come tonight in guild raid first epic boe drops (Goes to guild bank to be sold for repairs) --- continue killing trash, second boe drops what do you know its the cleaver so it goes to bid. I win for 5 dkp

1 down 1 to go.

Deleted
    Got both mine from soloing thrash, did it for 3 days straight tho. Totaly worth it.

Tried farming some trash but there is so little after a shannox kill I never have time.
    The trash after Shannox-kill are the ones we can solo. The ones before such as corehounds, surgers, giants, etc, are obviously not solo-able.

I understand very well about the time issue, and the mentality of farming is very important. When I go farm, I think to myself, I am going to do 1-3 resets at a time, then I will do something else and come back later.

Once we zone in, go down the ramp, pull the turtles + scorpions + hounds together, aoe them down, then reset. The epics drop rate is quite high. Soloing can be boring, listen to music/radio, and/or find a partner and split the profit. Having a partner helps too.