Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    ...unless you play an elemental shaman, sorry shamans.
    Don't look at your recount, either look at Skada or your WoL afterwards. With 2 piece T12 bonus any elemental shaman will have a hard time not competing for the top spot. Fire elemental is just that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Don't look at your recount, either look at Skada or your WoL afterwards. With 2 piece T12 bonus any elemental shaman will have a hard time not competing for the top spot. Fire elemental is just that strong.
    I hate our shaman's ele on Rag. Makes me think a Son is still up and I start trying to death grip it away...

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I hate our shaman's ele on Rag. Makes me think a Son is still up and I start trying to death grip it away...
    do you use name plates? Because if you have name plates up you wouldn't see one for it and it would prevent you from freaking out lol
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

AMZ and personal preference (you don't need to play frost if you don't like it just because everyone else does!)

Oh and your shaman shouldn't use fire ele in that phase after the adds die it doesn't go back on rag just sits by the totem like a tard.
    Hi Sephurik

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    AMZ and personal preference (you don't need to play frost if you don't like it just because everyone else does!)

Oh and your shaman shouldn't use fire ele in that phase after the adds die it doesn't go back on rag just sits by the totem like a tard.
    its not because everyone else does its because of Min/maxing but it is personal preference.

and i thought they corrected the issue with the elemental totems being stupid and just looking pretty...
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Allow me to quote myself, who was shamelessly stealing a quote from Spiritus (in an awesome podcast with Papapaint and Darksend)

Drawing conclusions from Parses doesn't work, when the conclusions were made before the parses were up, and continue to bias them. For 99.8% of Death Knights they will never see that 2% difference to Frost (assuming both specs had optimised gear, instead of just reforged sub-par gear), and are nothing but sheep following the curve.
    well i have 2 sets of optimized gear my unholy set is ilevel 376 with the shanox axe so its a good set. i set a world parse on domo 3 weeks ago as frost yet last 2 weeks i went unholy so we could take stacks to 12, and im avg. 4k less dps as unholy, take what you will, its not only a 2% diff. i know i play em both extremely well. if it wasnt for AMZ mitigating 50k dmg for everyone on domo i'd stay frost.
    Last edited by damescool; 2011-08-02 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    I don't mean to come off terribly cocky but I can easily rank as either spec. I'm a competent player. While I fully agree that UH is competitive and under an optimal single target fight perhaps even slightly superior to frost it suffers huge disadvantages this tier. I would only consider Baelroc and Shannox fair dps comparisons, frost is simply the better spec for Beth'tilac, Majordomo, Alysrazor (both air and ground), Rhyolith (Add duty or legs), and Ragnaros (better AoE for seeds). I could see an argument for Ragnaros, but it would have to center around purely P3 kiting and AMZ which both depend hugely on a guild's strategy.
    This is more true and relevant. In regards to the content in question, rather than looking at a number in Simcraft or "all the top parses are <x>". Parsers like RaidBot, StateOfDPS, or whatever else people are using nowadays, or even bringing Simcraft into it, they don't tell any kind of story or context (top parses back on Magmaw for example, were hunters just spamming multi-shot, so clearly Survival was the only spec to play, despite not actually needing to kill the adds at all).

---------- Post added 2011-08-02 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    well i have 2 sets of optimized gear my unholy set is ilevel 376 with the shanox axe so its a good set. i set a world parse on domo 3 weeks ago as frost yet last 2 weeks i went unholy so we could take stacks to 12, and im avg. 4k less dps as unholy, take what you will, its not only a 2% diff. i know i play em both extremely well. if it wasnt for AMZ mitigating 50k dmg for everyone on domo i'd stay frost.
    Comfortability comes with the spec change, of course, so it's more than gear (do you have a UI made for Unholy as well? Or is everything still in place for Frost?), but beyond that the point I was more or less trying to make was this:

The specs are apart. Yes. Even if it was only 500 DPS apart, every single world-caliber DK would play Frost, unless there were fights they reliably couldn't (i.e. NEEDED Anti-Magic-Zone for rotation). But as long as that difference exists (or even if it doesn't, but the community percieves it to), the gap is going to look bigger than it is.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    This is more true and relevant. In regards to the content in question, rather than looking at a number in Simcraft or "all the top parses are <x>". Parsers like RaidBot, StateOfDPS, or whatever else people are using nowadays, or even bringing Simcraft into it, they don't tell any kind of story or context (top parses back on Magmaw for example, were hunters just spamming multi-shot, so clearly Survival was the only spec to play, despite not actually needing to kill the adds at all).

Isn't that exactly what raidbots shows ? That unholy works subpar on a couple of encounters in comparison to frost ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    even with a 391 2H Weapon Unholy sucks i still roll higher numbers with DW Frost with 2x 378 Obisidan cleaver
    I loove the look of your orc dk