Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Smart and fun? Quit sniffing glue there is nothing smart and fun about it.
    The smart ones play it to it's full power and say it's a pain.
    The ones who enjoy it isn't playing it to it's full power.

Seems about right Requital?

*Edit*

imo the "main" reason for retributions clunky FCFS rotation system is the terrible scaling of our haste = reduced CD on crusader strike. ATM the required haste for retribution paladins to be "capped" is 4k + latency margine + raidbuffs. Once we can achieve that our rotation won't depend on a proc 95% of the time, also once we reach that point our holy power generation will be alot better than it's now. 4sec CD on Crusader strike = 15 holy power per minute (assuming we actually use CS on cd, which we don't because of GCD mainly) once we get 3sec CD we will get 20holy power per minute with less downtime from other abilities. At best we can see 1 or 2 templars verdict per minute more, assume 1 templars verdict and that hits normally for 45-50k noncrit. that's still almost 1k dps increase without thinking about increased melee swings, exor procs from melee swings, increased dot tics, increased number of crusader strikes and so on.

What blizzard REALLY needs to do to make the "feel" of retribution paladins to be where it can and SHOULD be is set the 3sec CD haste requirement for retribution paladins to 2k haste rating or 2.5k max. There's a reason why we got a talent to reduce our only way of holy power generation and we still reforge and gear away from it and that's because it's unreachable for starters but also it butchers our mastery "stacking" which is our best secondary stat.

Imo retribution secondary stat priority should be:
    Hit + Exp cap > haste to cap (2.5k max) > mastery > crit.
    Right now all we care about is being hit and exp capped and then mastery. I honestly don't look at crit or haste anymore, if i can obtain items with crit and mastery ill much rather take them rather than ones with mastery haste but that's just because haste only increases our melee swings and dot's very, very slightly where crit has a chance to make our abilities hit twice as hard.

Don't know if others feel the same way but im tired being balanced around our worst secondary stat.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-07-31 at 09:22 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

"redesign" ? no.
    Tweaks: yes.

While the new ret is certainly not faceroll, its not fun as well. Almost every other class is less faceroll than wotlk-ret and a lot more fun that cata-ret. I think its too clunky the way it is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

The main thing i miss as a ret in Cata is the ability to heal and help my raid/friends in pvp like used to do in wrath. I liked the fact that ret can't top the metters but has(had)the capability to throw a heal to his tank, "save" a raider from death by instant FoL him (without losing much dps)etc. We lost that capacity in Cata, but we didn't gain that much dps.

In fact i don't event want a better dps, i just want to be a real hybrid dps, like we used to be in wrath.

So in a nutshell, just let art of war make my Fol instant again and i'll be happy as a ret.
    Last edited by Aelthais; 2011-07-31 at 10:08 AM.
    What is mind? No matter.
    What is matter? Never mind.

Deleted
    I don't want a re-design, just something to fill the gaps in our rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    The actual good ret paladins love it because its smart and fun. Now see if you can pick out the bad pallies in this post
    You sir win the contest of people with vakuum instead of their brain. Ret Paladins aren't smart. Some people like to think a lot about themselves so they claim this but... Lol . Fun is subjective, you might enjoy it because of the brain issue I described. Generally it isn't fun.

- To take away Ret burst Blizz gives them 30% dmg boost to some abilities you have to activate taking globals from you. I recall ferals had 30% dmg boost to everything in WotLK but even they don't have it anymore, it only applies to autoattack dmg if I am not mistaken now. Rogues have +40% melee speed. But paladins get 30% to holy damage... FML.

- Combo points are terribly boring design. But ok, some people must like it since rogues are played by people. No idea why though. It's so boring filling up the damn point bar. CS, CS, CS => TV. Or Mut, Mut, Mut => Envenom. Etc.

- However adding retarded RNG factor with 15% proc chance that controls everything, makes the difference between very solid dmg and shit... I'd really like to know who came up with that. If that crap doesn't proc, and you all know there are fights you barely see it, you just stand there, in between CS and TV use high mana useless bullshit such as Consecration or Holy Wrath. Or nothing. On the other hand there are fights you just don't get it how often it procs and your TVs are almost 1:1 compared to how many times you used CS... Is this a good damn design???

So this is the smart ret rotation? Fun?... And don't kid yourself, it isn't hard to play at all. Only thing is that you have to keep up Inq and then you just push CS on CD and in betwenen some random BS that lights up for you. Or nothing lights up and you just spend mana on crap spells such as Holy Wrath on single target...

Do I want a redesign? I don't really care too much, I only specced ret couple times, I am holy otherwise. But I think it would deserve a complete redesign. Getting rid of holy power in it's current state (think Warlock's shards), Inq redesigned to not be so important

a redesign would be great
    to have to choose between crusader strike and holy storm was the wrong idea...
    the healing also is bad balanced(healing others)

imo fix crit chance, got all crit gear and have 8% crit chance... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    imo fix crit chance, got all crit gear and have 8% crit chance... wtf?
    Retribution isn't a spec that needs alot of crit, none of our abilities or procs depend on crits, neither does dks. Warriors on the other hand are crit dependant as fury, if you want to see large numbers instead of fewer faster ones i suggest rerolling warrior. That said i still rock 90k + 90k crits with my templars verdict crits + apperatus trinket active. You can't say 180k crits on a non damage increase boss is bad, you just cant <3
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

As for someone wanting to be the hero...oh im ret but i can heal WHOOO yea we can..but really i want to dps and how much longer are guilds gonna take a RET when other melee is so much higher? Oh wait, its started already hasnt it..no rets in the highest end. Needs to be a tweek or a fix or something with DPS as some point along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a complete redesign is needed but there are lots of things that can be done to improve the current Ret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

- Holy power is the best thing that happened to the Retardin;
    - Retri needs another HP generating spell / technique / that does holy damage with a low CD;
    - Worst crowd controls of the game, must be reworked
    - Inquisition is a nice thing but it needs to be less HP eating.

Right now, its still the most boring melee spec i have ever played in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ArreatSR View Post
    ret paladin is good fun, but its very slow from time to time. the deadtime in between reminds me of pre tbc *shrugs*
    Try another melee class in PvP and you will see that it's all but fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Its not fun, More annoying.
    Since Cata if switched from pala to warrior.
    Wish they would bring back the Wotlk Ret paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    4.03 Ret was 'stolen' from the Rift warrior class/soul. Holy power in particular.

It sucks, along with every other pointless buildup/proc/cooldown that came with Cata.

Yep remove holy power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh so you want to turn Ret Paladins into Enhancement Shaman's with a shield?
    I don't understand what else on my post is similar to enhancement shamans than the fact
    they can dual wield. The current seals work exactly like shaman weapon enhancements
    and this change would make them different.

"give them dual wield"
    "OH MAKE THEM JUST LIKE ROGUES?!?!?!?!!?!??!"

So instead of "filler, crusa, filler, crusa, filler, crusa verdict"
    you would have seals and judgements which you rotate to create
    some kind of combos.

In PvE dps utility seal would be more about giving somekind of raid debuff
    and in PvP it would be dispels / debuffs.

So yes!
    Exactly like enhancement shamans!

830 troll posts.
    Congratulations bro.

Wotlk Retri was just a nobrain spec doing massive damage by just pressing a successive suite of buttons is not really funny imho.

I like ret right now, although I miss some more +crit (it was like ringing bells back in WotLK) and lately I thought the DS animation might be fun to have back in the basic rotation (just for the holy style).

haven't played with the firelands patch ....but before that it was NOT fun.....
    I am glad that ret does decent dps (ans has been since wotlk, kinda) but I hate the "dead" time when you just wait for an ability to come of CD....
    Heck, just giving ret an ability that does 0.5 additional dps but does not have a CD and does not require any resource, would make the spec a LOT more fun for me...."dead" time, is too boring....

Also I hate that we don't have the AoW procs with FoL.....it seems that with Holy power, retribution self healing skills are worse then a warrior and rogue's self healing abilities....and they shud never have had self-healing abilities other than bandages......but maybe the last patch fixed that...dunnoo.....I am done with playing Wow.....I visit MMO-champ for the forums to stay up to date with WoW storyline and a bit of diablo 3 news
    Last edited by Vasti; 2011-07-31 at 01:01 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande