Thread: Expired Token

Expired Token

No clue if this is the correct place to put this, sorry in advance.

Everytime i want to browse this website i get this popup message.

It happens when i want to go back a page, or want to open another thread.

Unlike the popup says i did not submit anything.

I tried different browsers and got rid of the cookies etc. but nothing helped.

Is it some sort of setting i need to disable / enable ?

Anyone else with the same issue ?
    "I dont blame my failures on the game and say: "ooh the game needs to be nerfed down to my level" NO!! I need to raise myself to the level of the game, and if i cant beat the content thats my own fault."

I get that whenever I restart firefox (which then reloads my previous open pages which 99% of the time includes mmo-champ) but never again till I reboot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Passing it up to the devs. Did you also clear the cache?

Deleted
    If it helps, I had this too once, when switching back from Private mode to --> normal mode in Firefox, on the mainpage.

(In case you're wondering: I know this thread is X months old)

I'm having the same problem since... ever?
    When I start my browser (Firefox 11.0, but doesn't matter since I also had this issue with previous versions) I get the message about the expired token (forgot to take a screenshot, sorry for that).
    I already cleared my cache & cookies, but though I get this message once a day.

Is there anything I can do to permanently prevent this message from popping up?

Thanks in advance

15+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like when you open the browser, it's trying to immediately load a page that required a session. Which page do you have loading right away that gives the error?

I'm using the "Pin as App Tab" function in Firefox for "http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/" so that every time I start Firefox, all of my app tabs are automatically loaded and the MMO-Champion tab gives me that "expired token" error every day when I start my browser.

I get the expired token error whenever I allow Firefox to restore a session where MMO champ's front page was open on a tab. I also get it if I use the back function to return to the front page after siting viewing a forum post for more than half an hour. Never had it crop up on the forums themselves. The problem only seems to crop up when either the main page or one of the news posts is loaded from browser memory at least half an hour after the last refresh of the page.

Who is John Galt?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll ask the devs about it and see if they know about it and if there's a fix.

Finally I remembered to take a screenshot of the message:

I hope it helps in some way to fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the screenshot!
    the PHP Enchanter at Curse, Inc.

Curious, how long had you been waiting to post your response?

The only time you should get that sort of error is if your securitytoken expires. Its on like a 2+ hour window, and it only expires if you stop browsing the site.

The only other time it can happen is if you sent so much data that the servers couldn't handle all of the data plus the security token.

Last but not least, silly adblocking programs can be overzealous and sometimes remove it based on custom rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
    Last but not least, silly adblocking programs can be overzealous and sometimes remove it based on custom rules.
    To test this, I disabled my adblocker before I turned my PC off yesterday. Sadly, it didn't change anything so that I still get the message about the expired token

I noticed that after the "http://www.mmo-champion.com/content" there was a "?s = de7ce6e009a4e841253f834724ccd308". I had the same "code" before I turned off my PC yesterday. Isn't this the security token? Looks like my browser tries to restore the exact same token... but I think this can't work since it's only stored for X hours.

So if I see things correctly, I will have to get rid of the security token at the end of the URL every time I close/open my browser so that a new one can be used instead of the old one... right? (just to make it clear: I have no/very little knowledge about this stuff, I' just trying to understand it)
    Last edited by yumee; 2012-04-04 at 04:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, as long as you get rid of that token it should work just fine.

But that's the question. How do I get rid of it? :P Is there anything I can do so that it automatically gets "deleted"?

EDIT: There was no token at the end of the URL when I closed my browser yesterday, but I still got the message about the expired token today Oo
    Last edited by yumee; 2012-04-05 at 01:20 PM.